Digital TV News: VITEC
VITEC acquires Telairity
Nov 15, 2018 – VITEC, a worldwide leader in advanced video encoding and streaming solutions, has announced that it has acquired Telairity, a provider of H.264 encoding workflow solutions to broadcasters worldwide.
News categories: VITEC, Telairity, Mark D’Addio, Matt McKee, Content Distribution, Digital TV, MnA, Worldwide
VITEC acquires stake in Anevia
Jan 11, 2017 – VITEC has announced that it has become a shareholder of Anevia. VITEC now owns 8 percent of Anevia's share capital through an over-the-counter transaction of a block of shares.
News categories: VITEC, Anevia, Philippe Wetzel, Laurent Lafarge, Content Distribution, Digital TV, MnA, Worldwide
Nagra DTT solution launches in Tanzania with BTL
May 29, 2013 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that its MediaAccess smartcard solution for digital terrestrial television (DTT) has launched in Tanzania with digital broadcast service provider Basics Transmissions Limited (BTL).
News categories: NAGRA, CAM, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Tanzania, Terrestrial
HISPASAT makes first transmissions of second generation 3DTV
Jul 4, 2012 – HISPASAT has made the world's first demonstration of the JEDI television channel in 3D compatible with the MVC (Multiview Video Coding) format. With this format it's possible to transmit the same content in HD and 3D Full HD on the same signal.
News categories: HISPASAT, JEDI consortium, Digital TV, Satellite, VR
36 bidders for South Africa's DTT STB tender
May 9, 2012 – South Africa has announced the results of its tender for the production of set-top boxes to be provided to subsidised households. Bids were received from 36 STB manufacturers plus 4 service providers offering to facilitate the migration process.
News categories: Digital TV, Set Top Box, South Africa, Terrestrial
Increased HD Programming Bolsters the Integrated Receiver Decoder Shipments
Apr 8, 2010 – The professional integrated receiver decoder (IRD) market will grow unit shipments steadily over the next several years, though revenue will be hampered by falling average selling prices (ASPs), reports In-Stat.
News categories: In-Stat, Content Distribution, Market Research
- Ofcom releases Media Nations 2020 report
- Mongolia's Skymedia upgrades to Minerva 10
- INVIDI extends addressable TV partnership with Tata Elxsi
- Finecast brings audience measurement to Australian BVOD platforms
- SVOD subscriptions grew by 28% in 2019
- ATEME negotiating acquisition of ANEVIA
- Charter residential video customers up 102,000 in 2Q 2020
- QNET Telecom selects ATEME for video transcoding
- Discovery joins On Addressability dynamic ad insertion initiative
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 477,000 in 2Q 2020
- 3SS and Hoppr enable monetization on Android TV
- Liberty Latin America to acquire Telefónica’s operations in Costa Rica
- Amagi delivers 30+ live and linear channels on The Roku Channel
- KDDI selects VisualOn media player for au Smart Pass
- PMG and American Tower partner to accelerate ATSC 3.0 SFN deployment
- Eurofins updates testing services for CI Plus 2.0
- Eutelsat 8 West B selected by Strong Roots for Ethiopian FTA DTH
- Yes partners with Synamedia to achieve broadcast-equivalent latency
- Seven broadcasters launch NEXTGEN TV in Portland, OR
- Global TV panel shipments decline 8.4% YoY in 1H20