Digital TV News: b<>com
MPEG LA introduces patent pool license for VVC
Jan 27, 2022 – MPEG LA has announced the availability of the VVC Patent Portfolio License which includes patents that are essential to the Versatile Video Coding (VVC, also known as H.266 and MPEG-I Part 3) standard.
News categories: MPEG LA, Larry Horn, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Licensing, Patent, Worldwide
Viaccess-Orca Stream Guardian certified by Cartesian
Feb 26, 2020 – Viaccess-Orca (VO) has announced today that its Dynamic Watermarking solution, developed in collaboration with b<>com, has undergone a stringent assessment carried out by Cartesian, an independent consultancy company for the communications and digital media industries.
News categories: Viaccess-Orca, b<>com, Cartesian, Pierre-Alexandre Bidard, Gaëtan Le Guelvouit, Lee Kent, Content Protection, Watermarking, Worldwide
b<>com and Viaccess-Orca partner to detect video piracy
May 16, 2019 – In order to develop technologies that protect video content, Viaccess-Orca has partnered with b<>com. The first step in the collaboration is an innovation in watermarking that tracks pirates who redistribute illegal streaming services.
News categories: Viaccess-Orca, b<>com, Paul Molinier, Bertrand Guilbaud, ANGA COM, Content Protection, Digital TV, Streaming, Watermarking, Worldwide
Ultra HD Forum brings updated Guidelines to NAB Show 2019
Apr 4, 2019 – At NAB, the Ultra HD Forum (UHDF) will bring an update to its Guidelines. The unified document describes ‘foundation’ UHD technologies, as well as ‘enhancements’ that are backward compatible but still work on foundation equipment.
News categories: Ultra HD Forum, Madeleine Noland, Thierry Fautier, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Smart TV, Worldwide
ETSI launches new group on Augmented Reality
Dec 4, 2017 – ETSI has launched a new Industry Specification Group called Augmented Reality Framework (ISG ARF). The group aims to synchronize efforts and identify key use cases and scenarios for developing an Augmented Reality (AR) framework with relevant components and interfaces.
News categories: ETSI, Muriel Deschanel, Ralf Schäfer, Metaverse, Worldwide
Industry forum formed to boost VR adoption
Jan 5, 2017 – At CES, 28 companies announced the Virtual Reality Industry Forum (VRIF), a not-for-profit company with its purpose stated as: “To further the widespread availability of high-quality audiovisual VR experiences, for the benefit of consumers.”
News categories: Virtual Reality Industry Forum, David Price, Chris Johns, CES2024, Digital TV, Metaverse, Worldwide
- América Móvil increases shareholding in Telekom Austria
- Tele Columbus taps Simply.TV for advanced metadata
- AOMedia offers spatial audio specification under royalty-free license
- TheViewPoint integrates with FreeWheel
- Australia to introduce 'prominence framework' for local broadcast services
- Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
- Proximus optimises delivery of Pickx with Velocix Analytics
- Traditional US pay-TV services face continued decline
- Edgio adds player-independent video performance reports
- Flat panel display oversupply to continue into 2024
- Japan SVOD service revenue to reach $6 billion in 2027
- Ateme powers NT's sports video contribution in Asia and beyond
- Global TV shipments to fall below 197 million units in 2023
- WSTS revises semiconductor growth projections slightly upward
- Go Addressable becomes industry trade body
- NorDig releases IRD 3.2.1 and Test Plan 3.2.1 specs
- Improved tool helps ensure interoperability of DASH delivery
- Growth in global SVOD subscriptions to continue
- LG announces organizational restructuring
- HbbTV updates Operator Application specification