Digital TV News: ATEME
VUALTO partners with ATEME for automated encoder integration
Feb 13, 2020 – VUALTO has partnered with ATEME for automated encoder integration within the VUALTO CONTROL HUB (VCH) video orchestration tool, which allows for multiple origins and encoders to be integrated.
News categories: ATEME, VUALTO, Paul Marsden, James Burt, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Worldwide
Tulix creates streaming platform for launch of Vidgo content
Jan 23, 2020 – Tulix and Vidgo have given details of their technology platform for live sports streaming and other premium channels. Vidgo is a direct-to-consumer TV provider focusing on content acquisition and product marketing. Tulix provides the underlying technology.
News categories: Tulix, Vidgo, George Bokuchava, Shane Cannon, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DRM, OTT, USA
BT to protect broadcasters using BISS-CA encryption from ATEME
Jan 9, 2020 – BT is stepping up its efforts to combat the illegal piracy of premium content through a partnership with ATEME. The company is using the ATEME’s encryption techniques to protect satellite uplinked content to help reduce the number of illegal streams.
News categories: ATEME, BT, Julien Mandel, Dominik Wrona, Conditional Access, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite, Worldwide
ATEME powers VOD OTT and IPTV for Medialog
Dec 18, 2019 – ATEME has announced that Medialog, a subsidiary of LG U+, has implemented ATEME’s TITAN File solution for its VOD OTT and IPTV services. ATEME’s TITAN File is a multi-codec/multi-format file-based transcoder producing content for multiscreen delivery.
News categories: ATEME, Medialog, Boyang An, Tae Dong Lee, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Korea, OTT
CJ Hello deploys ATEME transcoding solution
Dec 5, 2019 – CJ Hello has deployed ATEME's TITAN Live MPEG-2 HD transcoding solution for delivery of video services. TITAN Live is a hardware agnostic, real-time multi-channel/format solution designed for processing SD, HD and Ultra HD content for any screen.
News categories: ATEME, CJ Hello, Boyang An, Kim Hongik, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Korea
Four-fifths of broadcasters considering personalised ads
Nov 28, 2019 – Four-fifths (80%) of broadcasters are considering implementing ads tailored to the consumer but are increasingly falling behind streaming services due hesitance around adopting cloud technologies, according to research carried out on behalf of ATEME.
News categories: ATEME, Remi Beaudouin, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Market Research, Worldwide
FPT Play selects ATEME for OTT headend in Vietnam
Nov 19, 2019 – ATEME has announced that FPT Play has implemented ATEME’s TITAN solution to replace its OTT headend and to offer the latest OTT services to its viewers across Vietnam. FPT Play had already adopted ATEME’s live event encoder for OTT.
News categories: ATEME, FPT Play, Nguyen Duc Long, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Vietnam
ATEME and Broadpeak offer low-latency solution for DVB-I delivery
Oct 24, 2019 – Broadpeak and ATEME have announced an ultra-low-latency live video streaming solution that supporting the emerging DVB-I standard. The joint offering enables pay-TV operators to deliver live streams with just 1 second of end-to-end latency.
News categories: Broadpeak, ATEME, Jacques Le Mancq, Michel Artières, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2019, OTT, Worldwide
ARK Multicasting broadcasts both ATSC 1.0 and ATSC 3.0 from the same equipment stack
Oct 8, 2019 – ARK Multicasting has announced the first broadcast of both ATSC 1.0 and NEXTGEN TV ATSC 3.0 from the same equipment stack. An ATSC 1.0 signal was tested with a Hitachi-Comark transmitter and Ateme encoder. Using the same transmission equipment with the addition of an ATSC 3.0 stack by ENENSYS, the signal was converted to NEXTGEN TV.
News categories: ARK Multicasting, Hitachi-Comark, Airwavz.tv, ENENSYS, ATEME, Vern Fotheringham, Dick Fiore, Bonnie Beeman, Régis LE ROUX, ATSC, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Terrestrial, USA
- Omdia cuts 2020 TV shipment forecast by 10 percentage points
- Comscore research shows continuing surge in U.S. daytime TV viewing
- VideoAmp creates combined Smart TV and STB viewing dataset for the U.S.
- Roku OS 9.3 begins roll-out
- Italian local re-broadcaster RAS goes live with Synamedia virtualized DCM
- Altice Europe terminates discussions on acquisition of Partner Communications
- Asia Pacific set for 417 million SVOD subscribers
- Comscore sees notable rise in U.S. streaming usage
- Movies Anywhere app comes to LG Smart TVs
- Singtel puts HOOQ into liquidation
- COVID-19 pandemic to reduce global TV brand shipments by 5.8% in 2020
- Six million viewers for Italy's tivùsat
- Wicket Labs adds $1.9m of extra funding
- NENT Group to launch Viaplay in Iceland on April 1st
- TV antenna usage in US broadband households up 25% in 2019
- Coronavirus expected to add 5% to global VOD subscriptions in 2020
- COVID-19 response to bolster cloud gaming revenues
- iQIYI to launch service experience Testing Stations across Asia
- Switch Media's server-side ad insertion integrated with SpringServe's ad platform
- Verimatrix VCAS pre-integrated with Broadcom's Android TV platform