Digital TV News: MLB
Lotame launches Lotame TV connected TV product suite
Aug 5, 2019 – Lotame has launched its connected TV product suite: Lotame TV. Lotame TV enables advertisers to connect, build, target, activate, and analyze TV viewership audiences for cross-screen digital campaigns through DSP partners such as AppNexus, Verizon Media, Google DBM, The Trade Desk, Adobe, and Amobee.
News categories: Lotame, Tricia Masturzo, Greg Hampton, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, OTT, USA, Worldwide
Parks Associates lists 2018 top 10 U.S. SVOD services
Nov 7, 2018 – Parks Associates has released its updated list of the top 10 subscription over-the-top (OTT) video services in the U.S. market, based on estimated number of subscribers. Netflix, Amazon, and Hulu continue to hold the top-three slots.
News categories: Parks Associates, Brett Sappington, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, USA
FuboTV provides business update
Oct 15, 2018 – fuboTV has revealed key performance metrics heading into the fourth quarter. This includes exceeding an annual run rate (ARR) of $100 million in September 2018, as well as surpassing company records for ARPU, paid subscribers and time spent per subscriber.
News categories: fuboTV, David Gandler, Digital TV, OTT, Results, USA
47% of U.S. broadband households watch UGC more than once a month
Oct 11, 2018 – A report from Parks Associates finds that as U.S. broadband households spend less time per week watching video on a television, they are watching more user-generated content online, which increasingly includes live broadcast video.
News categories: Parks Associates, Billy Nayden, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, USA
ESPN+ hits one million paid subscribers in just over five months
Sep 20, 2018 – The Walt Disney Company’s Direct-to-Consumer and International (DTCI) segment has announced that ESPN+, the multi-sport, direct-to-consumer subscription streaming service from DTCI in collaboration with ESPN, has surpassed one million paying subscribers in just over five months since its April 2018 launch.
News categories: ESPN, Walt Disney, Jimmy Pitaro, Kevin Mayer, Digital TV, OTT, Subscribers, USA
SVOD feeds Australian's insatiable appetite for streaming content
Jul 30, 2018 – The Australian Subscription Video on Demand (SVOD) services market continues to grow strongly reaching 9.1 million subscriptions at the end of June 2018, a year-on-year increase of 54 per cent, according to Telsyte.
News categories: Telsyte, Foad Fadaghi, Alvin Lee, Australia, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Subscribers
Sports are primary reason to have pay TV for 27% of U.S. subscribers
May 3, 2018 – New research from Parks Associates shows that 27% of U.S. pay-TV households agree that sports programming is the primary reason they subscribe to their pay-TV service.
News categories: Parks Associates, Brett Sappington, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
Twitter announces over 30 premium video content deals
Apr 30, 2018 – Twitter has returned to the Digital Content NewFronts with an expanded slate of live and original video programming. Over 30 new collaborations and renewals were announced across entertainment, news, sports, gaming and beyond.
News categories: Twitter, Matthew Derella, Kay Madati, Digital TV, OTT, Social TV, USA
ESPN+ streaming now available on Roku devices
Apr 16, 2018 – Roku (Nasdaq: ROKU) has announced the availability of ESPN+ on the Roku platform, allowing Roku player and Roku TV users to access additional live events, on-demand content and original programming not available on ESPN's linear TV or digital networks.
News categories: www.roku.com/, ESPN, Scott Rosenberg, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA
- TELUS Home Assistant giving Optik TV customers hands-free voice control
- Amobee launches data marketplace for connected TV and multiscreen advertising
- Sky Media reveals power of addressable TV
- Charter agrees deal to distribute Disney streaming services
- Consolidated launches TV over Fiber-to-the-Premises in Columbia County, New York
- Global smart speaker sales grow 96% to 30.3 million in Q2 2019
- Comscore to provide measurement for Xandr's addressable offering
- CBS and Viacom to combine
- U.S. STB energy agreement savings top $5 billion
- GO Malta deploys Edgeware solutions for multiscreen TV
- Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost ~1.53 million subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Most smart speakers and video streamers are energy efficient
- Consolidated Communications launches CCiTV in Southern Maine
- HONOR Vision first smart screen device with Huawei's HarmonyOS
- Smart speakers with screens took off in 2018
- LG Uplus adds 92,000 IPTV subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Huawei launches HarmonyOS distributed operating system
- ZTE and China Mobile broadcast China's first 5G sporting event
- Singtel TV subscribers up 1,100 in 2Q 2019
- Deutsche Telekom MagentaTV subscribers up 58,000 in 2Q 2019