SES, Fraunhofer HHI and Newtec show 360° VR over DVB-S2X at NABShow
Apr 25, 2017 – SES (Paris; Luxembourg: SESG), together with Fraunhofer HHI and Newtec, will demonstrate an immersive Virtual Reality (VR) experience via a live 360-degree Ultra HD VR satellite broadcast at NAB 2017 in Las Vegas.
News categories: SES S.A, Fraunhofer, Newtec, Thomas Wrede, Ralf Schäfer, Hans Massart, Content Distribution, DVB-S2, NABShow, Satellite, USA, VR
VT iDirect tests next-generation DVB-S2X with SES
Mar 29, 2017 – VT iDirect has announced another successful over-the-air (OTA) test of its next-generation DVB-S2X technology. The test was conducted with the world-leading satellite operator, SES, over C-Band and achieved 5.7 bps/Hz.
News categories: VT iDirect, SES S.A, Wayne Haubner, Steven Cooper, Content Distribution, DVB-S2, Satellite, Semiconductor, Worldwide
MaxLinear offers three-channel satellite receiver for HD/UHD PVRs
Sep 12, 2016 – MaxLinear (NYSE: MXL) has announced the MxL532C, a three-tuner satellite receiver for personal video recorder STBs. The MxL532C integrates MaxLinear’s Full-Spectrum Capture satellite tuner technology with three demodulators.
News categories: MaxLinear, Will Torgerson, Digital TV, DVB-S2, DVR, IBCShowcase, ICs, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
LG Innotek adopts AltoBeam demodulator for DTV NIM
Apr 1, 2016 – AltoBeam has announced that, LG Innotek (LGIT) has selected AltoBeam's ATBM7823 demodulator chip, for LGIT's DVB-T2/T/C2/C/S2X/S2/S hybrid digital and analogue TV tuner module, the TDJN Series NIM.
News categories: AltoBeam, LG Innotek, Dr. Steve Chaohuang Zeng, Gil-Sang Park, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVB-C2, DVB-S2, DVB-T2, Satellite, Semiconductor, Terrestrial, Worldwide
Creonic releases DVB-S2X modulator IP core
Feb 22, 2016 – Creonic has announced the release of a DVB-S2X modulator IP core. The modulator core is the last piece and completes Creonic's core portfolio for DVB-S2X, namely receiver (demodulator and LDPC/BCH FEC decoder), LDPC/BCH FEC encoder, and DVB-CID modulator.
News categories: Creonic, DVB-S2, Satellite, Semiconductor, Silicon IP, Worldwide
Globecast adds satellite platform on AMC-11
Dec 14, 2015 – Globecast has announced that it has launched a satellite platform on the AMC-11 satellite. As a result, prospective and current clients can benefit from the most powerful orbital position in the US for distribution to cable headends.
News categories: Globecast, SES S.A, Eddie Ferraro, Steve Bunke, Content Distribution, DVB-S2, North America, Satellite
MEASAT and partners demo hybrid DVB-S2X/DVB-T2 4K 60p transmission system
Mar 2, 2015 – Village Island and Aviindos, in partnership with MEASAT, are planning a live demonstration of a satellite (DVB-S2X) and terrestrial (DVB-T2) hybrid 4K 60p transmission system at the upcoming ABU DBS Exhibition in Kuala Lumpur.
News categories: MEASAT, Village Island, Aviindos, Jarod Lopez, Jonathan Triboulet, Naveendran Murthy, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVB-S2, DVB-T2, Malaysia
Nippon TV and Newtec carry out world's first DVB-S2X 256APSK transmission
Mar 2, 2015 – The world’s first DVB-S2X 256APSK satellite transmission has been successfully completed by Japan-based Nippon TV with Newtec technology. The trial saw Nippon TV transmit 5MHz bandwidth with a 256APSK carrier from an SNG truck to the Superbird-B2 satellite.
News categories: Newtec, Nippon TV, Dirk Breynaert, Tetsuo Makino, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVB-S2, Japan, Satellite
DVB fosters licensing program for DVB-S2X patents
Feb 19, 2015 – DVB has announced that it is fostering the formation of a licensing program covering patents essential to the DVB-S2 Extensions (DVB-S2X) specification. The initial meeting of holders of DVB-S2X technology is scheduled for March 25th.
News categories: DVB Project, Carter Eltzroth, DVB-S2, Licensing, Patent, Satellite, Worldwide
- MENA pay TV revenues continue to fall
- FCA first automotive OEM with Alexa Custom Assistant
- Firstlight Media and NPAW optimise CDN switching for OTT providers
- ViacomCBS, DISH Media, Adcuratio enable broadcast inventory on MVPD STBs
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV measurement
- Philco launches Roku TV lineup in Brazil
- Chips&Media introduces WAVE6 series of video codec IPs
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue up 7.3% in 2020
- Kantar expands TV audience measurement panel in Georgia
- TDS introduces live, streaming TV product
- LG announces 2021 NEXTGEN TVs
- GTPL Hathway digital CATV subscribers unchanged YoY at 7.35 million
- Nordic consumers’ media spend unaffected by the pandemic
- Amazon launches mobile-only video plan in India
- VUALTO event orchestration and DRM chosen for ITV Hub VOD delivery
- Nielsen now tracking premium theatrical films on VOD platforms
- rlaxx TV now available on Amazon Fire TV and Android TV
- SK Broadband selects NAGRA forensic watermarking for IPTV STBs
- MovieLabs updates Enhanced Content Protection specification
- 24i integrates Float Left Roku framework with its app platform