Digital TV News: VITEC
VITEC acquires Telairity
Nov 15, 2018 – VITEC, a worldwide leader in advanced video encoding and streaming solutions, has announced that it has acquired Telairity, a provider of H.264 encoding workflow solutions to broadcasters worldwide.
News categories: VITEC, Telairity, Mark D’Addio, Matt McKee, Content Distribution, Digital TV, MnA, Worldwide
VITEC acquires stake in Anevia
Jan 11, 2017 – VITEC has announced that it has become a shareholder of Anevia. VITEC now owns 8 percent of Anevia's share capital through an over-the-counter transaction of a block of shares.
News categories: VITEC, Anevia, Philippe Wetzel, Laurent Lafarge, Content Distribution, Digital TV, MnA, Worldwide
Nagra DTT solution launches in Tanzania with BTL
May 29, 2013 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that its MediaAccess smartcard solution for digital terrestrial television (DTT) has launched in Tanzania with digital broadcast service provider Basics Transmissions Limited (BTL).
News categories: NAGRA, CAM, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Tanzania, Terrestrial
HISPASAT makes first transmissions of second generation 3DTV
Jul 4, 2012 – HISPASAT has made the world's first demonstration of the JEDI television channel in 3D compatible with the MVC (Multiview Video Coding) format. With this format it's possible to transmit the same content in HD and 3D Full HD on the same signal.
News categories: HISPASAT, JEDI consortium, Digital TV, Satellite, VR
36 bidders for South Africa's DTT STB tender
May 9, 2012 – South Africa has announced the results of its tender for the production of set-top boxes to be provided to subsidised households. Bids were received from 36 STB manufacturers plus 4 service providers offering to facilitate the migration process.
News categories: Digital TV, Set Top Box, South Africa, Terrestrial
Increased HD Programming Bolsters the Integrated Receiver Decoder Shipments
Apr 8, 2010 – The professional integrated receiver decoder (IRD) market will grow unit shipments steadily over the next several years, though revenue will be hampered by falling average selling prices (ASPs), reports In-Stat.
News categories: In-Stat, Content Distribution, Market Research
- VR consumer content revenue to exceed $7 billion in 2025
- XroadMedia to power hyper-personalization at ZEE5
- Ericsson predicts 40% of mobile subscriptions in 2026 will be 5G
- Pay TV revenue in New Zealand to follow -3.1% CAGR
- iQIYI International available for ZEASN-based smart devices
- Growing demand for smart displays driving smart speaker sales
- Forthnet becomes part of United Group
- Anevia powers Skymedia's SkyGo service in Mongolia
- UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV ads in the next 12 months
- NetRange moves browser to the Cloud for low-cost Smart TVs
- Over 13 billion Smart Home devices in use by 2025
- MultiChoice picks Metrological to deliver OTT services on DStv
- Oregan Networks builds on Amlogic's Android TV reference platform
- Bitmovin and OKAST team up to deliver live and VOD streaming
- 61% of US broadband households subscribe to two or more OTT services
- 14% of Australians plan to cancel pay TV as a result of the pandemic
- Eutelsat 7/8°W predominant broadcast position for Egyptian TV homes
- NEXTGEN TV launches on local TV in Norfolk, VA
- Universal Electronics to launch Apple TV remote control for MVPDs
- Nielsen unveils new ID resolution system