Digital TV News: National Association of Broadcasters
FCC consults on ATSC 3.0 physical layer deployment
Apr 26, 2016 – The FCC has been asked to amend its rules to allow broadcasters to begin to use the signaling portion of the physical layer of the new ATSC 3.0 broadcast standard. It has issued a Public Notice to seek comment on the request.
News categories: FCC, ATSC, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Terrestrial, USA
KBS, SBS and LG demo 4K UHD ATSC 3.0 at NABShow
Apr 17, 2016 – Korean broadcasters KBS and SBS have joined forces with LG Electronics to demonstrate a real-world implementation of ATSC 3.0 broadcasting at the National Association of Broadcasters (NAB) convention.
News categories: LG Electronics, KBS, SBS, Byeong-Ryeol Park, Dr. Young-Soo Park, ATSC, Content Distribution, NABShow, Terrestrial, USA
PILOT shows ATSC 3.0 Interactive Environment at NAB Show
Apr 15, 2016 – A prototype ATSC 3.0 receiver and gateway demonstrating the Interactive Environment will be featured during NAB Show. The Interactive Environment is based on HTML5 and enables broadcasters to provide a richer and more customized experience for viewers.
News categories: National Association of Broadcasters, So Vang, Sam Matheny, ATSC, Digital TV, HTML5, NABShow, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, USA
Technicolor offers HDR grading services and software licensing
Apr 13, 2015 – Technicolor (Paris: TCH; OTCQX: TCLRY) has announced that it will support content creators in the transition to next generation video technology by expanding its color grading service offering to include high dynamic range (HDR) grading for movies, TV shows and commercials.
News categories: Technicolor, Autodesk, Blackmagic Design, Vince Pizzica, Marc Stevens, Grant Petty, ATSC, Content Distribution, NABShow, USA
Marketing begins for Tablet TV launch in the U.S.
Oct 15, 2014 – Motive Television (AIM: MTV.LN) has announced that its 50% owned joint venture, Tablet Television (TTV), is launching its marketing campaign in San Francisco, supporting a product launch in time for Christmas 2014.
News categories: Motive Television, Leonard M Fertig, Luc Tomasino, Apps, Digital TV, Tablet, Terrestrial, USA
WebTuner delivers Live TV, On Demand and Streaming Video via the Internet
Apr 7, 2014 – WebTuner has announced a platform offering access to live TV, on demand and streaming video via broadband. WebTuner satisfies consumer demand for choice as well as MVPD requirements for control.
News categories: WebTuner, Bernee Strom, Rich Fickle, Eduard Zaslavsky, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Mobile, NABShow, OTT, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Stream TV glasses-free 3D on show in SGO booth at NAB Show 2014
Apr 4, 2014 – Stream TV Networks has announced that its Ultra-D™ glasses-free 3D technology will be demonstrated in the SGO booth at the National Association of Broadcasters Show in Las Vegas.
News categories: Stream TV Networks, SGO, Qualcomm, Intrinsyc Software, Mathu Rajan, Geoff Mills, Middleware, NABShow, Semiconductor, Smart TV, VR, Worldwide
Beamr Video cuts HEVC bitrate by 50%
Apr 3, 2014 – Beamr Video, a provider of video optimization technology, will demonstrate reduction of 4K HEVC bitrates by up to 50% with no visual quality loss at the NAB Show in Las Vegas.
News categories: Beamr, Sharon Carmel, Digital TV, IPTV, Media Player, NABShow, OTT, Worldwide
FUTURECAST broadcast system for ATSC 3.0 on show at NAB2014
Apr 2, 2014 – FUTURECAST was co-developed by LG Electronics, its U.S. R&D subsidiary Zenith, and GatesAir as the foundation of next-generation terrestrial broadcasting in the United States and around the world.
News categories: LG Electronics, GatesAir, Dr. Skott Ahn, Rich Redmond, ATSC, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Terrestrial, USA
- Konka expands brand to the United States and Canada
- NBC/Telemundo and NBC Sports offer local TV attribution with TVSquared
- Edge Networks selects ENENSYS TestTree for ATSC 3.0 testing
- DISH Media taps FreeWheel for both traditional and addressable linear TV
- Comcast and NuEyes enable customers with visual disabilities to see TV with Smartglasses
- Kantar to continue delivering TV trading currency in Israel
- TiVo chooses SpotX for monetization of CTV ad inventory
- SiTune introduces TV tuner for mobile ATSC 3.0 and 5G Broadcast
- Tappx to develop programmatic Server-Side Ad Insertion platform for TV
- TV Analytics market to grow to $655.4 million by 2025
- Telefónica moves RTVE video and radio content to HOTBIRD at 13°E
- VIZIO launches Direct Advertising business
- US media players get on AVOD bandwagon as market revenue soars
- Tru Optik partners with JamLoop for audience targeting on OTT/CTV
- Nordics lose a generation of viewers
- Hotstar releases India Watch Report 2019
- Juniper Research makes Top Ten Tech Predictions for 2020
- A1 Telekom partners with Vubiquity for TVOD launch in Bulgaria
- Strategy Analytics makes Media & Entertainment predictions for 2020
- Undertone and TVadSync create cross-platform TV targeting engine