In-Car & Automotive TV News
Pearl TV and Phoenix Model Market announce 2021 NEXTGEN TV plans
Jan 7, 2021 – Pearl TV and the Phoenix Model Market partners have announced a push this year that will initiate ATSC 3.0 services in nearly 20 more cities by the end of the summer.
News categories: Pearl TV, Anne Schelle, ATSC 3, CES, Content Distribution, Digital TV, In-Car, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA
Gracenote launches sports data widgets for CE and auto makers
Jan 6, 2021 – Gracenote (NYSE: NLSN) has launched live sports widgets, leveraging its sports data, designed to help smart TV and auto manufacturers enable dynamic sports experiences for fans at home or on-the-go.
News categories: Gracenote, Simon Adams, Big Data, Digital TV, In-Car, Smart TV, UX, Worldwide
ACCESS Europe releases upgraded browser for cars
Dec 17, 2020 – ACCESS Europe has launched NetFront Browser BE for Car v3.0. The upgrade brings the latest standards support, security updates and media playback support to cars, including support for new Google services login requirements.
News categories: ACCESS Europe, Dr. Neale Foster, Digital TV, In-Car, Middleware, Worldwide
NEXTGEN TV 'Motown 3.0 Test Track' launched in Detroit
Dec 10, 2020 – Five local TV stations have banded together to launch NEXTGEN TV in Detroit. The broadcast advance signals the beginning of another project – the 'Motown 3.0 Open Test Track' for merging automotive applications with NEXTGEN TV.
News categories: Pearl TV, Brian Lawlor, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, In-Car, USA
ACCESS brings DW news to connected vehicles
Dec 10, 2020 – ACCESS and DW have announced a partnership that sees news delivered in multiple formats to connected cars. The collaboration enables car users to access news updates as audio, video or text alerts via the ACCESS in-vehicle infotainment solution.
News categories: ACCESS CO, DW, Dr. Neale Foster, Sven Eckoldt, Christian Kuehne, Germany, In-Car, Middleware, Worldwide
Vewd integrates support for BML and Hybridcast
Dec 3, 2020 – Vewd has announced support for Broadcast Markup Language (BML) and Hybridcast in Vewd Core. Vewd Core with BML and Hybridcast provides devices with a unified OTT and hybrid TV environment ready for the Japanese market.
News categories: Vewd, Aneesh Rajaram, Digital TV, In-Car, Japan, Smart TV, UX
36 million vehicles to ship with Android infotainment systems in 2030
Nov 18, 2020 – Shipments of vehicles with Android Automotive-based IVI systems will surpass shipments of cars with QNX-based systems in 2027, and with AGL-based systems in 2029, to reach 36 million units in 2030, according to ABI Research.
News categories: ABI Research, Maite Bazerra, James Hodgson, Stuart Carlaw, Digital TV, In-Car, Market Research, Middleware
Vewd announces cloud-managed in-vehicle entertainment platform
Nov 17, 2020 – Vewd has announced Vewd for Automotive, a white-labeled cloud-managed platform that brings streaming entertainment to car manufacturers and automotive infotainment platforms.
News categories: Vewd, Aneesh Rajaram, Digital TV, In-Car, Middleware, OTT, Worldwide
ACCESS announces BML browser on Android for cars
Nov 2, 2020 – ACCESS Europe has announced an enhancement to its NetFront Browser BML Edition for cars that extends support to Android. Broadcast Markup Language (BML) is essential for delivering interactive and TV services to the car in Japan.
News categories: ACCESS Europe, Dr Neale Foster, Digital TV, In-Car, Japan, Middleware
- 2021 shaping up to be year of programmatic TV advertising in Europe
- WarnerMedia RIDE app now available for U.S. Toyota and Lexus owners
- discovery+ launches on Xfinity Flex and soon on X1
- CommScope to spin-off Home Networks business
- Disney+ rollout in Southern Asia going strong
- Western Europe pay TV subscribers to fall by 4 million
- Spain gives international travel authorisation for MWC21
- $18 million of Series B funding for IRIS.TV
- 8K TV households to reach 72 million worldwide by 2025
- Delta Fiber selects Agama video monitoring and analytics
- CTA and NCTA extend STB energy efficiency agreement to 2025
- Altice USA completes acquisition of Morris Broadband
- MediaTek and Samsung introduce Wi-Fi 6E enabled 8K TV
- COVID supercharged online video and gaming consumption in 2020
- VlogBox uses Protected Media SDK for CTV ad fraud detection
- Ekstraklasa chooses Red Bee as technology partner for Ekstraklasa.TV
- Sony brings BRAVIA CORE film entertainment to BRAVIA XR TVs
- Minerva Networks deploys at Mahaska Communications in Iowa
- LG to withdraw from mobile phone market
- 27% of DTC streaming video services are shared in the U.S.