Digital TV News: Dr Windsor Holden
Carrier Billing to account for more than 1 in 5 digital content sales
Apr 2, 2019 – The proportion of digital content paid for via carrier billing is expected to nearly double over the next 5 years, according to Juniper Research. Consumer spend via the mechanism is expected to rise from $28 billion last year to nearly $90 billion by 2024.
News categories: Juniper Research, Dr Windsor Holden, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, Worldwide
Digital content revenues to pass $200 billion next year
Nov 7, 2017 – Juniper Research has found that global consumer spend on digital content will reach $202bn in 2018, up by 10% on this year’s total of $184bn. SVOD services will be a key driver of growth, with OTT players committing significant budgets to original content.
News categories: Juniper Research, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Worldwide
Digital Content Revenues to Exceed $180bn by 2017
Jun 8, 2016 – A new study from Juniper Research has found that consumer spend on digital content will reach $180 billion next year, up by nearly 30% on last year’s figure of just under $140 billion.
News categories: Juniper Research, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Subscribers, Worldwide
Dedicated Mobile TV Networks Face Uncertain Future
Aug 3, 2010 – A Juniper Research study has found that disappointing adoption levels of mobile TV services, allied to competition from streamed mobile services and mobile reception of free-to-air terrestrial TV, has lead to growing disillusionment within the industry.
News categories: Juniper Research, 5G, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, Smart TV
WiFi to bring mobile TV to the masses
Jul 6, 2010 – A report published by Juniper Research has found that a surge in applications which can take advantage of the increasing availability of free WiFi services are set to boost the mobile TV industry with anticipated revenues of nearly $7bn by 2015.
News categories: Juniper Research, 5G, Broadband, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, OTT
Consumer spending on mobile broadcast TV to reach $2.7 billion by 2013, but revenues to be hit by free to air services
Oct 7, 2008 – The increasing availability of mobile handsets capable of receiving free-to-air analogue and digital terrestrial TV signals will adversely impact the prospects for dedicated mobile broadcast TV networks, according to a new report from Juniper Research.
News categories: Juniper Research, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, Smart TV, Terrestrial
Juniper Research Expects Spectrum Scarcity to Block Mobile TV Launch in UK Until at Least 2010
Oct 17, 2007 – The number of mobile broadcast TV subscribers in Western Europe is expected to pass 20m by 2011, according to a new report from Juniper Research.
News categories: Juniper Research, Digital TV, Europe, France, Germany, Italy, Market Research, Mobile, UK
Mobile Broadcast TV to Reach Almost 120 Million Mobile Users by 2012, but Technological and Regulatory Hurdles Still to be Faced
Sep 19, 2007 – According to a new report from Juniper Research, nearly 120m mobile users in more than 40 countries are expected to receive broadcast TV services by 2012, compared to less than 12m in 2007, with DVB-H being the dominant transmission standard.
News categories: Juniper Research, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile
- Pay-TV Innovation Forum reveals LatAm key findings
- Beeline deploys Kaltura TV Platform in Kazakhstan
- Spearad launches monetization technology for addressable TV and audio
- SmartLabs migrates legacy boxes for StarNet TV in Moldova
- New global launch dates confirmed for Disney+
- Viacom and ACCESS partner on automotive TV in Germany
- Australians turn to multiple subscriptions for entertainment
- Broadband usage patterns provide clues to imminent cord-cutting
- TELUS Home Assistant giving Optik TV customers hands-free voice control
- Amobee launches data marketplace for connected TV and multiscreen advertising
- Sky Media reveals power of addressable TV
- Charter agrees deal to distribute Disney streaming services
- Consolidated launches TV over Fiber-to-the-Premises in Columbia County, New York
- Global smart speaker sales grow 96% to 30.3 million in Q2 2019
- Comscore to provide measurement for Xandr's addressable offering
- CBS and Viacom to combine
- U.S. STB energy agreement savings top $5 billion
- GO Malta deploys Edgeware solutions for multiscreen TV
- Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost ~1.53 million subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Most smart speakers and video streamers are energy efficient