Digital TV News: YouTube TV
First TVs powered by TiVo Stream OS expected in late 2023/early 2024
May 9, 2022 – Xperi (NASDAQ: XPER) has announced results for the first quarter ended March 31, 2022. The company expects to launch the first TVs powered by TiVo Stream OS in late 2023 or early 2024.
News categories: Xperi, Jon Kirchner, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Results, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
Nielsen releases inaugural State of Play report
Apr 6, 2022 – Nielsen (NYSE: NLSN) has released its inaugural State of Play report. Overall, Americans increased their average weekly time streaming video by 18%, with a Y-o-Y increase from 143.2 billions streamed minutes to 169.4 between Feb. 2021 and Feb. 2022.
News categories: Nielsen, Brian Fuhrer, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
Evertz to show streaming and playout SaaS solution at NAB 2022
Apr 6, 2022 – At NAB 2022, Evertz will highlight solutions that help live sports, live entertainment and linear channel customers monetize content across a wide range of OTT, DTC, CTV and traditional broadcast/streaming applications.
News categories: Evertz, Martin Whittaker, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Worldwide
TiVo Stream 4K integrates YouTube TV
Apr 5, 2022 – TiVo (Nasdaq: XPER) has announced that its streaming product – TiVo Stream 4K and TiVo Stream OS – has expanded its Live TV offering through an integration with YouTube TV. YouTube TV provides access to 85+ Channels of Live Sports, Entertainment, News and more.
News categories: TiVo, YouTube TV, Ben Maughan, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming, USA
Roku OS 11 to start roll out in the coming weeks
Mar 22, 2022 – Roku (NASDAQ: ROKU) has announced Roku OS 11. Roku OS 11 adds Roku Photo Streams, the easiest way to enjoy and share favorite photos, as well providing expanded content discovery menu options, auto speech clarity, new sound modes, a new mobile app and more.
News categories: Roku, Gidon Katz, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV, Streaming, USA, Worldwide
Major U.S. pay TV providers lost 4.7 million subscribers in 2021
Mar 8, 2022 – Leichtman Research Group (LRG) has found that the largest pay TV providers in the U.S. lost about 4,690,000 net video subscribers in 2021, compared to a pro forma net loss of about 4,870,000 in 2020.
News categories: Leichtman Research, Bruce Leichtman, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Satellite, Streaming, Subscribers, USA
vMVPD subscribers in the U.S. represent 11% of TV households
Feb 22, 2022 – Research from Omdia has found that, at the end of 2021, there were 13.6 million virtual pay-TV subscriptions in the U.S., representing approximately 11% of TV households. Traditional pay TV subscriptions saw a 7% decline.
News categories: Omdia, Sarah Henschel, Max Signorelli, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
U.S. to add 104 million SVOD subscribers by 2027
Feb 17, 2022 – According to Digital TV Research, gross SVOD subscriptions in the U.S. will climb from 354 million at end-2021 to 458 million in 2027, with about 86% of TV households subscribing to at least one SVOD platform by then.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Digital TV, Streaming, Subscribers, USA
Comscore launches single-source cross-platform measurement solution
Jan 5, 2022 – Comscore (Nasdaq: SCOR) is introducing Comscore Everywhere, a single-source unified cross-platform measurement solution. Comscore Everywhere provides a deduplicated view of media consumption across media and screens.
News categories: Comscore, David Algranati, Bill Livek, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
- CTV surpasses mobile's share of global video impressions
- Global SVOD subscriptions to grow by 485 million from 2021 to 2027
- European VOD Coalition officially inaugurated
- 7.9 million Disney+ subscribers added in 1Q 2022
- Gaumont launches SVOD on Netgem Content-as-a-Service platform
- AMC+ coming to Orange Spain's entertainment offering in June
- Liberty Global video subscribers down 21,900 in Q1 2022
- First TVs powered by TiVo Stream OS expected in late 2023/early 2024
- AMC adds 431,000 paid streaming subscribers in 1Q 2022
- NOS Portugal adds 2,100 pay TV subscribers in 1Q 2022
- Chicken Soup for the Soul Entertainment to acquire Redbox
- Tivù launches USB-based CAM supporting 4K TV with SmarDTV
- Mango TV added to NetRange Smart TV App Store
- Samba TV releases State of Viewership Report for Q1 2022
- Globecast, France Télévisions and Orange trial 4K channel and 5G contribution in La Réunion
- TSA selects Agama for TV channel service and quality assurance
- M7 Group integrates pay TV service into TP Vision smart TVs
- 61% of U.S. livestreaming viewers watch sports
- Global telecoms market saw growth in 2021 except in pay TV
- UK's DTG publishes 'State of the Nation' report