Digital TV News: Eddy Cue
Samsung Smart TVs to integrate iTunes video and support AirPlay 2
Jan 6, 2019 – Samsung has announced that it will offer iTunes Movies and TV Shows and Apple AirPlay 2 support on 2019 Samsung Smart TV models beginning this spring. Support on 2018 Samsung Smart TVs will be made available via firmware update.
News categories: Samsung, Apple, Won-Jin Lee, Eddy Cue, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, Smart Home, Smart TV, USA, Worldwide
Apple TV 4K brings home the magic of cinema with 4K and HDR
Sep 12, 2017 – Apple has introduced the new Apple TV 4K designed to deliver a stunning cinematic experience at home. With support for both 4K and HDR, Apple TV 4K features sharp, crisp images, richer, more true-to-life colors, and far greater detail in both dark and bright scenes.
News categories: Apple, Australia, Canada, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
Single sign-on coming to Apple TV
Jun 13, 2016 – Apple has announced new Siri capabilities, single sign-on for Apple TV and more features for users. With single sign-on, customers can authenticate all the video channels from their pay-TV providers by simply signing in once to enjoy all of their network-TV apps.
News categories: Apple, Eddy Cue, Roger Lynch, Hannibal Soares, Chris Albrecht, Content Protection, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Apple adds voice remote control in Apple TV upgrade
Sep 9, 2015 – Apple has announced the all-new Apple TV, bringing an experience to the living room based on apps built for the television. The new Apple TV’s remote features Siri, so you can search with your voice for TV shows and movies across multiple content providers simultaneously.
News categories: Apple, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA, Worldwide
SHOWTIME stand-alone service to launch on July 12th
Jun 3, 2015 – For the first time ever, SHOWTIME will be offered over the internet as a stand-alone streaming service launching in early July, with Apple as its first partner. Additional platforms and providers will be announced soon.
News categories: Showtime Networks, CBS Corp, Matthew C. Blank, Leslie Moonves, Digital TV, OTT, USA
HBO NOW Apple app premiering in April
Mar 9, 2015 – Apple and HBO have announced that HBO NOW is premiering in April, making an HBO subscription available directly to Apple customers. iPhone, iPad, iPod touch and Apple TV users can purchase HBO NOW directly in-app as a standalone service.
News categories: Apple, HBO, Eddy Cue, Richard Plepler, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, USA
iTunes Offers Movies To Buy & Rent in HD
Mar 19, 2009 – Apple® has announced that iTunes® customers can now purchase and rent box office favorites in HD on the iTunes Store. HD movies can be purchased for download for $19.99, and as iTunes Movie Rentals for $4.99 within 30 days of release.
News categories: iTunes, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box
- beIN dispute hits MENA pay TV subscribers
- Steady growth masks seismic shifts in US video and TV market
- BlackBerry joins the Velos Media licensing platform
- Singapore to introduce measures against illicit streaming devices
- BritBox surpasses half a million subscribers
- DAZN drives global growth via social video with Grabyo
- Euskaltel decoders now integrate Amazon Prime Video
- Cox Media and Nielsen renew TV and audio measurement agreement
- OTT TV market far from being saturated
- TDG research shows sensitivity of Netflix subscribers to price rises
- Sinclair Broadcast launches free TV streaming service, STIRR
- Wurl launches server-side ad insertion for Connected TVs
- 16% of U.S. broadband households share online video passwords
- OTE agrees to sell Telekom Albania to Albania Telecom Invest
- Mediamorph achieves record customer acquisitions in 2018
- Half of all U.S. video viewing is done with others
- ShortsTV selects Synacor's Cloud Identity Platform
- SpotX releases '2019 Video Advertising Trends' report
- Mirada multiscreen solution launches at One Communications in Bermuda
- Vestel releases first CASTVs with integrated broadcast pay TV