Digital TV News: Philo
Philo unveils connected TV ad platform
Apr 17, 2019 – Streaming television service Philo has revealed a roster of top advertising technology and sales partners as part of the company’s drive to reach advertisers looking for a brand-safe programming solution in the booming vMVPD marketplace.
News categories: Philo, Reed Barker, Advertising, Digital TV, OTT, USA
Cable ONE to acquire Fidelity Communications
Apr 1, 2019 – Cable One (NYSE: CABO) has announced that it has entered into a definitive agreement with Fidelity Communications Co. to acquire Fidelity’s data, video and voice business and certain related assets for $525.9 million in cash.
News categories: Cable One, Fidelity Communications, Julie Laulis, John Colbert, Cable TV, Digital TV, MnA, USA
Simplestream delivers multiscreen upgrade for Law&Crime Network
Feb 25, 2019 – Law&Crime has turned to Simplestream to enhance the content delivery capabilities of its multiscreen service to better cater to providers and engage with new audiences. The partnership follows a recent expansion of Law&Crime across several new OTT distribution platforms.
News categories: Simplestream, Law&Crime, Dan Finch, Juan Miguel Bassalik, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, USA
Tastemade expands linear OTT footprint with Amagi
Feb 12, 2019 – Amagi has announced that Tastemade has added another distribution partner for its linear channel and VOD content offering – now on Comcast, YouTube TV, Philo TV, Sony's PlayStation Vue, and T-Mobile, all powered by Amagi.
News categories: Amagi, Tastemade, Deepakjit Singh, Jeremy Strauss, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, USA
Cinnafilm partners with Technicolor on HDR conversion solution
Feb 7, 2019 – Cinnafilm and Technicolor have announced a partnership to combine their strengths and abilities in image processing and color conversion to provide a file-based solution for High Dynamic Range (HDR) conversions from Standard Dynamic Range (SDR) source material.
News categories: Cinnafilm, Technicolor, Lance Maurer, Kirk Barker, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Worldwide
HTC VIVE evolves VR portfolio
Jan 7, 2019 – HTC VIVE has announced hardware, software, and content offerings that redefine how VR is experienced. VIVE Pro Eye sets a new standard for high-end VR headsets, VIVEPORT Infinity allows unlimited access to content, and VIVE COSMOS with Vive Reality System reimagines what's possible in VR.
News categories: HTC VIVE, Rikard Steiber, Daniel O'Brien, Drew Bamford, Jamie Leece, CES, VR, Worldwide
BARC India collaborates with IITs on TV audience measurement innovation
Dec 27, 2018 – In a bid to seek solutions to better meet the needs of TV audience measurement, BARC India has partnered with the Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs). IITs across the country were asked to suggest new ways of measuring TV viewing habits of 836 million TV owning individuals.
News categories: BARC India, Romil Ramgarhia, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, India, Market Research
Vestel partners with Foxxum for Linux-based Smart TVs
Aug 31, 2018 – Foxxum has announced that Vestel has signed an agreement to make Foxxum the single worldwide Smart TV partner for Vestel branded and OEM Products running on its Linux based operating system.
News categories: Foxxum, Vestel, Ronny Lutzi, Hakan Kutlu, Apps, Digital TV, Europe, Smart TV
U.S. vMVPDs added 868k subscribers in 2Q 2018 but overall pay TV subs fell
Aug 21, 2018 – Strategy Analytics’ analysis of U.S. pay TV subscriber numbers shows vMVPDs with 868K net adds in 2Q 2018 bringing the total number of vMVPD subscribers to 6.73M, up 119% YoY. Despite this, overall pay TV subscribers fell to 93.78M.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, Michael Goodman, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, OTT, Satellite, Subscribers, USA
- Spearad launches monetization technology for addressable TV and audio
- SmartLabs migrates legacy boxes for StarNet TV in Moldova
- New global launch dates confirmed for Disney+
- Viacom and ACCESS partner on automotive TV in Germany
- Australians turn to multiple subscriptions for entertainment
- Broadband usage patterns provide clues to imminent cord-cutting
- TELUS Home Assistant giving Optik TV customers hands-free voice control
- Amobee launches data marketplace for connected TV and multiscreen advertising
- Sky Media reveals power of addressable TV
- Charter agrees deal to distribute Disney streaming services
- Consolidated launches TV over Fiber-to-the-Premises in Columbia County, New York
- Global smart speaker sales grow 96% to 30.3 million in Q2 2019
- Comscore to provide measurement for Xandr's addressable offering
- CBS and Viacom to combine
- U.S. STB energy agreement savings top $5 billion
- GO Malta deploys Edgeware solutions for multiscreen TV
- Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost ~1.53 million subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Most smart speakers and video streamers are energy efficient
- Consolidated Communications launches CCiTV in Southern Maine
- HONOR Vision first smart screen device with Huawei's HarmonyOS