Digital TV News: Gartner
Consumer to represent 63% of IoT applications in 2017
Feb 7, 2017 – Gartner forecasts that 8.4 billion connected things will be in use worldwide in 2017, up 31 percent from 2016, and will reach 20.4 billion by 2020. Total spending on endpoints and services will reach almost $2 trillion in 2017.
News categories: Gartner, Denise Rueb, Market Research, Smart Home, Worldwide
Worldwide semiconductor revenue forecast to grow 7.2% in 2017
Jan 23, 2017 – Worldwide semiconductor revenue is forecast to total $364.1 billion in 2017, an increase of 7.2 percent from 2016, according to Gartner. This represents a turnaround for the semiconductor industry as the market experienced 1.5 percent growth in 2016.
News categories: Gartner, Ganesh Ramamoorthy, Market Research, Semiconductor, Worldwide
Worldwide semiconductor revenue grew 1.5% in 2016
Jan 18, 2017 – Worldwide semiconductor revenue totaled $339.7 billion in 2016, a 1.5 percent increase from 2015 revenue of $334.8 billion, according to preliminary results from Gartner. The top 25 semiconductor vendors' combined revenue increased by 7.9 percent compared with 2015.
News categories: Gartner, Adriana Blanco, Market Research, Semiconductor, Worldwide
Kudelski announces IoT security Center Of Excellence
Jan 3, 2017 – The Kudelski Group (SIX:KUD.S) has launched its Internet of Things (IoT) Security Center of Excellence, building on the expertise of Kudelski Security and decades of innovation in protecting digital TV content and devices.
News categories: Kudelski, Content Protection, Smart Home, Worldwide
ADB graphyne2 integrates personalized recommendations from ContentWise
Jul 28, 2016 – ADB has announced that it has partnered with ContentWise to integrate personalized recommendation capabilities into its recently announced graphyne2 personal TV software platform.
News categories: Advanced Digital Broadcast, ContentWise, Wojciech Doganowski, Pancrazio Auteri, Advertising, Digital TV, IBCShowcase, Set Top Box, UX, Worldwide
Dialog Semi offers power management ICs for STBs and Smart TVs
Feb 3, 2016 – Dialog Semiconductor (FWB:DLG) has announced that the company is entering the smart TV and set-top box (STB) market with a family of highly integrated power management ICs (PMICs).
News categories: Dialog Semi, Jalal Bagherli, Digital TV, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
Worldwide semiconductor revenue declined 1.9% in 2015
Jan 7, 2016 – Worldwide semiconductor revenue totaled $333.7 billion in 2015, a 1.9 percent decrease from 2014 revenue of $340.3 billion, according to preliminary results by Gartner. The top 25 semiconductor vendors' combined revenue increased 0.2 percent.
News categories: Gartner, Sergis Mushell, Market Research, Semiconductor, Worldwide
Worldwide semiconductor sales expected to decline 0.8% in 2015
Oct 9, 2015 – Worldwide semiconductor revenue is forecast to total $337.8 billion in 2015, a decline of 0.8 percent from 2014, according to Gartner. This is first decline in revenue since 2012 when the market declined 2.6 percent.
News categories: Gartner, Andrew Norwood, Market Research, Semiconductor, Worldwide
Worldwide semiconductor sales expected to grow 2.2% in 2015
Jul 8, 2015 – Worldwide semiconductor revenue is forecast to reach $348 billion in 2015, a 2.2 percent increase from 2014, but down from the previous quarter's forecast of 4.0 percent growth, according to Gartner. Smartphones and SSDs will continue to drive market growth.
News categories: Gartner, Jon Erensen, Market Research, Semiconductor, Worldwide
- Highest ever Samsung Smart TV sales in 3Q 2020
- Orange France delivers targeted ads with SoftAtHome video player
- Velocix unveils cloud-native video personalisation service
- DIRECTV GO now available in Brazil
- VR consumer content revenue to exceed $7 billion in 2025
- XroadMedia to power hyper-personalization at ZEE5
- Ericsson predicts 40% of mobile subscriptions in 2026 will be 5G
- Pay TV revenue in New Zealand to follow -3.1% CAGR
- iQIYI International available for ZEASN-based smart devices
- Growing demand for smart displays driving smart speaker sales
- Forthnet becomes part of United Group
- Anevia powers Skymedia's SkyGo service in Mongolia
- UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV ads in the next 12 months
- NetRange moves browser to the Cloud for low-cost Smart TVs
- Over 13 billion Smart Home devices in use by 2025
- MultiChoice picks Metrological to deliver OTT services on DStv
- Oregan Networks builds on Amlogic's Android TV reference platform
- Bitmovin and OKAST team up to deliver live and VOD streaming
- 61% of US broadband households subscribe to two or more OTT services
- 14% of Australians plan to cancel pay TV as a result of the pandemic