Big Data (Audience Measurement, Personalisation, Metadata, AI, Content Identification, Ad Insertion)
Pixalate releases Q3 2023 CTV SSP market share reports
Nov 6, 2023 – Pixalate has released its Q3 2023 CTV Supply Side Platform (SSP) Market Share Reports for Apple TV, Roku, Samsung TV, and Amazon Fire TV.
News categories: Pixalate, Advertising, Digital TV, Europe, Latin America, Market Research, North America, Streaming
84% of U.S. advertisers to increase FAST investments in 2024
Nov 8, 2023 – Xumo and Comcast Advertising have released a report exploring the growing usage of FAST among advertisers and consumers in the U.S., and the role it is playing in multiscreen TV advertising plans.
News categories: Comcast Advertising, Xumo, Marcien Jenckes, Megan Halscheid, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
VIZIO exploring partnerships with other TV OEMs
Nov 9, 2023 – In VIZIO's Q3 2023 results release, the company's CEO said that VIZIO is beginning to explore partnerships with other TV OEMs looking for alternatives within the CTV market.
News categories: VIZIO, William Wang, Advertising, Digital TV, Smart TV, TV OS, USA
TitanTV to provide Red Bee data to BitRouter for NEXTGEN TV receivers
Nov 9, 2023 – Red Bee Media, via TitanTV, is to provide data for integration into BitRouter's NEXTGEN TV products and services, including the provision of DVR listings information for set-top boxes.
News categories: Red Bee Media, BitRouter, TitanTV, Jason Marchese, Gopal Miglani, ATSC 3, Big Data, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA, UX
NBCUniversal to air shoppable TV episodes with Walmart
Nov 6, 2023 – Walmart and NBCUniversal have announced a partnership that allows Bravo fans to 'shop the moment' on Peacock. Fans can shop directly from the retailer while tuning in to 'Below Deck Mediterranean'.
News categories: NBCUniversal, Walmart, Josh Feldman, William White, Advertising, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
Roku releases third quarter 2023 results
Nov 1, 2023 – Roku (NASDAQ: ROKU) has released third quarter 2023 results. In Q3, Roku grew Active Accounts to 75.8 million globally. Sequential net adds of 2.3 million accelerated quarter over quarter.
News categories: Roku, Advertising, Digital TV, Results, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming, TV OS, USA, Worldwide
Foxtel selects Kantar for STB return path audience measurement
Oct 26, 2023 – Foxtel Media has selected Kantar to deliver a new audience measurement service, ingesting data collected from Foxtel subscribers’ set top boxes using return path data technology.
News categories: Foxtel Media, Kantar, Mark Frain, Keld Nielsen, Advertising, Australia, Digital TV, Set Top Box
AMC Networks enables programmatic ad buying on linear networks
Oct 26, 2023 – AMC Networks has enabled programmatic ad buying on three of its linear networks, allowing advertisers to purchase ad inventory using their existing programmatic buying platforms.
News categories: AMC Networks, FreeWheel, The Trade Desk, Canoe Ventures, Evan Adlman, Mark McKee, Tim Sims, Shenan Reed, Advertising, Digital TV, USA
Disney+ expands ad automation and measurement capabilities
Oct 27, 2023 – Disney+ has announced that advanced audience targeting; additional programmatic marketplaces; expanded ad formats and enriched measurement are all now available to advertisers using the service.
News categories: Disney, Disney+, Rita Ferro, Advertising, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
- Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
- Proximus optimises delivery of Pickx with Velocix Analytics
- Traditional US pay-TV services face continued decline
- Edgio adds player-independent video performance reports
- Flat panel display oversupply to continue into 2024
- Japan SVOD service revenue to reach $6 billion in 2027
- Ateme powers NT's sports video contribution in Asia and beyond
- Global TV shipments to fall below 197 million units in 2023
- WSTS revises semiconductor growth projections slightly upward
- Go Addressable becomes industry trade body
- NorDig releases IRD 3.2.1 and Test Plan 3.2.1 specs
- Improved tool helps ensure interoperability of DASH delivery
- Growth in global SVOD subscriptions to continue
- LG announces organizational restructuring
- HbbTV updates Operator Application specification
- Bouygues Telecom streams video in Multicast ABR with Broadpeak
- iWedia releases test solution for HbbTV device compliance
- Utomik to bring cloud gaming to VIDAA Smart TVs
- Avid provides Iceland's RÚV with ingest and playout solution
- Global pay TV penetration to fall for the first time in 2024