Digital TV News: CNT
DTT broadcasting begins in Colombia
Jan 29, 2010 – After a period of more than two years of analysis and studies Colombia adopted the European DVB-T standard for digital terrestrial television. On Friday, January 29th, 2010 the first commercial broadcasts began in Bogotá.
News categories: CNTV, Colombia, Digital TV, Terrestrial
Colombia issues tender for DTH coverage of remote areas
Jan 6, 2010 – Colombia's CNTV is requesting quotations from parties interested in participating in its 'TV Satelital Directa al Hogar' project. The project is intended to provide coverage to the 8 per cent of the country that still has no television signal.
News categories: CNTV, Colombia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite
Colombia releases DTT STB/IDTV minimum technical requirements
Sep 23, 2009 – Colombia's National Telecommunications Commission (CNTV) has issued minimum technical specifications that must be adhered to for digital televisions and set-top box decoders for the country's digital terrestrial TV (DTT) market.
News categories: CNTV, Colombia, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
Colombia to auction pay-TV licences
Dec 19, 2008 – Colombia's National Telecommunications Commission (Comisión Nacional de Telecomunicaciones - CNTV) is starting its public auction process for five Pay-TV licenses.
News categories: Comisión Nacional de Telecomunicaciones, Colombia, IPTV, Regulation
Colombia chooses DVB-T as DTT standard
Aug 28, 2008 – Colombia's National Television Commission (CNTV) has announced its decision to choose the DVB-T digital terrestrial television standard for Colombia, after a process of study over two and a half years.
News categories: CNTV, DVB Project, ATSC, Colombia, Digital TV, DTMB, ISDB-T, Terrestrial
China Teleformation launches mobile TV services
Jun 6, 2008 – China Teleformation Culture Media Co. Ltd. (CNTI) launched mobile TV services through China Mobile's platform at the beginning of this month, an official from CNTI has said.
News categories: China, Digital TV, Mobile
Colombia to evaluate China digital TV standard
Apr 30, 2008 – The Colombian government has announced that the National Television Commission (CNTV) wants to analyze the evolution of the Chinese DMB-T/H standard thus delaying the standardisation decision to July.
News categories: CNTV, Colombia, Digital TV, DTMB, Regulation, Terrestrial
Intelsat Distributes DTH Service to Colombia
Apr 10, 2008 – Intelsat has announced that Bogota-based Elite Entertainment Television S.A. has contracted a multi-year, multi-transponder deal with Intelsat to distribute DTH content to its customers in Colombia.
News categories: Intelsat, Colombia, Digital TV, Satellite
- COVID-19 will accelerate pay-TV revenue decline in Australia
- Unruly expands brand protection with DoubleVerify
- Zixi integrated into Harmonic's cloud based live streaming platform
- Flynet delivers OTT content with Viaccess-Orca DRM in El Salvador
- SonyLIV added to NetRange Smart TV App Store for India
- Phoenix Model Market adds second TV transmitter
- Interra Systems and BuyDRM integrate monitoring with DRM
- Sky Q adds smart new features
- Netgem acquires French fibre operator Comcable
- Hybrid tool targets viewers who did or did not watch linear TV spot ads
- SETAR deploys Nordija interactive TV platform in Aruba
- BoFiNet enlists Globecast for OTT service creation in Botswana
- fuboTV secures $20m of financing
- Fraunhofer HHI presents H.266/VVC video coding
- SeaChange leadership extends salary reduction plan
- Growth in TV Panel quotes even higher than expected in July
- DNA selects VisualOn media player for Android TV app
- Mobile to provide 40% of SVOD subscriptions
- Comscore finds U.S. VOD transactions peaked in April
- Vewd brings the full broadcast experience to Smart TVs