Digital TV News: CenturyLink
CenturyLink acquires Streamroot
Sep 10, 2019 – CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) has acquired Streamroot to improve video and static content delivery within bandwidth constrained areas. The acquisition represents another step in CenturyLink's commitment to innovation as a leader in CDN and Edge Compute services.
News categories: CenturyLink, Streamroot, Bill Wohnoutka, Pierre-Louis Theron, Content Distribution, Digital TV, MnA, Worldwide
Globecast partners with AIP for server-side dynamic ad insertion
Sep 9, 2019 – Globecast has announced that it is continuing to expand its TV Everywhere OTT video platform via the integration of additional server-side dynamic ad insertion (SSDAI) capabilities, partnering with Ad Insertion Platform (AIP) in Europe.
News categories: Globecast, Ad Insertion Platform, Frédéric Torasso, Laurent Potesta, Advertising, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe
U.S. STB energy agreement savings top $5 billion
Aug 13, 2019 – Consumers saved approximately $1.6 billion in energy costs in 2018 alone as a result of the voluntary set-top box energy conservation agreement among pay-TV providers, manufacturers, energy efficiency advocates and the CTA and NCTA.
News categories: Consumer Technology Association, NCTA, Natural Resources Defense Council, Doug Johnson, Neal Goldberg, Noah Horowitz, Digital TV, Market Research, Set Top Box, USA
CenturyLink fiber network helps get video in and out of Google Cloud
Apr 4, 2019 – CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) has announced that its Vyvx suite of fiber-based broadcast services now provides secure, high-performance connectivity into Google Cloud Platform (GCP). Vyvx Cloud Connect provides a path for getting live and linear video in and out of the cloud.
News categories: CenturyLink, Google Cloud, Bill Wohnoutka, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Fibre, USA, Worldwide
CenturyLink offers global Mesh Delivery platform for bandwidth-heavy streamed content
Apr 4, 2019 – CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) has partnered with Streamroot to combine Streamroot's peer-to-peer networking with CenturyLink's CDN. Called CenturyLink© CDN Mesh Delivery, the platform leverages a software-based mesh network to easily manage peak traffic loads.
News categories: CenturyLink, Streamroot, Bill Wohnoutka, Pierre-Louis Théron, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Worldwide
Smart Home and Home Network management to drive residential vCPE deployments
Nov 6, 2018 – According to ABI Research, providing advanced CPE, managing home networks efficiently, and fast service deployments are becoming essential for pay-TV and broadband operators to stand out in an increasingly competitive market.
News categories: ABI Research, Khin Sandi Lynn, CPE, Market Research, Smart Home, Worldwide
CenturyLink selected as CDN provider for Eutelsat CIRRUS
Sep 13, 2018 – CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) has announced that it will serve as the technological content delivery network (CDN) provider for the satellite operator Eutelsat’s recently launched Eutelsat CIRRUS solution, which delivers hybrid satellite/OTT content.
News categories: CenturyLink, Eutelsat, François Collobert, Bruno Cattan, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2019, OTT, Satellite, Worldwide
U.S. STB energy efficiency agreement saves $3.5 billion
Aug 9, 2018 – Consumers have saved $3.5 billion, and more than 20 million metric tons of CO2 emissions have been avoided as a result of the voluntary set-top box energy conservation agreement among pay-TV providers, manufacturers and energy efficiency advocates, according to D+R International.
News categories: CTA, ACEEE, NRDC, NCTA, D+R International, Doug Johnson, Jennifer Amann, Noah Horowitz, Neal Goldberg, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Set Top Box, USA
U.S. set-top box energy efficiency voluntary agreement extended
Mar 15, 2018 – The CTA and NCTA have announced a four-year extension of the Voluntary Agreement for Ongoing Improvement to the Energy Efficiency of Set-Top Boxes, initially signed in 2012. The extended agreement is expected to save consumers energy and avoid CO2 emissions.
News categories: NCTA, Consumer Technology Association, Neal Goldberg, Doug Johnson, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Satellite, Set Top Box, USA
- Rakuten Viki selects BuyDRM's KeyOS MultiKey Service
- Wurl powers the delivery of Hollywire to Samsung TV Plus
- U.S. traditional video subscribers down nearly 1.9 million in 3Q 2019
- INNOPIA, Amlogic and Verimatrix offer Netflix-integrated Hailstorm Hybrid platform
- EU cable revenue hits all-time high of €24 billion in 2018
- Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost 1.74 million subscribers in 3Q 2019
- Disney+ passes 10 million sign-ups since launching
- Fincons to present Smart Digital Platform compatible with both HbbTV and ATSC 3.0
- Telefónica announces Movistar Living Apps for its STBs
- Sunrise terminates plan to buy UPC Switzerland
- Astro Malaysia releases Astro Ultra Box
- DVB approves DVB-I specification
- Partner Communications selects Broadpeak for server-side ad insertion
- Irdeto and Amlogic launch Netflix-integrated Hailstorm Hybrid STB platform
- INNOPIA becomes Netflix Hailstorm Hybrid partner with Synaptics and NAGRA
- Synaptics VideoSmart SoC approved for Widevine CAS on Android TV
- EU clears Telia's acquisition of Bonnier Broadcasting with conditions
- Bitmovin receives €20 million of funding from EIB
- Discovery partners with Inscape for TV audience measurement
- SVoD subscriptions in N. America to grow at 9% CAGR from 2019 to 2023