Content Distribution (service delivery platform, cloud video, media processing, CDN, satellite, transmitter, headend, …) News
Orange Slovensko Android TV STB runs on the nangu.TV platform
Oct 4, 2021 – nangu.TV has unveiled that the Android TV Operator Tier set-top box deployed by Orange Slovensko runs on the nangu.TV platform. The 4K UHD box was developed with CommScope and Viaccess Orca.
News categories: nangu.TV, Orange Slovensko, CommScope, Zdeněk Gerlický, Júlia Piovarči, Phil Cardy, Android TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, Slovakia, UX
Antenna Group acquires Sony Pictures Television Network's CEE portfolio
Oct 2, 2021 – Antenna Group has agreed with Sony Pictures Television to acquire the CEE AXN, Sony and Viasat 3 & Viasat 6 pay TV channels and On Demand services as part of a major investment in the region.
News categories: Antenna Group, Sony Pictures, Theodore Kyriakou, Adam Theiler, Content Distribution, Europe, MandA, Streaming
24i provides end-to-end streaming solution to Cinessance
Sep 30, 2021 – 24i has been selected to provide its end-to-end streaming platform to Cinessance, the first globally-accessible video on demand platform dedicated to French cinema.
News categories: 24i, Cinessance, Joachim Bergman, Clément Monnet, Content Distribution, Digital TV, France, Streaming, Worldwide
Synamedia offers 'zero compromise' 8K encoding using AMD EPYC processors
Sep 29, 2021 – Synamedia has announced that it has achieved 8K real-time encoding and streaming with ‘zero compromise’ on its VIVID Compression platform powered by AMD EPYC 7763 processors.
News categories: Synamedia, AMD, Elke Hungenaert, James Knight, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Worldwide
5G Broadcast and DTT can share UHF band and broadcast infrastructure
Sep 20, 2021 – Two new EBU reports conclude that a 5G Broadcast system could be safely introduced alongside DTT in the UHF band, and that broadcast towers could be used to enhance coverage and minimise the cost of roll-out.
News categories: EBU, 5G, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Terrestrial, Worldwide
NEXTGEN TV launched on five local TV stations in St. Louis, MO
Sep 23, 2021 – TV stations in St. Louis have begun broadcasting with NEXTGEN TV. The launch includes KDNL-TV (ABC), KMOV (CBS), KSDK (NBC), KTVI (FOX) and KPLR-TV (CW). BitPath led the planning process and deployment efforts.
News categories: BitPath, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
AlphaOTT partners with STI Telecom for OTT/IPTV headend services
Sep 21, 2021 – AlphaOTT, in collaboration with STI Telecom, has expanded the scope of its OTT/IPTV offering to include support for customers who are not ready to set up their own headend.
News categories: AlphaOTT, STI Telecom, Nick Ntigritakis, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
VideoElephant makes 150 linear video channels available for licensing
Sep 21, 2021 – VideoElephant has launched its Channels marketplace, a collection of more than 150 licensable, linear video feeds providing programming experiences for streaming platforms, digital media companies and brands.
News categories: VideoElephant, TCL, Stephen O'Shaughnessy, Feiyang Ding, Rob Dixter, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Pure TV launches in Ireland based on the Netgem TV platform
Sep 21, 2021 – Netgem TV has announced that it will be powering Pure TV, a new offering in the Irish streaming market. Netgem provides a TV service for ISPs that allows them to augment their broadband packages.
News categories: Netgem, Pure Telecom, Sylvain Thevenot, Paul Connell, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Ireland
- Tata Sky expands quality and availability monitoring with DataMiner
- Slow recovery in European pay TV revenues expected
- Share of smart TVs and UHD TVs in Germany continues to grow
- Vewd enables Smart TV for pay TV operators with Vestel
- LG brings more content to third-party TVs powered by webOS
- 70% of audiences reached via streaming are not reachable via linear
- t4h. Android TV remote control for SKY Brasil
- ATEME joins Google Cloud Partner Advantage Program
- discovery+ to launch in Canada on October 19
- LiveRamp launches enhanced TV platform
- Comscore enables deduplicated ad campaigns on YouTube and YouTube TV
- Four Hartford TV stations launch NEXTGEN TV
- Vestel rolls out Red Bull TV app to Smart TVs across Europe
- Viaccess-Orca powers Vialis hybrid DTT/OTT service
- TalkTalk selects Netgem for launch of 4K TV service
- 39% of U.S. OTT viewers access video services for specific content
- 60% of UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV
- Foxtel confirms syndication of Sky Glass streaming platform
- Survey highlights attraction of interacting with streaming video
- Yahoo and Tubi partner to streamline CTV ad buying