Digital TV News: Rob Tobias
Many announcements of HDMI 2.1 products expected at CES2019
Jan 7, 2019 – The HDMI 2.1 Specification was released in November 2017 and manufacturers of several products including semiconductors, TVs, AVRs, soundbars, and game consoles have made announcements on upcoming releases supporting the specification.
News categories: HDMI LA, HDMI Forum, Rob Tobias, Robert Blanchard, CES2021, Digital TV, USA, Worldwide
Shipments of HDMI products near 900 million units in 2017
Jan 8, 2018 – HDMI LA has reported that almost 1,800 licensed HDMI Adopters, representing a broad range of product categories, are expected to have shipped nearly 900 million HDMI-compliant products in 2017 for a total cumulative installed base approaching seven billion devices.
News categories: HDMI Licensing, Rob Tobias, Robert Blanchard, CES2021, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart Home, Worldwide
HDMI releases alternate mode for USB Type-C connector
Sep 1, 2016 – HDMI Licensing has released its HDMI Alternate Mode ('Alt Mode') developed for the USB Type-C specification. This will allow HDMI-enabled sources to utilize a USB Type-C connector to directly connect to HDMI-enabled displays.
News categories: HDMI Licensing, USB-IF, Rob Tobias, Jeff Ravencraft, Digital TV, Smart Home, Smart TV, Worldwide
HDMI Licensing launches HDMI 2.0 Certification Program
Oct 5, 2015 – HDMI Licensing has announced a Premium HDMI Cable Certification Program. The program tests that the cable can support the 18Gbps bandwidth required by the HDMI 2.0 Specification - a throughput typically needed for video formats such as 4K/UltraHD.
News categories: HDMI Licensing, Jeff Park, Rob Tobias, QoE, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV, Worldwide
MHL Consortium announces superMHL - first to support 8K
Jan 6, 2015 – MHL Consortium has announced the superMHL™ specification, the next-generation of MHL® technology for CE and mobile devices. superMHL delivers higher resolution and frame rates along with 40W of power charging, while broadening MHL’s reach by supporting 8K video resolution.
News categories: MHL Consortium, Rob Tobias, CES2021, Digital TV, Smart Home, Smart TV, Worldwide
MHL ecosystem surpasses 650 million products worldwide
Sep 22, 2014 – MHL, LLC has announced that more than 650 million MHL® products have shipped worldwide since the first MHL-enabled products were released in 2011. MHL technology brings HD multimedia content from a mobile device to a larger screen.
News categories: MHL, LLC, Rob Tobias, Market Research, Mobile, Smart Home, Worldwide
- Amazon announces new Fire TV devices and redesigned UX
- ENENSYS announces ATSC 3.0 head end for hybrid delivery
- AdLedger pilots OTT video ad deployment using blockchain
- VR market to grow despite pandemic blow to location-based segment
- Graham Media renews with Comscore for TV measurement
- 317 million SVOD subscriptions for the U.S. in 2025
- Clearcable adds Minerva Networks IPTV platform to offering
- Amino helps Colsecor add SENSA OTT to legacy set-top boxes
- 3SS provides technology for STINGTV app from Yes
- Discovery acquires assets of adtech start-up AdSparx
- SimulTV picks Limelight Edge services for global video delivery
- U.S. pay TV suffers historic cord-cutting
- SpotX unveils programmatic solutions for linear Addressable TV
- Sluggish growth expected for pay TV in India
- Vubiquity secures content services agreement with Liberty Global
- TV panel prices could rise by around 10% QoQ in 4Q20
- TV Red Digital chooses Anevia and Viaccess-Orca for ISP TV platform
- Azam TV extends contract and takes additional capacity with Eutelsat
- Comscore expands global Connected TV footprint with Samba TV
- Irdeto brings enhanced security services to Forthnet