ICs (Integrated Circuits), Chips, SoCs, Semiconductor Products News
ALi to showcase F8 STB SoC family at Convergence India 2019
Jan 25, 2019 – ALi Corporation has initiated further efforts to penetrate the Indian market with its next-generation F8 series set-top box chipset (M3711C). The SoC is due for wide deployment in 2019.
News categories: ALi Corp, Daniel Huang, Digital TV, ICs, India, Set Top Box
ONE Media and Saankhya show latest ATSC 3.0 demod ICs at CES2019
Jan 8, 2019 – ONE Media 3.0 (NASDAQ: SBGI) and Saankhya Labs in collaboration with VeriSilicon and Samsung Foundry have announced the successful launch of a multi-standard demodulator SoC supporting the ATSC 3.0 standard.
News categories: ONE Media 3.0, Saankhya Labs, Samsung, VeriSilicon, Mark Aitken, Parag Naik, Hong Hao, Dr. Wayne Dai, ATSC 3, CES2022, Digital TV, ICs, Korea, Mobile, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA
Synaptics chosen by SK Broadband for voice-enabled B TV devices
Jan 7, 2019 – Synaptics (NASDAQ: SYNA) has announced that its VideoSmart and AudioSmart IoT technologies have been selected by SK Broadband for its B TV consumer devices to be launched in 2019.
News categories: Synaptics, SK Broadband, Huibert Verhoeven, Sang Bum Lee, CES2022, Digital TV, ICs, IPTV, Korea, Set Top Box, Smart Home
ViShare to demo ultra-low latency 4K/60fps streaming over Wi-Fi at CES 2019
Jan 2, 2019 – ViShare will unveil a 4K codec chip at CES 2019. ViShare's VT4060 makes it possible to stream 4K/60fps videos over standard 5GHz Wi-Fi with a market leading performance in latency, reliability and video quality.
News categories: ViShare, CES2022, Digital TV, ICs, Smart Home, Worldwide
Amlogic debuts 4K TV set-top box chipset at BroadcastAsia
Jun 25, 2018 – Amlogic has announced the launch of the Amlogic S905X chipset with support for Netflix, and a 1GB DDR memory configuration designed for use on 4K UHD Android TV set-top boxes.
News categories: Amlogic, James Xie, Android TV, ConnecTechAsia, Digital TV, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Telechips announces SoC for 4K set-top boxes
Jan 10, 2018 – Telechips has announced their first ever 14nm finFET SoC for 4K STBs. STBs powered by the TCC899X SoC series decode 4K video at 60fps with a 4K UI while handling other requirements including: Dolby Vision, the advanced security capabilities of Nagravision, Cisco and Verimatrix, and other CA systems.
News categories: Telechips, BM Lee, CES2022, Digital TV, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
MediaTek announces chipset for HDR-enabled 4K smart TVs
Jan 9, 2018 – MediaTek has announced the MT5598 chipset for HDR-enabled 4K TVs. The MT5598 can be paired with a range of LCD panels, backlight combinations, licensed or free technologies and localized content standards.
News categories: MediaTek, Evan Su, Digital TV, ICs, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Worldwide
SiTune samples first tuner supporting Japan's 8K TV satellite standard
Nov 14, 2017 – SiTune has announced the availability of STN6528 production samples for its customers. The STN6528 is the industry's first tuner to support the Advanced Wide Band Digital Satellite Broadcasting Standard ISDB-S3 needed to broadcast 8K Super Hi-VISION digital TV via satellite.
News categories: SiTune, Socionext, Ben Runyan, Kenichi Katada, Digital TV, ICs, Japan, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV
MaxLinear launches 1-channel ATSC tuner-demod ICs for streaming boxes
Sep 15, 2017 – MaxLinear (NYSE: MXL) has announced the MxL69x family, the industry’s first family of single-channel integrated ATSC tuner-demodulator ICs. The family provides a solution for adding over-the-air TV to OTT STBs and streaming media devices.
News categories: MaxLinear, Will Torgerson, ATSC 3, Digital TV, IBC, ICs, North America, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Streaming, USA
- UEI providing voice-enabled remote for Astro's Ultra set-tops
- Ross Video withdraws from IBC 2021 exhibition
- Comcast brings XiOne streaming box to the U.S.
- Liberty Global to sell UPC Polska to iliad’s Play subsidiary
- Subscription fatigue in Australia? Not yet but on the way
- Sofia Digital working on a central service list registry for DVB-I
- Sony Pictures Networks India and Zee Entertainment negotiating merger
- Roku's Shopify app enables small business TV ad campaigns
- Americans move from bingeing on TV to social media in 2021
- VideoElephant makes 150 linear video channels available for licensing
- Android TV in 25% of advanced set-top boxes
- Pure TV launches in Ireland based on the Netgem TV platform
- FreeWheel and Strategus unlock access to CTV inventory
- SVOD subscriptions in Eastern Europe to double
- Roku introduces 4K and 4K+ streaming sticks
- rlaxx TV to monetise linear ad breaks with smartclip
- Conviva releases State of Streaming: Content Discovery report
- Roku OS 10.5 to begin rollout in next few weeks
- Altice France to acquire Coriolis Telecom
- Eltrona launches TV+ with ocilion