Digital TV News: Redbox
J.D. Power 2012 U.S. Residential Pay-To-View Study
Jun 21, 2012 – As paid video content becomes more available via different distribution channels, tablet and wireless phone-viewing usage has increased, while PC/Mac-viewing usage has decreased from 2011, according to a J.D. Power and Associates study.
News categories: J.D. Power, Digital TV, Games Console, Market Research, OTT, Smartphone, Tablet, USA
Video Infrastructure Market Reaches $13.2B Worldwide
Feb 24, 2012 – ACG Research has released its Q4 2011 market size and share reports for the Service Provider Video Infrastructure (SPVI) market. The reports indicate that the SPVI market grew 5% sequentially to reach $4B for the quarter, although down 3% year to year.
News categories: ACG Research, Cable Modem, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, OTT, Set Top Box
Verizon and Redbox Form Joint Venture to Create New Consumer Choice for Video Entertainment
Feb 6, 2012 – Verizon (NYSE, Nasdaq: VZ) and Redbox (Nasdaq: CSTR) have announced the formation of a joint venture to offer Redbox® DVD and Blu-ray Disc® rentals combined with a new video on-demand streaming and download service from Verizon.
News categories: Verizon, Redbox, Blu-ray, Digital TV, DVD, OTT, USA
OTT Video Providers Jockeying For Position As Market Heats Up
Jun 29, 2010 – Industry participants in the over-the-top (OTT) video market are positioning themselves for what is anticipated to be a high-growth market with multi-billion dollar revenue streams, reports In-Stat.
News categories: In-Stat, Market Research, OTT, USA
- Beeline deploys Kaltura TV Platform in Kazakhstan
- Spearad launches monetization technology for addressable TV and audio
- SmartLabs migrates legacy boxes for StarNet TV in Moldova
- New global launch dates confirmed for Disney+
- Viacom and ACCESS partner on automotive TV in Germany
- Australians turn to multiple subscriptions for entertainment
- Broadband usage patterns provide clues to imminent cord-cutting
- TELUS Home Assistant giving Optik TV customers hands-free voice control
- Amobee launches data marketplace for connected TV and multiscreen advertising
- Sky Media reveals power of addressable TV
- Charter agrees deal to distribute Disney streaming services
- Consolidated launches TV over Fiber-to-the-Premises in Columbia County, New York
- Global smart speaker sales grow 96% to 30.3 million in Q2 2019
- Comscore to provide measurement for Xandr's addressable offering
- CBS and Viacom to combine
- U.S. STB energy agreement savings top $5 billion
- GO Malta deploys Edgeware solutions for multiscreen TV
- Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost ~1.53 million subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Most smart speakers and video streamers are energy efficient
- Consolidated Communications launches CCiTV in Southern Maine