Digital TV News: smartclip
RTL Group and Amobee to form TechAlliance addressable TV JV
Oct 21, 2021 – RTL Group and Amobee will establish a jointly owned sales and services company called TechAlliance, which will combine the ad-tech services of Amobee, Smartclip and Yospace in continental Europe.
News categories: RTL Group, Amobee, Yospace, Thomas Rabe, Nick Brien, Advertising, Digital TV, Europe
rlaxx TV to monetise linear ad breaks with smartclip
Sep 20, 2021 – smartclip and rlaxx TV have partnered to monetise the linear ad breaks within the rlaxx TV channel offering in Europe. The cooperation will kick off in the UK and Germany, with Spain joining in the next few months.
News categories: smartclip, rlaxx TV, Stephen Byrne, Ronny Lutzi, Advertising, Digital TV, Germany, Spain, Streaming, UK
Clubbing TV to monetise connected TV inventory with smartclip
Jul 13, 2021 – smartclip has added Clubbing TV to its connected TV portfolio. The smartclip adtech stack will power the Clubbing TV programme with advertising similar to linear TV ads, while offering advanced digital targeting.
News categories: smartclip, Clubbing TV, Stephen Byrne, Stéphane Schweizer, Advertising, Digital TV, Europe, Streaming
Ad Alliance Netherlands moving to Smartclip video monetisation technology
Feb 16, 2021 – Ad Alliance Netherlands is migrating to Smartclip’s video monetisation technology to support growth in video advertising. Both parties aim to further intensify their cooperation in the future.
News categories: Smartclip, Ad Alliance Netherlands, Thomas Servatius, Ton Rozestraten, Advertising, Digital TV, Netherlands
RTL AdConnect and smartclip team up on addressable advertising
Jan 22, 2021 – RTL AdConnect and smartclip have announced that RTL AdConnect will now use smartclip's ad serving and SSP stack for a larger portion of its European addressable TV and online video campaigns.
News categories: AdConnect, smartclip, Stéphane Coruble, Dr. Oliver Vesper, Advertising, Digital TV, Europe, Streaming
Deutsche Telekom and RTL to expand addressable TV cooperation
Nov 17, 2020 – Deutsche Telekom and RTL have announced that RTL's streaming service, TV Now Premium, will be integrated with Deutsche Telekom’s Magenta TV, and the pair have also agreed to increase cooperation on advertising with a special focus on addressable TV.
News categories: Mediengruppe RTL, Deutsche Telekom, Advertising, Digital TV, Germany, IPTV, Streaming
ATRESMEDIA and smartclip deepen HbbTV advertising partnership
May 28, 2020 – ATRESMEDIA and smartclip have expanded their strategic agreement to ATRESMEDIA’s Addressable TV portfolio. The biggest priority will be given to roll out full addressability of the traditional broadcast TV ad break.
News categories: smartclip, ATRESMEDIA, Thomas Servatius, Arturo Larrainzar, Advertising, Digital TV, HbbTV, Spain
SpotX fully acquired by RTL Group
Aug 30, 2017 – SpotX has announced that RTL Group will acquire all remaining shares in SpotX. The investment demonstrates RTL Group’s continued commitment to its ambitious ad tech strategy and recognition of SpotX’s impressive growth and execution of its strategic objectives.
News categories: SpotX, RTL Group, Mike Shehan, Steve Swoboda, Bert Habets, Guillaume de Posch, Advertising, MandA, USA, Worldwide
Mediengruppe RTL Deutschland implements first HbbTV 2.0 event in linear TV for Ferrero
Aug 25, 2017 – Mediengruppe RTL Deutschland has successfully implemented the first HbbTV 2.0 event in linear TV for its customer Ferrero. To achieve this, the media company brought the necessary technological and the marketing expertise together under one roof.
News categories: smartclip, Vizeum, Ferrero, IP Deutschland, RTL Deutschland, Thorsten Schütte-Gravelaar, Sandra Fostini, Eddy Perner, Paul Mudter, Advertising, Digital TV, Germany, HbbTV
- Wurl offers global FAST channel distribution for content companies
- Accedo and Nreal bring streaming to lightweight AR glasses
- HBO up 1.9 million; Vrio down 178,000 video subs in 3Q 2021
- RTL Group and Amobee to form TechAlliance addressable TV JV
- Claro Box TV streaming in Colombia powered by Harmonic
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 68,000 in 3Q 2021
- Vodafone España provides real-time accurate EPG with Alpha Networks and MediaData TV
- Vewd and Mediatek bring entertainment to vehicle rear-seats
- Conviva expands into advertising audience measurement
- C Spire to acquire Troy Cablevision
- Software Freedom Conservancy sues Vizio for GPL violations
- Altibox Android TV service goes live with 3SS and Technicolor
- Sunrise UPC launches yallo TV in Switzerland
- ATEME embeds Viaccess-Orca contribution watermarking
- Deloitte releases results of Digital Media Trends Fall Pulse survey
- RFE receives Android TV Operator Tier certification for IPTV STB
- Disney+ coming to Hisense and Toshiba TVs with VIDAA Smart OS
- Tremor International acquires Spearad
- TekSavvy TV footprint expands across Canada
- Airtel launches Video Platform as a Service product