DTMB (DMB-T/H) – Digital Terrestrial Multimedia Broadcast – GB 20600-2006; DMB-T+ADTB-T – News
Elonics Releases E4001 Dual Band Digital Terrestrial TV Tuner
Apr 15, 2010 – Elonics has production released the E4001, a highly integrated dual-band RF tuner IC implemented in CMOS, ideal for digital TV and radio broadcast receiver solutions. The E4001 has been specifically developed for STB and TV modules.
News categories: Elonics, Digital TV, DTMB, ICs, ISDB-T, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
Microtune DTV Chipset Delivers Highest-Quality Reception to China's TV Manufacturers
Mar 10, 2010 – Microtune (NASDAQ: TUNE) has announced a digital TV receiver chipset compliant with China's GB20600-2006 National Standard for DTV broadcast. The chipset consists of Microtune's MT3141 RF receiver with one of its MT886x demodulators.
News categories: Microtune, CCBN, China, Digital TV, DTMB, ICs, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Terrestrial
Hong Kong Digital TV penetration rate up 40%
Jan 20, 2010 – About 46.5% of Hong Kong families, or 1.06 million households, receive digital terrestrial television services according to a December survey, showing the penetration rate has grown more than 40% since the end of 2008.
News categories: DTMB, Hong Kong, Market Research, Terrestrial
i-CABLE submits Hong Kong Domestic Free TV Programme Service Licence application
Jan 15, 2010 – i-CABLE Communication has confirmed that an application for a Domestic Free Television Programme Service Licence in Hong Kong has been submitted to the Government.
News categories: i-CABLE, Cable TV, Content Distribution, DTMB, Fibre, Hong Kong, Regulation
Global and China Digital STB (Set-top Box) Market Report, 2009
Jan 12, 2010 – In 2009, the overall conversion to digital TV was completed in 177 cities across China, and cable TV subscribers reached 19.9 million. In the cable set-top box (STB) chip market, STMicroelectronics enjoyed the biggest market share.
News categories: ResearchInChina, Cable TV, China, Digital TV, DTMB, DVR, Market Research, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Subscribers, Terrestrial
City Telecom Applies For Free-to-air TV Service Licence in Hong Kong
Dec 31, 2009 – City Telecom (HKEX: 1137, NASDAQ: CTEL) has submitted an application for a Domestic Free Television Programme Service in Hong Kong. City Telecom already provides subscription-based video services over the internet via HKBN, a wholly-owned subsidiary.
News categories: City Telecom, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DTMB, Fibre, Hong Kong, Regulation
NXP Sets a Benchmark For Silicon Tuners With the New TDA18272
Dec 10, 2009 – NXP Semiconductors has announced the availability of the TDA18272. The DVB-T2-enabled TDA18272 supports all analog and digital TV standards worldwide, helping TV manufacturers get ready for the next-generation of TV sets
News categories: NXP, ATSC 3, Cable TV, Digital TV, DTMB, DVB-T2, ICs, ISDB-T, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
Microtune Introduces Receiver Chip For Worldwide Digital TV Markets
Dec 10, 2009 – Microtune (NASDAQ: TUNE) has introduced a world-standard radio frequency (RF)-to-baseband IC, based on a new, highly integrated silicon architecture, that delivers uncompromised TV receiver performance at a compelling new price point.
News categories: Microtune, ATSC 3, Cable TV, Digital TV, DTMB, DVB-T2, ICs, ISDB-T, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
Mirics and Shanghai HDIC deliver HD broadcast TV capability to PC users in China
Oct 12, 2009 – Mirics Semiconductor and Shanghai HDIC have announced the availability of a digital TV reference design targeting the full range of portable and desktop PC devices. The USB dongle reference design is compliant with China's DTTB standard.
News categories: Mirics, HDIC, China, DTMB, Peripherals / Accessories, Semiconductor, Terrestrial
- SoftAtHome implements Alexa voice control software for etisalat by e&
- Arabsat Badr-8 satellite successfully launched
- Streaming TV growth in Latin America driven by ad-supported viewing
- STARZ domestic OTT subscribers up 700,000 in 1Q 2023
- New DIRECTV STREAM customers get priority access to Telly waiting list
- Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin
- BeIN Media and Google Cloud announce media and broadcast collaboration
- Activated STBs grow to 3,166,461 for South Africa's Openview
- Singtel TV subscribers down 6,000 in 1Q 2023
- Orby Elevate selects EUTELSAT for DTH TV distribution in the US
- U.S. SVOD revenues to grow at a 6.3% CAGR over 2022-2027
- Netgem releases trading update
- IPTV to partially offset revenue losses in cable and DTH in Korea
- Player.pl available on Xbox consoles, powered by Redge Media
- CHiQ launches latest Google TV series in Europe
- Imagination launches GPU for smart home platforms
- BMW 5 Series to include TiVo video media platform
- Chopin launches streaming service in Poland with Nagra
- Airtel Digital TV subscribers down 39,000 in 1Q 2023
- HBO Max becomes Max