VR (Virtual Reality) and Immersive Video News
VR consumer content revenue to exceed $7 billion in 2025
Nov 30, 2020 – Research from Juniper Research has found that consumer VR content will generate more than $7 billion in revenue in 2025, up over 160% compared with 2020. The primary driver in this space will be console gamers.
News categories: Juniper Research, James Moar, Gaming, Market Research, VR, Worldwide
Worldwide spending on AR/VR to deliver strong growth through 2024
Nov 17, 2020 – Worldwide spending on augmented reality and virtual reality (AR/VR) is forecast to accelerate out of the pandemic, growing from just over $12.0 billion this year to $72.8 billion in 2024, according to IDC.
News categories: IDC, Stacey Soohoo, Tom Mainelli, Market Research, VR, Worldwide
Brainstorm coordinates AdMiRe mixed reality R&D project
Nov 17, 2020 – Brainstorm is coordinating AdMiRe, an EU-funded project that focuses on the development and validation of Mixed Reality solutions to improve interest and participation of TV audiences as well as the generation of more attractive content.
News categories: AdMiRe, Brainstorm, Javier Montesa, Francisco Ibáñez, Digital TV, EU, VR
Condense Reality secures £800k seed investment
Oct 7, 2020 – Condense Reality, a virtual reality startup developing technology to transform how viewers watch live entertainment and sports, has raised a seed round of more than £800,000, including £220,000 from SFC Capital.
News categories: Condense Reality, SFC Capital, BT Sport, Nick Fellingham, Stephen Page, Digital TV, OTT, UK, VR, Worldwide
VR market to grow despite pandemic blow to location-based segment
Sep 24, 2020 – ABI Research expects the VR market to grow in 2020 despite some negative impacts from COVID-19. The pandemic, however, has accelerated some trends and increased interest and adoption of immersive technologies.
News categories: ABI Research, Michael Inouye, COVID-19, Market Research, VR, Worldwide
VR headset market expected to grow despite short-term decline
Sep 16, 2020 – As the world continues to deal with the pandemic, the market for virtual reality (VR) headsets is expected to decline 6.7% in 2020 before returning to double-digit growth of 46.2% in 2021, according to IDC.
News categories: IDC, Digital TV, Market Research, VR, Worldwide
TV3 to trial 5G immersive sport at Superbike World Championship
Sep 15, 2020 – Catalonia's TV3 is to trial a 5G immersive sport experience at the MOTUL FIM Superbike World Championship (WorldSBK), due to take place at Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya from the 18th to 20th of September.
News categories: TV3, Guttmann Institute, IRI-UPC, Kataclack, Vodafone, 5G, Digital TV, Spain, VR
China Mobile deploys advanced playback features from VisualOn
Sep 3, 2020 – VisualOn and VLA VR have partnered with China Mobile subsidiary MIGU Video to transform the mobile video experience. Innovative playback features will help China Mobile continue to grow its 5G subscriber base.
News categories: VisualOn, VLA VR, MIGU Video, China Mobile, Michael Jones, China, Digital TV, Media Player, Mobile, VR
AR/VR device shipments projected to reach 43.2 million units in 2025
Jul 23, 2020 – Total shipments of AR/VR devices are expected to reach 5.12 million units in 2020, according to TrendForce. The market is projected to have a compound annual growth rate of 53.1% from 2020 to 2025.
News categories: TrendForce, Jason Tsai, Digital TV, Market Research, VR, Worldwide
- Magnite to manage ad placement for Brazil's NetMovies
- Acxiom and Totalplay to provide addressable audiences in Mexico
- Undertone launches CTV ad solution for improved consumer engagement
- More than seventy 8K TVs now certified by the 8K Association
- Ocean Blue Software acquires Advanced Media Group from EKT
- DVB approves commercial requirements for DVB-I over 5G
- V-Nova raises €33 million in series C round
- AT&T premium TV down 473k; Vrio down 239k; HBO up 3.6M video subs in 2Q 2021
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 62,000 in 2Q 2021
- Astro launches STB for TV without a satellite dish
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV solutions
- Freesat 4K STB receives EICS certification with DTG Testing
- Cox Media Group Local Solutions partners with Amazon Advertising
- Samba TV announces global TV viewership dashboard
- Sky Brasil's SKY Connect 4K Android TV DVR powered by Wyplay
- NBCUniversal adopts Ad-ID for its One Platform
- Redbox to expand free live TV content with Wurl
- ThinkAnalytics rebrands its suite as 'Think360'
- Grupo Werthein to buy AT&T's Vrio operations
- ITV and Sky upgrade their commercial partnership