Digital TV News: b<>com
MPEG LA introduces patent pool license for VVC
Jan 27, 2022 – MPEG LA has announced the availability of the VVC Patent Portfolio License which includes patents that are essential to the Versatile Video Coding (VVC, also known as H.266 and MPEG-I Part 3) standard.
News categories: MPEG LA, Larry Horn, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Licensing, Patent, Worldwide
Viaccess-Orca Stream Guardian certified by Cartesian
Feb 26, 2020 – Viaccess-Orca (VO) has announced today that its Dynamic Watermarking solution, developed in collaboration with b<>com, has undergone a stringent assessment carried out by Cartesian, an independent consultancy company for the communications and digital media industries.
News categories: Viaccess-Orca, b<>com, Cartesian, Pierre-Alexandre Bidard, Gaëtan Le Guelvouit, Lee Kent, Content Protection, Watermarking, Worldwide
b<>com and Viaccess-Orca partner to detect video piracy
May 16, 2019 – In order to develop technologies that protect video content, Viaccess-Orca has partnered with b<>com. The first step in the collaboration is an innovation in watermarking that tracks pirates who redistribute illegal streaming services.
News categories: Viaccess-Orca, b<>com, Paul Molinier, Bertrand Guilbaud, ANGA COM, Content Protection, Digital TV, Streaming, Watermarking, Worldwide
Ultra HD Forum brings updated Guidelines to NAB Show 2019
Apr 4, 2019 – At NAB, the Ultra HD Forum (UHDF) will bring an update to its Guidelines. The unified document describes ‘foundation’ UHD technologies, as well as ‘enhancements’ that are backward compatible but still work on foundation equipment.
News categories: Ultra HD Forum, Madeleine Noland, Thierry Fautier, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Smart TV, Worldwide
ETSI launches new group on Augmented Reality
Dec 4, 2017 – ETSI has launched a new Industry Specification Group called Augmented Reality Framework (ISG ARF). The group aims to synchronize efforts and identify key use cases and scenarios for developing an Augmented Reality (AR) framework with relevant components and interfaces.
News categories: ETSI, Muriel Deschanel, Ralf Schäfer, Metaverse, Worldwide
Industry forum formed to boost VR adoption
Jan 5, 2017 – At CES, 28 companies announced the Virtual Reality Industry Forum (VRIF), a not-for-profit company with its purpose stated as: “To further the widespread availability of high-quality audiovisual VR experiences, for the benefit of consumers.”
News categories: Virtual Reality Industry Forum, David Price, Chris Johns, CES2023, Digital TV, Metaverse, Worldwide
- Tenstorrent to build AI and RISC-V chiplets with LG for Smart TVs
- DISH brings its linear TV to the digital ad marketplace
- health tv launches first FAST channel with Amagi
- Number of UK SVOD homes falls in 1Q 2023
- inext signs Moldova distribution contract with DIGIMAX
- EL PAIS begins live broadcasts on its FAST channel with The Channel Store
- SoftAtHome implements Alexa voice control software for etisalat by e&
- Arabsat Badr-8 satellite successfully launched
- Streaming TV growth in Latin America driven by ad-supported viewing
- STARZ domestic OTT subscribers up 700,000 in 1Q 2023
- New DIRECTV STREAM customers get priority access to Telly waiting list
- Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin
- BeIN Media and Google Cloud announce media and broadcast collaboration
- Activated STBs grow to 3,166,461 for South Africa's Openview
- Singtel TV subscribers down 6,000 in 1Q 2023
- Orby Elevate selects EUTELSAT for DTH TV distribution in the US
- U.S. SVOD revenues to grow at a 6.3% CAGR over 2022-2027
- Netgem releases trading update
- IPTV to partially offset revenue losses in cable and DTH in Korea
- Player.pl available on Xbox consoles, powered by Redge Media