Digital TV News: ABS-CBN
Alticast middleware powers STB for SKY in the Philippines
Oct 23, 2018 – Alticast has announced that the Philippines’ largest cable and broadband technology partner, SKY, a subsidiary of ABS-CBN, has selected Alticast products and solutions to deploy their high-end, linux-based SKY On Demand set-top box.
News categories: Alticast, SKY, Dosa Park, Jose Joevel E Rivera, Cable TV, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Philippines, Set Top Box
Two million TVplus units shipped by ABS-CBN
Dec 5, 2016 – ABS-CBN has surpassed its year-end target of selling two million units for its digital television product ABS-CBN TVplus as of November. The development comes only three months after the company hit 1.6 million units.
News categories: ABS-CBN, Carlo Katigbak, Chinky Alcedo, Digital TV, ISDB-T, Market Research, Philippines, Set Top Box
Philippines' Sky Cable adds PPV to online offering
Jul 22, 2016 – Sky Cable is now offering access to pay-per-view offerings online via SKY On Demand, as it also launches premium services on SKYcable and SKYbroadband to give digital-savvy Filipino families a unique experience in the digital evolution.
News categories: Sky Cable, Jerome Almirante, Alan Supnet, Cable TV, Digital TV, Philippines, TV Everywhere
Accenture powers SKY On Demand in the Philippines
Feb 4, 2016 – SKY subscribers in the Philippines can now watch and stream TV shows and movies from cable TV or online anytime, anywhere and on any screen, using Sky on Demand - SKY Cable's newest service – powered by the Accenture Video Solution.
News categories: Accenture, SKY Cable, Lito Tayag, Jerome Almirante, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Philippines, TV Everywhere
Philippines' Starmobile launches smartphone with DTV
Jun 1, 2015 – Starmobile has introduced the new Starmobile UP Max, a 5-inch quad core Lollipop phone with a 5000mAh battery and a built-in DTV tuner. The phone has a battery life of up to 24 hours talk time, 10 hours DTV time, and 41.25 days of standby.
News categories: Starmobile, Digital TV, Philippines, Smartphone, Terrestrial
ABS-CBN plans satellite TV in the Philippines
May 26, 2015 – According to InterAksyon.com, ABS-CBN is planning to offer a satellite television service for the Philippines through its subsidiary SkyCable.
News categories: ABS-CBN, SkyCable, Digital TV, Philippines, Satellite
Philippines to begin ISDB DTT next year
Feb 28, 2011 – The Philippines' National Telecommunications Commission (NTC) is targeting 2012 for the introduction of digital television, with the transition being implemented in phases, city by city.
News categories: National Telecommunications Commission, Digital TV, ISDB-T, Philippines, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
Verimatrix Secures ABS-CBN Pay-TV with Cardless Solution
Mar 15, 2010 – ABS-CBN International has deployed the Verimatrix Video Content Authority System (VCAS™) on its DVB-S and IPTV networks. This marks the pay-TV industry's first major upgrade to cardless security for separate networks on a single security head-end.
News categories: Verimatrix, ABS-CBN, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Digital TV, IPTV, Philippines, Satellite
Philippines - ABS-CBN prepares to launch digital TV
Jan 25, 2008 – ABS-CBN Broadcasting Corp. is preparing to launch its digital terrestrial TV (DTT) service in the next few months as it steps up efforts to address reception problems in Metro Manila, the suburbs and parts of Central Luzon.
News categories: ABS-CBN, Digital TV, Philippines, Terrestrial
- Three-quarters of pay TV operators to gain subs
- Block Communications renews with Nielsen for Local TV data
- Kaltura powers Dish TV India's Watcho OTT platform
- Switch Media adds Bitmovin video player to its MediaHQ product suite
- AdScribe supports Publitalia '80 HbbTV advertising in Italy
- SaT5G project demonstrates 5G over satellite use cases
- Sersat enables content delivery across Latin America via SES-14
- Comcast partners with Charter, Cox on addressable advertising
- Conversant uses Verimatrix Secure Cloud for multi-DRM security
- NCC Media and OpenAP announce advanced TV partnership
- ZTE and Orange show 5G in automotive, robotics and entertainment applications
- WarnerMedia chooses AsiaSat for HD distribution in Asia
- INNOPIA announces Vewd OS-based streaming device
- Sky Deutschland and MX1 expand collaboration
- SK Telecom, Ericsson, Nokia and Samsung partner on 5G and evolution to 6G
- Astro Malaysia adopts Broadpeak's multicast ABR technology
- Global advertising market to grow by +5% this year
- UniqCast to deliver turnkey hybrid TV solution to Mawarid Electronics
- IMDb TV triples content selection and plans European expansion
- Comcast launches eye-control for the television