Digital TV News: ETRI
XUMO gains distribution on Sony and Panasonic TVs
Jan 2, 2020 – XUMO has announced the addition of Sony and Panasonic to its existing distribution network with LG. This expansion guarantees significant global distribution for both content owners and advertisers partnered with XUMO at present and in the future.
News categories: XUMO, Sony Electronics, Panasonic, LG Electronics, Colin Petrie-Norris, Nick Colsey, Yasunari Anan, Sangwoo Lee, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, Smart TV, USA
TV Analytics market to grow to $655.4 million by 2025
Dec 11, 2019 – According to Grand View Research, the global TV analytics market is expected to reach $655.4 million by 2025, registering a CAGR of 21.2% over the period, with more companies investing in platforms to understand viewership preferences.
News categories: Grand View Research, Big Data, Digital TV, Worldwide
iQIYI's watermarking system passes ChinaDRM Lab evaluation test
Nov 18, 2019 – iQIYI has announced that its self-developed watermarking system has passed the security evaluation test of the ChinaDRM Lab, making iQIYI the first online video platform in China to receive such an accreditation.
News categories: iQIYI, ChinaDRM, China, Content Protection, Digital TV, OTT, Watermarking
DVB approves DVB-I specification
Nov 13, 2019 – DVB has announced the approval of its DVB-I specification by the DVB Steering Board. The DVB-I specification aims to ensure that linear television delivered over the internet is as user-friendly and robust as a traditional broadcast TV experience.
News categories: DVB Project, Peter MacAvock, Digital TV, Europe, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
Nexstar transitions ad sales to impressions-based currency
Oct 28, 2019 – Nexstar Broadcasting (Nasdaq: NXST) is to transition its advertising sales to a cost-per-impression (CPM) model. Nexstar has been working with Comscore to develop suitable audience measurement metrics for all of its video platforms.
News categories: Nexstar, Comscore, Tim Busch, Steve Walsh, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
AT&T U.S. down 1,358k; Vrio down 167k video subs in 3Q 2019
Oct 28, 2019 – AT&T (NYSE:T) has reported results for the third quarter of 2019. Total U.S. video subscribers were down 1.358 million in the quarter with AT&T TV NOW accounting for 195,000 of the losses. For Vrio in Latin America, net subscribers also declined, by 167,000.
News categories: AT&T, Digital TV, IPTV, Latin America, OTT, Results, Satellite, USA
TVEkstra and ICAREUS power Addressable TV advertising in Turkey
Oct 24, 2019 – Icareus and TVEkstra have agreed with Turkuvaz Media, Ciner Media Group and TV8 channels to offer addressable TV advertising formats to advertisers on all their main channels. The formats are available to over 3 million unique HbbTV enabled Smart TVs.
News categories: ICAREUS, TVEkstra, Turkuvaz Media, Ciner Media, TV8, Mikko Karppinen, Merve Eraslanoğlu, Advertising, Digital TV, HbbTV, Smart TV, Turkey
XUMO renews streaming service deal with LG for USA and Canada
Oct 23, 2019 – XUMO has announced that it has renewed its enterprise relationship with LG to continue powering the Channel Plus service for LG smart TVs. The service has been rebranded LG Channels for 2019 LG webOS smart TVs in the U.S., Canada and internationally.
News categories: XUMO, LG Electronics, Colin Petrie-Norris, Canada, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Smart TV, USA
Verizon to give customers 12 months of Disney+
Oct 22, 2019 – Verizon and The Walt Disney Company have announced an agreement that will offer all Verizon wireless unlimited customers, new Fios Home Internet and 5G Home Internet customers 12 months of Disney+. The agreement will provide another reason for customers to choose Verizon.
News categories: Verizon, The Walt Disney Company, Hans Vestberg, Kevin Mayer, Digital TV, OTT, USA
- Netflix releases fourth-quarter 2019 results
- U.S. weekly time watching Netflix and Hulu up 20 minutes in 2019
- Allegro DVT unveils VVC compliance test bitstreams
- Synamedia partners with USSI Global for the U.S. market
- Disney+ brings forward EMEA launch date
- BARB begins reporting reach and time spent viewing across screens
- Synamedia partners with World Wide Technology
- Roku TV launches in Brazil in partnership with AOC
- Realtek, Jiuzhou join NAGRA Android TV Reference Program for Pay TV operators
- ENENSYS DVB-SIS solution ready for deployment
- Syncbak to debut simplified OTT syndication and monetization tools at NATPE 2020
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues
- Indian communication satellite GSAT-30 launched successfully
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service
- Comscore TV viewing data used to predict advertising audience decline
- Majority of U.S. advertisers using Advanced TV solutions
- US broadband households interested in innovative offerings accessed via TV
- U.S. advertising and marketing spend to grow to $390 billion in 2020
- Bannister Lake integrates MPEG-DASH into data aggregation workflow
- NextGen TV offers clear upside potential according to BIA