Digital TV News: Jonathan Huberman
Brightcove to acquire Ooyala’s online video platform business
Feb 13, 2019 – Brightcove (NASDAQ: BCOV) has announced that it agreed to acquire the online video platform (OVP) business of Ooyala. Brightcove intends to take on all customer, reseller, and partner relationships utilized by Ooyala’s OVP business globally.
News categories: Brightcove, Ooyala, Jeff Ray, Jonathan Huberman, Big Data, Content Distribution, Digital TV, MnA, Worldwide
Ooyala and 24i launch OTT content preparation and delivery solution
Dec 4, 2018 – Ooyala is partnering with 24i to launch OoyalaREACH, an OTT content preparation and delivery solution. Media owners can use OoyalaREACH to create, manage and deploy OTT experiences seamlessly across multiple platforms.
News categories: Ooyala, 24i, Jonathan Huberman, Martijn van Horssen, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Worldwide
Ooyala powers StarHub Go Streaming Box
Nov 7, 2018 – StarHub has launched an all-in-one entertainment destination - the StarHub Go Streaming Box, powered by the Ooyala Online Video Solution. The box is the first in the world to run on the Operator Tier version of Android TV Oreo.
News categories: Ooyala, StarHub, Jonathan Huberman, Chong Siew Loong, Android TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, Singapore
Ooyala Flex Media Platform to run on Google Cloud
Oct 30, 2018 – Ooyala is to use Google Cloud technologies for its Ooyala Flex Media Platform which empowers media owners to automate their video workflows, expand their audiences and get content to market faster, and with greater flexibility and security.
News categories: Ooyala, Google Cloud, Jonathan Huberman, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Worldwide
Ooyala bought from Telstra by its management
Oct 16, 2018 – Ooyala and Telstra have announced the completion of the management buyout of Ooyala. Building on the success of Ooyala under the current management team the transaction provides the foundation for the next phase of growth for Ooyala.
News categories: Ooyala, Jonathan Huberman, Content Distribution, Digital TV, MnA, Worldwide
ZoneTV, Ooyala and Microsoft use AI to create customizable TV channels
Jul 25, 2017 – ZoneTV will utilize media logistics tools from Ooyala plus Video Indexer, part of Microsoft Cognitive Services, to automate the curation of content of a customizable suite of linear TV channels which will launch this fall.
News categories: Ooyala, Zone·tv, Microsoft Azure, Jonathan Huberman, Jeff Weber, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Worldwide
Iomega DVR Expander Drive Now Certified With Pace Set-Top Boxes
Feb 26, 2009 – Iomega (NYSE:EMC) has announced that the Iomega® DVR Expander Drive is certified for compatibility with Pace Americas (LSE: PIC) cable set-top boxes and digital video recorders.
News categories: Iomega, Pace, Cable TV, DVR, Set Top Box, USA
- Afghanistan Broadcasting System selects EUTELSAT 53A as its DTH platform
- StarHub pay TV households down 49,000 in 2018
- Encoding.com selected by Akamai as preferred partner for VOD transcoding
- U.S. smart speaker sales will exceed 64 million in 2022
- Brightcove to acquire Ooyala’s online video platform business
- DISH TV down ~380k; Sling TV up ~50k subs in 4Q 2018
- TVSquared partners with TiVo for deterministic attribution
- Telenet designs new YUGO bundle entirely around the smartphone
- FreeWheel chooses Nielsen to power audience-based multiscreen TV advertising
- GTPL Hathway adds 170,000 CATV digital subscribers in 4Q 2018
- Tastemade expands linear OTT footprint with Amagi
- FreeWheel Council for Premium Video Europe releases paper on programmatic technology
- Ethiopian broadcasters take video capacity on EUTELSAT 8 West B
- Survey finds one in four Malaysian consumers use pirate TV boxes
- Digital Voice Assistants in use to triple to 8 billion by 2023
- Amazon to acquire mesh WiFi company, eero
- LiveRamp expands identity solution to include connected TV
- CuriosityStream raises $140M in private placement
- Hong Kong to begin analogue TV switch off on November 30, 2020
- China's online video subscribers to surpass 300 million in 2019