Digital TV News: Sony Electronics
Sony to launch 4K streaming service on April 4th
Mar 29, 2016 – Sony Pictures Home Entertainment has announced that the studio’s new 4K Ultra HD movie streaming service, ULTRA, will debut April 4, 2016 on new Sony 4K television models in the United States.
News categories: Sony Pictures, Sony Electronics, Jake Winett, Mike Fasulo, Digital TV, OTT, Smart TV, USA
Sony announces Android TV 4K HDR Ultra HD televisions
Feb 16, 2016 – Sony Electronics has announced a lineup of 4K HDR Ultra HD televisions, the XBR-X850D and the XBR-X930D/XBR-X940D series, with Sony picture enhancing technologies. All of the TVs feature Google’s Android TV operating system.
News categories: Sony Electronics, Sunil Nayyar, Android TV, Digital TV, Smart Home, Smart TV, USA
Netflix announces 'Netflix Recommended TV' program
Jan 5, 2015 – Netflix (NASDAQ: NFLX) has announced its 'Netflix Recommended TV' program, an independent smart TV evaluation program to help consumers identify televisions built for a superior Internet TV experience.
News categories: Netflix, Neil Hunt, CES2020, Digital TV, OTT, Smart TV, USA
Tata Sky unveils plans for 4K set top box
Jul 5, 2014 – Tata Sky has announced plans to launch 4k set top boxes in India early next year. The plans were unveiled when Tata Sky showcased the first ever Live telecast with 4K technology on SONY SIX HD using a 4k set top box.
News categories: Tata Sky, Vikram Mehra, Prasana Krishnan, Digital TV, India, Satellite, Set Top Box
Sony introduces BRAVIA Smart Stick with Google Services
Sep 18, 2013 – Sony Electronics has announced its next-generation smart TV device, the NSZ-GU1 BRAVIA Smart Stick, making it easier for owners of Sony's 2013 TV line-up to discover and watch exactly what they want, from TV programming to apps and websites.
News categories: Sony Electronics, Jamie Marsh, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Sony launches world's first 4K Ultra HD video download service
Sep 4, 2013 – Sony has annopunced the launch of its Video Unlimited 4K service, the world's first and only 4K Ultra HD video download service, with access to an expanding library of native 4K Ultra HD feature films and TV shows.
News categories: Sony Corp, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Ensequence, Sony Reach Connected TV Deal
Dec 4, 2012 – Ensequence and Sony have reached a multi-year deal to embed Ensequence's platform software on all Sony Connected TVs. The collaboration offers advertisers and programmers a way to engage viewers directly with TV ads and shows.
News categories: Ensequence, Sony Electronics, Advertising, Middleware, Smart TV
eyeIO Unveils Breakthrough Video Encoding Technology, Netflix First to Deploy
Feb 1, 2012 – eyeIO has announced its first commercial license agreement, with Netflix (NASDAQ: NFLX). eyeIO video encoding is fully compliant with existing standards, making high quality video available anywhere in the world, on any connected device.
News categories: Netflix, eyeIO, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT
Networking Becomes Key Feature for Flat Panel TVs
Nov 2, 2011 – In 2011, more than 27% of TVs shipped worldwide will be able to connect to a network, a figure that is expected to rise 54% to 155 million by 2015, according to DisplaySearch.
News categories: DisplaySearch, Digital TV, IFA2019, Market Research, OTT, Smart Home, Smart TV
- Allegro DVT unveils VVC compliance test bitstreams
- Synamedia partners with USSI Global for the U.S. market
- Disney+ brings forward EMEA launch date
- BARB begins reporting reach and time spent viewing across screens
- Synamedia partners with World Wide Technology
- Realtek, Jiuzhou join NAGRA Android TV Reference Program for Pay TV operators
- ENENSYS DVB-SIS solution ready for deployment
- Syncbak to debut simplified OTT syndication and monetization tools at NATPE 2020
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues
- Indian communication satellite GSAT-30 launched successfully
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service
- Comscore TV viewing data used to predict advertising audience decline
- Majority of U.S. advertisers using Advanced TV solutions
- US broadband households interested in innovative offerings accessed via TV
- U.S. advertising and marketing spend to grow to $390 billion in 2020
- Bannister Lake integrates MPEG-DASH into data aggregation workflow
- NextGen TV offers clear upside potential according to BIA
- ANA and Innovid release Connected TV insights report
- Insight TV taps Amagi for OTT channel distribution
- Cincinnati Bell, Hawaiian Telcom partner with YouTube TV