Digital TV News: YouGov
Streaming dominates UK television landscape
Sep 23, 2022 – Streaming is more popular than ever among all age groups, reaching 73% of Brits, according to research by The Trade Desk. The rise of streaming in the UK is driven by viewers in the 18- to 34-year-old age group.
News categories: The Trade Desk, Dave Castell, Digital TV, Market Research, UK
Box Broadband launches fibre TV service in UK with Netgem
Dec 15, 2021 – Box Broadband has launched its TV offering through a partnership with Netgem TV. Netgem TV complements the Freeview Play service with extra box sets and movies, and a choice of 'add on' subscription apps via a 4K TV Box and a mobile app.
News categories: Netgem, Box Broadband, Shan Eisenberg, Graham Sargood, Digital TV, Fibre, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, UK
Channel 4 to share streaming content performance data with producers
Aug 19, 2021 – Channel 4 has launched its Producers Performance Report which gives individual producers valuable data on how their new programmes have performed on All 4 and the broadcaster’s linear channels.
News categories: Channel 4, Emma Hardy, Rebecca Thompson, Big Data, Digital TV, Streaming, UK
Nearly half of American TV viewers already cordless
Jun 29, 2021 – Cordless TV consumers are on track to become the predominant TV consumer in the next year, according to the fourth Future of TV survey of more than 4,000 U.S. adults by The Trade Desk (Nasdaq: TTD).
News categories: The Trade Desk, Tim Sims, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
Vietnam among highest for online piracy in Southeast Asia
May 17, 2021 – A study of the online content viewing behaviour of Vietnamese consumers has found that 60% access streaming piracy websites or torrent sites. The levels of piracy went as high as 65% within the 18-24 age demographic.
News categories: Asia Video Industry Association, YouGov, Neil Gane, Thomas Jayet, Phan Vu Tuan, Content Protection, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, Vietnam
Survey shows 27% of U.S. households plan to cut cable TV in 2021
Jan 12, 2021 – U.S. households are cancelling their cable subscriptions more rapidly than previously reported. Data from The Trade Desk (Nasdaq: TTD) shows 27% of U.S. cable TV subscribers are planning to cut their subscriptions in 2021.
News categories: The Trade Desk, Tim Sims, Advertising, Cable TV, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
Entain and Verizon Media to develop VR experience for live sports
Dec 17, 2020 – Verizon Media and Entain plc (LSE: ENT) have announced that they will develop a highly immersive proof of concept VR experience that will combine live sports viewing with interactive layers of sports data and gaming.
News categories: Verizon Media, Entain, Guru Gowrappan, Shay Segev, Digital TV, Market Research, Metaverse, UK, USA, UX
64% of U.S. households may lack long-term interest in subscribing to cable TV
Apr 21, 2020 – 64 percent of U.S. households with at least one screen have cut the cord with cable TV, are planning to cut the cord, or never subscribed, according to a recent survey of more than 2,600 U.S. consumers by The Trade Desk (Nasdaq:TTD).
News categories: The Trade Desk, Brian Stempeck, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
One third of Taiwanese online consumers have accessed TV piracy sites
Feb 19, 2020 – A Coalition Against Piracy study of the online content viewing behaviour of Taiwanese consumers, has revealed that 33% of consumers have accessed streaming piracy websites or torrent sites to access premium content without paying any subscription fees.
News categories: Asia Video Industry Association, Neil Gane, Thomas Ee, Content Protection, Digital TV, Market Research, Taiwan
- AR/VR headset shipments slowed in Q1 2023
- Introducing Apple Vision Pro: Apple’s first spatial computer
- 49% of U.S. adults watch video via a CTV device daily
- FAST revenues in Eastern Europe set to reach $42m by 2028
- Qvest becomes European League of Football FAST playout partner
- Wyplay acquires iFeelSmart
- Tenstorrent to build AI and RISC-V chiplets with LG for Smart TVs
- DISH brings its linear TV to the digital ad marketplace
- health tv launches first FAST channel with Amagi
- Number of UK SVOD homes falls in 1Q 2023
- inext signs Moldova distribution contract with DIGIMAX
- EL PAIS begins live broadcasts on its FAST channel with The Channel Store
- SoftAtHome implements Alexa voice control software for etisalat by e&
- Arabsat Badr-8 satellite successfully launched
- Streaming TV growth in Latin America driven by ad-supported viewing
- STARZ domestic OTT subscribers up 700,000 in 1Q 2023
- New DIRECTV STREAM customers get priority access to Telly waiting list
- Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin
- BeIN Media and Google Cloud announce media and broadcast collaboration
- Activated STBs grow to 3,166,461 for South Africa's Openview