Digital TV News: Rob Tobias
Many announcements of HDMI 2.1 products expected at CES2019
Jan 7, 2019 – The HDMI 2.1 Specification was released in November 2017 and manufacturers of several products including semiconductors, TVs, AVRs, soundbars, and game consoles have made announcements on upcoming releases supporting the specification.
News categories: HDMI LA, HDMI Forum, Rob Tobias, Robert Blanchard, CES2020, Digital TV, USA, Worldwide
Shipments of HDMI products near 900 million units in 2017
Jan 8, 2018 – HDMI LA has reported that almost 1,800 licensed HDMI Adopters, representing a broad range of product categories, are expected to have shipped nearly 900 million HDMI-compliant products in 2017 for a total cumulative installed base approaching seven billion devices.
News categories: HDMI Licensing, Rob Tobias, Robert Blanchard, CES2020, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart Home, Worldwide
HDMI releases alternate mode for USB Type-C connector
Sep 1, 2016 – HDMI Licensing has released its HDMI Alternate Mode ('Alt Mode') developed for the USB Type-C specification. This will allow HDMI-enabled sources to utilize a USB Type-C connector to directly connect to HDMI-enabled displays.
News categories: HDMI Licensing, USB-IF, Rob Tobias, Jeff Ravencraft, Digital TV, Smart Home, Smart TV, Worldwide
HDMI Licensing launches HDMI 2.0 Certification Program
Oct 5, 2015 – HDMI Licensing has announced a Premium HDMI Cable Certification Program. The program tests that the cable can support the 18Gbps bandwidth required by the HDMI 2.0 Specification - a throughput typically needed for video formats such as 4K/UltraHD.
News categories: HDMI Licensing, Jeff Park, Rob Tobias, QoE, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV, Worldwide
MHL Consortium announces superMHL - first to support 8K
Jan 6, 2015 – MHL Consortium has announced the superMHL™ specification, the next-generation of MHL® technology for CE and mobile devices. superMHL delivers higher resolution and frame rates along with 40W of power charging, while broadening MHL’s reach by supporting 8K video resolution.
News categories: MHL Consortium, Rob Tobias, CES2020, Digital TV, Smart Home, Smart TV, Worldwide
MHL ecosystem surpasses 650 million products worldwide
Sep 22, 2014 – MHL, LLC has announced that more than 650 million MHL® products have shipped worldwide since the first MHL-enabled products were released in 2011. MHL technology brings HD multimedia content from a mobile device to a larger screen.
News categories: MHL, LLC, Rob Tobias, Market Research, Mobile, Smart Home, Worldwide
- Cinedigm partners with Vewd for global OTT channel distribution
- 3SS and Technicolor upgrade Com Hem Tv Hub to Android P
- Pay TV ARPU at record high levels in the Nordics
- Applicaster Quick Brick Framework speeds video app development
- Evolution Digital launches Android TV device management platform
- Zixi powers 4K UHD Bloomberg TV+ service
- Telekom Malaysia selects Skyworth as 4K Android TV Operator Tier partner
- FourthWall Media adds Neilsen Smart TV ACR data to analytics platform
- TDS Telecom rolls-out IP video and Cloud DVR with Velocix
- A1now selects Vionlabs for AI-powered recommendations
- Global AVOD expenditure to double
- Gem Shopping Network to use Comscore TV measurement
- United Group makes strategic investment in Forthnet
- Disney+ and Apple TV+ both see success during first six months in the market
- Comcast, Charter and ViacomCBS announce Blockgraph partnership
- Britbox app now available on BT TV set-top boxes
- Conviva partners with Akamai on QoE intelligence
- ATRESMEDIA and smartclip deepen HbbTV advertising partnership
- Bouygues Telecom replaces set-top box with Smart TV app
- Comscore, Kantar extend measurement partnership with Auditel Italy