Digital TV News: Tesco
Roku announces new streaming player line-up for UK
Sep 19, 2019 – Roku (NASDAQ: ROKU) has unveiled its 2019 streaming player lineup for the United Kingdom. Roku is launching a redesigned Roku Express and new to the UK line-up is the Roku Premiere which delivers 4K streaming with HDR.
News categories: Roku, Lloyd Klarke, OTT, Set Top Box, UK
HUMAX unveils FVP-5000T Freeview Play Recorder
Sep 27, 2017 – HUMAX has introduced its easiest-to-use Freeview Play Recorder yet with the launch of the FVP-5000T. Simple to install and set up, this new HD TV recorder includes integrated Wi-Fi connectivity, delivering an extensive range of catch up and on demand content services.
News categories: HUMAX, Graham North, Digital TV, DVR, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, UK
Amazon Fire TV Stick with Alexa Voice Remote begins UK shipments
Apr 6, 2017 – Amazon has announced that the first Fire TV Stick with Alexa Voice Remote is now shipping to customers in the UK. The Fire TV Stick has been redesigned and comes with a new UI as well as Alexa integrated.
News categories: Amazon, Jorrit Van der Meulen, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, UK
Amazon Fire TV Stick with Alexa Voice Remote arrives in the UK
Feb 21, 2017 – Amazon has announced that its new Fire TV Stick, the most powerful streaming media stick available, is coming to the UK. It is the first UK version to ship with Alexa Voice Remote included.
News categories: Amazon, Jorrit Van der Meulen, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, UK
Humax and Freesat launch compact and connected Freetime box
Jul 15, 2015 – Humax and Freesat have launched the most compact and affordable Freetime set-top box recorder to date, bringing the benefits of the subscription free satellite TV service to a wider group of cost-conscious consumers in the UK.
News categories: Freesat, Humax, Paul Gilshan, Graham North, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box, UK
Orange Slovakia launches VOD with Banaxi
May 15, 2015 – Banaxi has announced a cooperation with Orange Slovakia. Customers of Orange taking advantage of TV Extra, SAT TV Extra and Fiber TV services now have access to a video-on-demand service from Banaxi called Filmoteka+.
News categories: Banaxi, Orange, Digital TV, IPTV, OTT, Slovakia
TalkTalk Group acquires Blinkbox from Tesco
Jan 8, 2015 – TalkTalk has acquired the blinkbox Movies business and the Tesco broadband and fixed line voice base from Tesco Plc. The assets have been acquired free of debt and as a single transaction for cash.
News categories: TalkTalk, Tesco, Dido Harding, Digital TV, MnA, OTT, UK
UK's blinkbox goes UltraViolet
Oct 14, 2014 – blinkbox has introduced digital movie and TV locker service UltraViolet to allow customers to build a digital collection from select physical discs they have bought in-store and access them via the service.
News categories: blinkbox, UltraViolet, Tesco, Adrian Letts, Mark Teitell, Ian Ditcham, Content Protection, Digital TV, OTT, UK
Amazon Fire TV now available in the UK
Sep 3, 2014 – Amazon has announced that Amazon Fire TV is now available in the UK. Fire TV is a box that plugs into aTV for access to Netflix, Prime Instant Video, Demand 5, Spotify, Sky News, Curzon Home Cinema, YouTube, video rentals and more.
News categories: Amazon, Jeff Bezos, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, UK
- Pay TV revenues to plunge to $150 billion
- Sisvel announces first VP9 and AV1 patent licensees
- Comcast to bring HBO Max to Xfinity customers
- HBO Max launched in the U.S.
- Nordic households spending €149pm on media and access services
- SES unveils results of Philippines TV market reception survey
- Over half of U.S. adults watching more TV since the pandemic
- NEXTGEN TV begins broadcasting in Las Vegas
- Shifts in viewing behavior continue during COVID-19 pandemic
- SoftAtHome builds RDK-based video product for service providers
- Nordija integrates Yospace ad insertion technology
- iQIYI partners MediaTek for AV1-powered Ultra HD streaming
- Bitė to acquire Telecentras' IPTV business in Lithuania
- World's fastest internet speed from a single optical chip
- Disney+ attracts 2 million Australian viewers in 4 months
- Global TV shipments to fall 5.8% in 2020
- SpotX expands Measurement and Attribution Suite
- Nordic video markets riding high
- WarnerMedia announces further launch partners for HBO Max
- Tru Optik offers cross-device OTT measurement for free