Digital TV News: Eddy Cue
Apple TV+ now available
Nov 1, 2019 – Audiences in over 100 countries and regions can now watch Apple TV+ on the Apple TV app. Customers can enjoy Apple TV+ on iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, iPod touch, Mac, select Samsung smart TVs, Roku and Amazon Fire TV devices, as well as on the web.
News categories: Apple, Eddy Cue, Apps, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
Apple debuts new Apple TV app and Apple TV channels
Mar 25, 2019 – Apple has announced Apple TV+, Apple’s original video subscription service. Additionally, Apple debuted the all-new Apple TV app and Apple TV channels coming in May 2019. The all-new Apple TV app brings together the different ways to discover and watch shows, movies, sports, news and more in one app.
News categories: Apple, Eddy Cue, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Smartphone, Tablet, USA, Worldwide
Samsung Smart TVs to integrate iTunes video and support AirPlay 2
Jan 6, 2019 – Samsung has announced that it will offer iTunes Movies and TV Shows and Apple AirPlay 2 support on 2019 Samsung Smart TV models beginning this spring. Support on 2018 Samsung Smart TVs will be made available via firmware update.
News categories: Samsung, Apple, Won-Jin Lee, Eddy Cue, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, Smart Home, Smart TV, USA, Worldwide
Apple TV 4K brings home the magic of cinema with 4K and HDR
Sep 12, 2017 – Apple has introduced the new Apple TV 4K designed to deliver a stunning cinematic experience at home. With support for both 4K and HDR, Apple TV 4K features sharp, crisp images, richer, more true-to-life colors, and far greater detail in both dark and bright scenes.
News categories: Apple, Australia, Canada, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
Single sign-on coming to Apple TV
Jun 13, 2016 – Apple has announced new Siri capabilities, single sign-on for Apple TV and more features for users. With single sign-on, customers can authenticate all the video channels from their pay-TV providers by simply signing in once to enjoy all of their network-TV apps.
News categories: Apple, Eddy Cue, Roger Lynch, Hannibal Soares, Chris Albrecht, Content Protection, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Apple adds voice remote control in Apple TV upgrade
Sep 9, 2015 – Apple has announced the all-new Apple TV, bringing an experience to the living room based on apps built for the television. The new Apple TV’s remote features Siri, so you can search with your voice for TV shows and movies across multiple content providers simultaneously.
News categories: Apple, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA, Worldwide
SHOWTIME stand-alone service to launch on July 12th
Jun 3, 2015 – For the first time ever, SHOWTIME will be offered over the internet as a stand-alone streaming service launching in early July, with Apple as its first partner. Additional platforms and providers will be announced soon.
News categories: Showtime Networks, CBS Corp, Matthew C. Blank, Leslie Moonves, Digital TV, OTT, USA
HBO NOW Apple app premiering in April
Mar 9, 2015 – Apple and HBO have announced that HBO NOW is premiering in April, making an HBO subscription available directly to Apple customers. iPhone, iPad, iPod touch and Apple TV users can purchase HBO NOW directly in-app as a standalone service.
News categories: Apple, HBO, Eddy Cue, Richard Plepler, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, USA
iTunes Offers Movies To Buy & Rent in HD
Mar 19, 2009 – Apple® has announced that iTunes® customers can now purchase and rent box office favorites in HD on the iTunes Store. HD movies can be purchased for download for $19.99, and as iTunes Movie Rentals for $4.99 within 30 days of release.
News categories: iTunes, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box
- INVIDI extends addressable TV partnership with Tata Elxsi
- SVOD subscriptions grew by 28% in 2019
- ATEME negotiating acquisition of ANEVIA
- Charter residential video customers up 102,000 in 2Q 2020
- QNET Telecom selects ATEME for video transcoding
- Discovery joins On Addressability dynamic ad insertion initiative
- 3SS and Hoppr enable monetization on Android TV
- Liberty Latin America to acquire Telefónica’s operations in Costa Rica
- KDDI selects VisualOn media player for au Smart Pass
- PMG and American Tower partner to accelerate ATSC 3.0 SFN deployment
- Eurofins updates testing services for CI Plus 2.0
- Eutelsat 8 West B selected by Strong Roots for Ethiopian FTA DTH
- Yes partners with Synamedia to achieve broadcast-equivalent latency
- Seven broadcasters launch NEXTGEN TV in Portland, OR
- Global TV panel shipments decline 8.4% YoY in 1H20
- Linear TV remains dominant form of television viewership in 2019
- ACCESS adds NetRange App Store to its in-vehicle infotainment offer
- iSpot provides attribution and OTT measurement for OpenAP ads
- Humax announces Android TV STB supporting AV1 and HDR10
- Kaltura to power CETIN's wholesale Cloud TV service for the CEE region