Digital TV News: Roger Lynch
Sling TV introduces Cloud DVR beta, for Roku users
Nov 28, 2016 – Sling TV has announced that customers may request an invitation to participate in its cloud DVR beta program. Available first to eligible customers using Roku streaming players and Roku TVs, the cloud DVR beta program will begin in December.
News categories: Sling TV, Roku, Roger Lynch, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
Xiaomi brings 4K Mi Box to the US
Oct 3, 2016 – Xiaomi has announced that it is bringing Mi Box — its 4K Ultra HD streaming media player powered by Google's Android TV — to the U.S. market for $69. Mi Box will be available on Mi.com and in Walmart stores as well as Walmart.com.
News categories: Xiaomi, Hugo Barra, Sascha Prueter, Roger Lynch, Android TV, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
Sling TV launches on Apple TV
Jun 13, 2016 – Sling TV has announced the debut of its live and on-demand Internet TV service on Apple TV. The over-the-top provider’s suite of services are available to Sling TV customers once they download the app from the App Store on fourth-generation Apple TV.
News categories: Sling, Apple, Roger Lynch, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
Single sign-on coming to Apple TV
Jun 13, 2016 – Apple has announced new Siri capabilities, single sign-on for Apple TV and more features for users. With single sign-on, customers can authenticate all the video channels from their pay-TV providers by simply signing in once to enjoy all of their network-TV apps.
News categories: Apple, Eddy Cue, Roger Lynch, Hannibal Soares, Chris Albrecht, Content Protection, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Cinemax debuts on Sling TV
Feb 11, 2016 – Sling TV has added Cinemax to its programming lineup for $10 per month, marking the first time Cinemax is available to consumers on a live standalone Internet TV service.
News categories: Sling TV, Cinemax, Roger Lynch, OTT, USA
Sling TV releases App for Android TV
May 21, 2015 – Sling TV has launched its Android TV application for Google’s Nexus Player. Sling TV and Google are kicking off their collaboration with a promotion that gets Nexus Player into the hands of customers at half price.
News categories: Sling TV, Roger Lynch, Android TV, Apps, Placeshifting, Set Top Box, USA
Sling TV launches on Xbox One
Mar 17, 2015 – Sling TV has released its app for Xbox One, the first gaming console to support the live, over-the-top TV service. Xbox One joins other devices that support Sling TV, including Amazon Fire TV and Fire TV Stick; current-generation Roku players and Roku TV models; Android and iOS devices; and Macs and PCs.
News categories: Sling TV, Xbox, Roger Lynch, Mike Nichols, Apps, Games Console, OTT, USA
Sling TV OTT service launches in the U.S.
Feb 9, 2015 – Sling TV has debuted its live, over-the-top television service to customers in the U.S. The Sling TV delivers live sports, lifestyle, family, news and information channels, and Video-On-Demand entertainment to broadband-connected devices at home and on-the-go.
News categories: Sling TV, Roger Lynch, Apps, Digital TV, Mobile, OTT, USA
DISH Network to launch Sling TV OTT service
Jan 5, 2015 – Sling TV, a subsidiary of DISH Network (NASDAQ: DISH), has announced that it will launch an over-the-top television service in the U.S. in the first quarter of 2015, priced at $20 per month.
News categories: Sling, DISH Network, Roger Lynch, Joseph P. Clayton, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, USA
- New global launch dates confirmed for Disney+
- Viacom and ACCESS partner on automotive TV in Germany
- Australians turn to multiple subscriptions for entertainment
- Broadband usage patterns provide clues to imminent cord-cutting
- TELUS Home Assistant giving Optik TV customers hands-free voice control
- Amobee launches data marketplace for connected TV and multiscreen advertising
- Sky Media reveals power of addressable TV
- Charter agrees deal to distribute Disney streaming services
- Consolidated launches TV over Fiber-to-the-Premises in Columbia County, New York
- Global smart speaker sales grow 96% to 30.3 million in Q2 2019
- Comscore to provide measurement for Xandr's addressable offering
- CBS and Viacom to combine
- U.S. STB energy agreement savings top $5 billion
- GO Malta deploys Edgeware solutions for multiscreen TV
- Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost ~1.53 million subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Most smart speakers and video streamers are energy efficient
- Consolidated Communications launches CCiTV in Southern Maine
- HONOR Vision first smart screen device with Huawei's HarmonyOS
- Smart speakers with screens took off in 2018
- LG Uplus adds 92,000 IPTV subscribers in 2Q 2019