Digital TV News: CNT
DTT broadcasting begins in Colombia
Jan 29, 2010 – After a period of more than two years of analysis and studies Colombia adopted the European DVB-T standard for digital terrestrial television. On Friday, January 29th, 2010 the first commercial broadcasts began in Bogotá.
News categories: CNTV, Colombia, Digital TV, Terrestrial
Colombia issues tender for DTH coverage of remote areas
Jan 6, 2010 – Colombia's CNTV is requesting quotations from parties interested in participating in its 'TV Satelital Directa al Hogar' project. The project is intended to provide coverage to the 8 per cent of the country that still has no television signal.
News categories: CNTV, Colombia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite
Colombia releases DTT STB/IDTV minimum technical requirements
Sep 23, 2009 – Colombia's National Telecommunications Commission (CNTV) has issued minimum technical specifications that must be adhered to for digital televisions and set-top box decoders for the country's digital terrestrial TV (DTT) market.
News categories: CNTV, Colombia, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
Colombia to auction pay-TV licences
Dec 19, 2008 – Colombia's National Telecommunications Commission (Comisión Nacional de Telecomunicaciones - CNTV) is starting its public auction process for five Pay-TV licenses.
News categories: Comisión Nacional de Telecomunicaciones, Colombia, IPTV, Regulation
Colombia chooses DVB-T as DTT standard
Aug 28, 2008 – Colombia's National Television Commission (CNTV) has announced its decision to choose the DVB-T digital terrestrial television standard for Colombia, after a process of study over two and a half years.
News categories: CNTV, DVB Project, ATSC, Colombia, Digital TV, DTMB, ISDB-T, Terrestrial
China Teleformation launches mobile TV services
Jun 6, 2008 – China Teleformation Culture Media Co. Ltd. (CNTI) launched mobile TV services through China Mobile's platform at the beginning of this month, an official from CNTI has said.
News categories: China, Digital TV, Mobile
Colombia to evaluate China digital TV standard
Apr 30, 2008 – The Colombian government has announced that the National Television Commission (CNTV) wants to analyze the evolution of the Chinese DMB-T/H standard thus delaying the standardisation decision to July.
News categories: CNTV, Colombia, Digital TV, DTMB, Regulation, Terrestrial
Intelsat Distributes DTH Service to Colombia
Apr 10, 2008 – Intelsat has announced that Bogota-based Elite Entertainment Television S.A. has contracted a multi-year, multi-transponder deal with Intelsat to distribute DTH content to its customers in Colombia.
News categories: Intelsat, Colombia, Digital TV, Satellite
- Netflix releases fourth-quarter 2019 results
- U.S. weekly time watching Netflix and Hulu up 20 minutes in 2019
- Allegro DVT unveils VVC compliance test bitstreams
- Synamedia partners with USSI Global for the U.S. market
- Disney+ brings forward EMEA launch date
- BARB begins reporting reach and time spent viewing across screens
- Synamedia partners with World Wide Technology
- Roku TV launches in Brazil in partnership with AOC
- Realtek, Jiuzhou join NAGRA Android TV Reference Program for Pay TV operators
- ENENSYS DVB-SIS solution ready for deployment
- Syncbak to debut simplified OTT syndication and monetization tools at NATPE 2020
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues
- Indian communication satellite GSAT-30 launched successfully
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service
- Comscore TV viewing data used to predict advertising audience decline
- Majority of U.S. advertisers using Advanced TV solutions
- US broadband households interested in innovative offerings accessed via TV
- U.S. advertising and marketing spend to grow to $390 billion in 2020
- Bannister Lake integrates MPEG-DASH into data aggregation workflow
- NextGen TV offers clear upside potential according to BIA