Digital TV News: TrendForce
Global TV shipments to fall 5.8% in 2020
May 21, 2020 – According to TrendForce, global TV shipments are expected to undergo a 5.8% decrease YoY and reach 205.21 million units in 2020. In the shrinking TV market, brands are vying for business growth by demonstrating their technical superiority.
News categories: TrendForce, Iris Hu, COVID-19, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
TV panel shipments projected to drop 7.1% YoY in Q2
Apr 16, 2020 – According to TrendForce, TV panel shipments were up 16.4% month-on-month in March. In Q2 2020, factors influencing the TV panel industry will shift towards the demand side of the TV market.
News categories: TrendForce, Asia, COVID-19, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
Pandemic-induced decline in display driver IC demand temporarily alleviates tight supply
Apr 13, 2020 – According to TrendForce, disappointing 1Q20 shipments by panel manufacturers, combined with continued acceleration of the COVID-19 pandemic in Europe and the U.S., resulted in a reduction of proposed TV panel purchases in 2Q20 by several major TV brands.
News categories: TrendForce, Asia, COVID-19, Digital TV, Market Research, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Worldwide
COVID-19 pandemic to reduce global TV brand shipments by 5.8% in 2020
Mar 27, 2020 – In Q1 2020, the TV industry was under pressure both on the production and demand sides. TrendForce has reduced its expectation of global shipments for Q1 2020 to 44.6 million units, down by 8.6% from the pre-COVID-19 prediction.
News categories: TrendForce, COVID-19, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
TV panel shipments decreased 3.5% M-o-M in February
Mar 24, 2020 – According to TrendForce, monthly TV panel shipments decreased by 3.5% MoM in February, reaching 20.073 million units. The COVID-19 pandemic’s effect on labor, logistics, and material supply remains a gradual process.
News categories: TrendForce, China, COVID-19, Digital TV, Korea, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
LED ultra-fine pitch display market to reach 58% CAGR in 2019-2023
Dec 27, 2019 – According to TrendForce, the demand for displays with high resolution and HDR capabilities has skyrocketed. The LED fine pitch display market is expected to have a CAGR of 27% over the 2019-2023 period, with ultra-fine pitch displays growing even faster at a CAGR of 58%.
News categories: TrendForce, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
3Q 2019 TV shipments grow 16.8% QoQ owing to peak season
Nov 27, 2019 – Analysis from TrendForce shows that global TV shipments in 3Q19 reached 54.97 million units, a 16.8% growth QoQ and 1.9% decline YoY. Double 11 in China and year-end festivities in Europe and the Americas have required companies to stock up.
News categories: TrendForce, Iris Hu, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
2019 flat-panel display driver IC shipments exhibit negative growth
Oct 29, 2019 – According to WitsView, reduced panel shipments are causing the demand for flat-panel display driver ICs to undergo a corresponding decline. 2019 YoY growth is projected to be -3.2% - the first instance of negative growth in recent years.
News categories: TrendForce, Julian Lee, Digital TV, Market Research, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Worldwide
TV Panel makers cut capacity to reduce losses
Oct 7, 2019 – According to WitsView, Korean, Taiwanese and Chinese panel makers have all started to lower their utilization rates for TV panel products from September on, in order to improve severely unbalanced supply and demand, and stabilize prices.
News categories: WitsView, Anita Wang, China, Digital TV, Japan, Korea, Market Research, Smart TV, Taiwan
- Evolution Digital launches Android TV device management platform
- Zixi powers 4K UHD Bloomberg TV+ service
- Telekom Malaysia selects Skyworth as 4K Android TV Operator Tier partner
- FourthWall Media adds Neilsen Smart TV ACR data to analytics platform
- TDS Telecom rolls-out IP video and Cloud DVR with Velocix
- A1now selects Vionlabs for AI-powered recommendations
- Global AVOD expenditure to double
- Gem Shopping Network to use Comscore TV measurement
- United Group makes strategic investment in Forthnet
- Disney+ and Apple TV+ both see success during first six months in the market
- Comcast, Charter and ViacomCBS announce Blockgraph partnership
- Britbox app now available on BT TV set-top boxes
- Conviva partners with Akamai on QoE intelligence
- ATRESMEDIA and smartclip deepen HbbTV advertising partnership
- Bouygues Telecom replaces set-top box with Smart TV app
- Comscore, Kantar extend measurement partnership with Auditel Italy
- Pay TV revenues to plunge to $150 billion
- Cable-Tec Expo unable to go ahead
- Sisvel announces first VP9 and AV1 patent licensees
- Comcast to bring HBO Max to Xfinity customers