Digital TV News: David Sidebottom
Global SVoD revenues to grow 25% in 2019 to $36bn
Apr 18, 2019 – SVoD continues to resonate with consumers across the globe. A report from Futuresource Consulting reveals that SVoD already reaches more than 60% of households in North America, 26% in Western Europe, 21% in Asia-Pacific and 19% in LATAM.
News categories: Futuresource Consulting, David Sidebottom, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Worldwide
Steady growth masks seismic shifts in US video and TV market
Jan 18, 2019 – Futuresource Consulting has unveiled some seismic shifts in the US entertainment space in two recently published reports. Futuresource estimates that the US video and TV industry saw a 1% rise in consumer spend in 2018.
News categories: Futuresource Consulting, David Sidebottom, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart Home, USA
US SVoD culture continues to strengthen
Feb 20, 2018 – The overall US video and Pay-TV market continues its healthy overall growth and is set to reach $140 billion by the end of 2018, according to Futuresource Consulting. This is despite the continuously evolving and challenging landscape.
News categories: Futuresource, David Sidebottom, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, USA
Multiple online video service adoption growing in China
Nov 27, 2017 – According to Futuresource Consulting, in China, VIP membership subscriptions to the leading online video services are continuing to build in momentum, with most subscribers taking at least two services at once.
News categories: Futuresource Consulting, David Sidebottom, China, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, OTT
Netflix growth continues as Amazon Prime Video momentum builds
Aug 24, 2016 – Futuresource Consulting has published the 12th wave of its 'Living With Digital' consumer survey, which reveals the latest trends in digital entertainment. Also included is an ongoing narrative around Pay-TV cord-cutting and the multinational competitive situation between Netflix and Amazon Prime Video.
News categories: Futuresource Consulting, David Sidebottom, Asia, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research, OTT, USA
Five developing markets offer opportunity for Netflix
Sep 25, 2015 – As Netflix continues on its quest for global coverage, where are the next wave of opportunities for the service provider? Recent research from Futuresource Consulting identifies five key developing markets which present significant opportunity for Netflix and the wider digital video landscape.
News categories: Futuresource, Joanna Wright, Tristan Veale, Michael Boreham, David Sidebottom, China, Digital TV, India, Market Research, Mexico, OTT, Poland, Russia, Subscribers, Turkey
UK video market in good health, driven by digital video
Jun 16, 2015 – Futuresource Consulting has assessed that the UK video market is in good health, driven by a growing appetite for digital video services, the resilience of packaged video retail and a healthy box office.
News categories: Futuresource, David Sidebottom, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, UK
Online subscription video driving connected TV
Jan 29, 2015 – One key consumer trend highlighted by Futuresource Consulting is the emergence of TV as an increasingly connected device, either directly on the connected TV or through ancillary devices such as digital media adaptors (DMA) or connected set-top-boxes.
News categories: Futuresource, David Sidebottom, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, OTT, UK, USA
US video entertainment spend to peak at $123 billion next year
Aug 6, 2014 – The overall US video entertainment market continues to grow in low single digits, reaching $120 billion in 2013 - a 2% increase on 2012 - and is on track to peak at $123 billion in 2015, according to Futuresource Consulting.
News categories: Futuresource Consulting, David Sidebottom, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, OTT, Satellite, USA
- Pay TV subscriptions exceed 1 billion
- Roku OS 9.2 to begin rollout
- Roku announces new streaming player line-up for UK
- Eros Now to develop online video platform with Microsoft
- FourthWall Media introduces Reveal 5 TV analytics and optimization platform
- Hearst Television moves to impressions-based selling of Local TV ad inventory
- Roku releases U.S. cord-cutting study
- Facebook introduces Portal TV set-top box
- CTA launches 8K Ultra HD logo program
- SVOD subscriptions soar by 38% in 2018
- Subscriptions now account for nearly 86% of US internet TV and movie spending
- NBCUniversal streaming service to be called 'Peacock'
- Vizio adds additional Alexa capabilities to SmartCast TVs
- LIWEST latest Austrian operator to deploy IPTV with Verimatrix and Ocilion
- Channel 4 to use Sky's AdSmart technology
- TV penetration in Sub-Saharan Africa still low
- Amazon Prime Video to be made available on Altice One
- NEOTION renews partnership with Irdeto
- Online video viewing to reach 100 minutes a day in 2021
- Irdeto secures Airtel Xstream 4K set-top box