Digital TV News: Catalina
Apple TV+ now available
Nov 1, 2019 – Audiences in over 100 countries and regions can now watch Apple TV+ on the Apple TV app. Customers can enjoy Apple TV+ on iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, iPod touch, Mac, select Samsung smart TVs, Roku and Amazon Fire TV devices, as well as on the web.
News categories: Apple, Eddy Cue, Apps, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
Apple TV+ launches November 1 at $4.99 per month
Sep 10, 2019 – Apple has announced that Apple TV+ will launch November 1 in over 100 countries and regions. Apple TV+ will offer a lineup of original shows, movies and documentaries. The service will be available for $4.99 per month with a seven-day free trial.
News categories: Apple, Zack Van Amburg, Jamie Erlicht, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, Worldwide
Catalina and Samba TV partner to transform media and measurement landscape
Jun 4, 2019 – Catalina Marketing and Samba TV have partnered to integrate shopper behavioral data and video viewership insights. The pair will build analytics tools that improve media buying and selling across all marketing channels, including in-store, digital, mobile OTT and linear TV.
News categories: Samba TV, Catalina, Ashwin Navin, Howard Shimmel, Jerry Sokol, Dr. Wes Chaar, Advertising, Big Data, OTT, USA
Roku announces Measurement Partner Program for OTT advertising
Oct 9, 2018 – Roku (Nasdaq: ROKU) has announced a Measurement Partner Program to help brands and publishers quantify the impact of OTT advertising campaigns running on the Roku platform across a wide variety of marketing and sales outcomes.
News categories: Roku, Dentsu Aegis Network, Dan Robbins, Mike Law, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA, Worldwide
DISH enlists Nielsen to power advanced advertising across Sling TV
Sep 20, 2018 – Nielsen has announced that DISH Media Sales has selected Nielsen to provide digital measurement on Sling TV and data segments for addressable advertising across both DISH TV and Sling TV inventory. Marketers will now be able to use Digital Ad Ratings to evaluate delivery to target demographics on Sling TV using audience measurement metrics.
News categories: Nielsen, DISH Media Sales, Amanda Tarpey, Kemal Bokhari, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, OTT, USA
RhythmOne guarantees advanced TV audience delivery
Jul 31, 2018 – RhythmOne (LSE AIM: RTHM) has announced that it will offer its US clients guaranteed in-demo delivery of advanced TV campaigns. The offering provides clients with campaign-level audience measurement while accessing RhythmOne’s network of app publishers within its advanced TV marketplace.
News categories: RhythmOne, Todd Johnson, Felix Hansen, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
IPG Mediabrands and Nielsen enhance buyer-based marketplace
Feb 26, 2018 – Nielsen (NYSE: NLSN) has announced a data and technology agreement with IPG Mediabrands (NYSE: IPG) that will enhance their audience discovery, activation and measurement abilities. The integration will match millions of IPG Mediabrands' consumer ids with Nielsen's TV viewing and purchase behavior insights.
News categories: Nielsen, IPG Mediabrands, Damian Garbaccio, Arun Kumar, Advertising, Big Data, USA
Nielsen and clypd collaborate on linear TV ad targeting
Sep 21, 2017 – Nielsen (NYSE: NLSN) has announced that it will collaborate with clypd on a syndicated service that will offer the advertising ecosystem fully integrated, linear TV targeting based on demographics beyond age and gender.
News categories: Nielsen, clypd, Kelly Abcarian, Joshua Summers, Advertising, Big Data, USA
Innovid segments connected TV audiences with Nielsen Catalina Solutions
Jun 16, 2017 – Innovid has launched the first-ever technology solution for marketers to dynamically customize connected TV and over-the-top (OTT) ads based on purchase-based CPG audience segments from Nielsen Catalina Solutions (NCS).
News categories: Innovid, Nielsen Catalina Solutions, GroupM, Tal Chalozin, Carl Spaulding, Seth Walters, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, OTT, USA
- MediaKind first to deploy latest You.i TV video experience SDK
- TVSquared and Blockgraph partner on TV and cross-channel measurement
- PlayStation 5 launches this November
- BrightLine launches connected TV ad solution
- FIH and NAGRA launch Watch.Hockey app
- Gracenote enables cross-platform search and discovery for sports content
- VR headset market expected to grow despite short-term decline
- Pay TV in Portugal grows 4.1% YoY in 1H 2020
- Liberty Puerto Rico launches Hub TV powered by TiVo
- Verizon Media offers header bidding-like solution for OTT publishers
- Watch Brasil launches SVOD Smart TV app with Accedo
- ViacomCBS global streaming service to be called Paramount+
- TV3 to trial 5G immersive sport at Superbike World Championship
- Finns prefer to watch streaming services on the TV
- Proximus Pickx Android TV service goes live with 3SS
- Disney+ launches in eight more European countries
- Orange delivers 1.75bn multi-DRM licenses with Viaccess-Orca
- Dotscreen renews metadata deal with Red Bee Media
- Broadpeak powers NPVR service for Orange France
- ZEASN announces Smart TV App Store v3.0