Digital TV News: Paul Kocher
MStar, Intertrust and Rambus to show security for 4K UHD TV at IBC 2015
Sep 10, 2015 – MStar Semiconductor has announced that it has started production of a secure chipset for connected TVs that integrates the Rambus Cryptography Research CryptoFirewall security core with Intertrust’s ExpressPlay cloud service for DRM.
News categories: MStar Semi, Rambus, Intertrust, Wayne Tsai, Paul Kocher, David Maher, Content Protection, IBC2019, Semiconductor, Silicon IP, Smart TV, Worldwide
Cryptography Research to manage cryptographic keys for SCSA-enabled devices
Sep 1, 2015 – Cryptography Research (NASDAQ:RMBS) has been selected by the Secure Content Storage Association (SCSA) to run and manage the VIDITY Key Issuance Center. The service manages cryptographic keys that SCSA-enabled devices and services use in securing content.
News categories: Cryptography Research, SCSA, Paul Kocher, David Huerta, Content Protection, Digital TV, Worldwide
Intertrust integrates Cryptography Research security cores
Apr 9, 2015 – Rambus (NASDAQ:RMBS) has announced that Intertrust will integrate its CryptoFirewall hardware security cores with its ExpressPlay cloud service. Smart 4K UHD TVs are the first target devices for the integrated security solution.
News categories: Cryptography Research, Intertrust, Paul Kocher, Talal Shamoon, Content Protection, Digital TV, OTT, Smart TV, Worldwide
MStar to use Cryptography Research DPA countermeasures in Set-Top Box ICs
Feb 4, 2015 – Rambus (NASDAQ:RMBS) has announced that its Cryptography Research Division and MStar have signed a license agreement for the inclusion of advanced DPA countermeasure technologies developed by Cryptography Research in MStar products.
News categories: Cryptography Research, MStar Semi, Paul Kocher, Jeff Wu, Content Protection, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
MStar Semi to integrate Cryptography Research CryptoFirewall Security Core
Aug 28, 2014 – Cryptography Research (NASDAQ:RMBS) has announced that MStar Semiconductor has licensed the Cryptography Research CryptoFirewall security core for integration into its connected TV solution chips.
News categories: Cryptography Research, MStar Semi, Wayne Tsai, Paul Kocher, Content Protection, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Silicon IP, Smart TV, Worldwide
Entropic licenses Cryptography Research DPA countermeasures
Jul 23, 2014 – Cryptography Research (NASDAQ:RMBS) and Entropic (NASDAQ:ENTR) have announced that they have signed an agreement allowing for the use of the Cryptography Research side-channel attack countermeasures in Entropic’s ICs.
News categories: Cryptography Research, Entropic, Matt Rhodes, Paul Kocher, Content Protection, Digital TV, Licensing, Patent, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Verimatrix Demonstrates Integration of CryptoFirewall Security Core at NABShow 2013
Apr 8, 2013 – Verimatrix has announced that it is demonstrating the integration of Cryptography Research's CryptoFirewall™ hardware-based security core with its Verimatrix Video Content Authority System (VCAS™) for IPTV cardless security at NAB Show 2013.
News categories: Verimatrix, Cryptography Research, Content Protection, IPTV, NABShow, Semiconductor
Cryptography Research Signs License Agreement With EchoStar for CryptoFirewall Security
Feb 26, 2013 – Cryptography Research (NASDAQ:RMBS) has announced a license agreement with EchoStar (Nasdaq: SATS) to adopt the Cryptography Research CryptoFirewall™ security core for use in EchoStar set-top boxes to protect against TV signal theft.
News categories: Cryptography Research, EchoStar, Content Protection, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box
ALi Integrates Cryptography Research CryptoFirewall Security Core
Jan 9, 2013 – Cryptography Research (NASDAQ:RMBS) and ALi Corp. (3041 TT) have announced that ALi has completed integration of the CRI CryptoFirewall™ security technology into its STB SoC products. The CryptoFirewall core will be available in ALi chipsets beginning in 2013.
News categories: Cryptography Research, ALi Corp, Content Protection, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Silicon IP
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues
- Indian communication satellite GSAT-30 launched successfully
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service
- Comscore TV viewing data used to predict advertising audience decline
- Majority of U.S. advertisers using Advanced TV solutions
- US broadband households interested in innovative offerings accessed via TV
- U.S. advertising and marketing spend to grow to $390 billion in 2020
- Bannister Lake integrates MPEG-DASH into data aggregation workflow
- NextGen TV offers clear upside potential according to BIA
- ANA and Innovid release Connected TV insights report
- Insight TV taps Amagi for OTT channel distribution
- Cincinnati Bell, Hawaiian Telcom partner with YouTube TV
- TELUS launches dedicated hayu app on Optik TV
- App Annie releases The State of Mobile 2020 report
- Piracy and account sharing cost U.S. pay TV and OTT operators over $9bn in 2019
- Market for Android TVs to grow to $231 billion by 2026
- Foxxum to develop app store for Konka ODM TVs
- Cerence joins with LG to develop AI-powered connected car platform
- Vidgo launches live streaming service with Harmonic
- IPTV service revenue in Korea to grow at a CAGR of 4.4% to 2024