Digital TV News: FCC
Skyboxe receives FCC certification for 4G TV gateway
Sep 1, 2020 – Skyboxe has announced that its Skyboxe Hub 4G has received an equipment authorization from the FCC. The Skyboxe Hub 4G combines hardware and data connectivity with entertainment and productivity software.
News categories: Skyboxe, Jeff Allen, 5G, Digital TV, Gateway, Set Top Box, USA
Phoenix Model Market adds second TV transmitter
Jul 8, 2020 – KASW-TV (CW) has launched an ATSC 3.0 TV transmitter in the Phoenix Model Market. Phoenix now has two ATSC 3.0 transmission towers whose licenses are approved by the FCC and the facilities are on-air.
News categories: Pearl TV, Scripps, FOX, Phoenix Model Market, Anne Schelle, Brian Lawlor, Richard Friedel, ATSC 3.0, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
FCC designates Huawei and ZTE as national security threats
Jun 30, 2020 – The FCC has formally designated Huawei and ZTE as covered companies for the purposes of the agency’s ban on the use of universal service support to purchase equipment or services from companies posing a national security threat.
News categories: Federal Communications Commission, Ajit Pai, Regulation, USA
FCC to vote on plan to clear the way for ATSC 3.0 internet services
May 18, 2020 – FCC Commissioner Brendan Carr has announced that the FCC will vote on his plan to promote the build out of Broadcast Internet services, enabled by ATSC 3.0 and delivered over an efficient one-to-many architecture.
News categories: FCC, Dennis Wharton, Jamie Susskind, ATSC 3.0, Broadband, Digital TV, Regulation, USA
FCC proposed rule change to support ATSC 3.0 distributed transmission
Mar 31, 2020 – The FCC has released a Notice of Proposed Rulemaking seeking comment on proposed rule changes to permit greater flexibility for broadcasters to use distributed transmission systems (DTS) as they deploy ATSC 3.0.
News categories: Federal Communications Commission, ATSC 3.0, Digital TV, Regulation, Terrestrial, USA
Sinclair Broadcast joins Pearl TV broadcast business organization
Feb 6, 2020 – Pearl TV has welcomed Sinclair Broadcast Group (Nasdaq: SBGI) as the organization’s ninth member, a move that boosts the reach of Pearl-member stations to nearly half of all broadcast television stations in the United States.
News categories: Pearl TV, Sinclair Broadcast, Anne Schelle, Chris Ripley, ATSC 3.0, Digital TV, USA
NextGen TV offers clear upside potential according to BIA
Jan 16, 2020 – BIA’s forecast for NextGen TV reveals that local TV Groups stand to increase their revenue growth by 50% within the next ten years from NextGen TV rollouts. The potential growth rate with advanced TV has an 8.0% CAGR revenue growth opportunity compared to a 3.8% CAGR baseline.
News categories: BIA, Rick Ducey, Mark Fratrik, ATSC 3.0, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
TV industry launching 20 ATSC 3.0-enabled TV models at CES
Jan 7, 2020 – The first U.S. consumer television receivers equipped with NEXTGEN TV capabilities are coming to retail stores later this year, with the announcements at CES 2020 of the biggest names in the industry launching 20 ATSC 3.0-enabled TV models.
News categories: ATSC, Madeleine Noland, ATSC 3.0, CES2021, Digital TV, Middleware, Smart TV, USA
ITU approves ATSC 3.0 as a recommended DTT standard
Jan 2, 2020 – Sinclair Broadcast (Nasdaq: SBGI) and ONE Media 3.0 have applauded the International Telecommunication Union's approval of ATSC 3.0 for use by any country in the world. The U.S. Delegation proposed ATSC 3.0 to the ITU in April 2019.
News categories: Sinclair Broadcast, ONE Media 3.0, International Telecommunication Union, Christopher Ripley, ATSC 3.0, Digital TV, Terrestrial, Worldwide
- Kaltura to migrate Cellcom TV to the Cloud
- Smart Home device market remains resilient despite pandemic
- Roku OS 9.4 to begin roll out to Roku devices
- Armstrong secures VOD launch with Verimatrix
- Global SVOD revenue to grow to $100 billion
- Amazon announces new Fire TV devices and redesigned UX
- ENENSYS announces ATSC 3.0 head end for hybrid delivery
- 605 signs measurement and analytics deal with Walmart
- AdLedger pilots OTT video ad deployment using blockchain
- VR market to grow despite pandemic blow to location-based segment
- Graham Media renews with Comscore for TV measurement
- 317 million SVOD subscriptions for the U.S. in 2025
- Clearcable adds Minerva Networks IPTV platform to offering
- BARB issues invitation to tender for five contracts
- Amino helps Colsecor add SENSA OTT to legacy set-top boxes
- 3SS provides technology for STINGTV app from Yes
- Discovery acquires assets of adtech start-up AdSparx
- SimulTV picks Limelight Edge services for global video delivery
- U.S. pay TV suffers historic cord-cutting
- SpotX unveils programmatic solutions for linear Addressable TV