Content Distribution (service delivery platform, cloud video, media processing, CDN, satellite, transmitter, headend, …) News
TV Monaco starts operations supported by Qvest
Sep 25, 2023 – With the support of Qvest's expertise in systems integration and project management, TV Monaco has started operation as the first public TV station in the city-state.
News categories: Qvest, TVMonaco, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Monaco
Caretta Research: MVPDs must evolve into 'super aggregators'
Sep 21, 2023 – MVPDs must evolve into 'super aggregators' and forge strategic partnerships with historic competitors in order to defend their incumbent positions, according to Caretta Research.
News categories: Caretta Research, Quickplay, Ed Barton, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Market Research, UX, Worldwide
Ateme enables 5G Broadcast transmission in the U.S.
Sep 21, 2023 – Ateme has announced that its solution was used in the first U.S. transmission of a 5G signal over a licensed broadcast facility, in a proof of concept of 5G Broadcast to the FCC.
News categories: Ateme, Qualcomm, XGen Network, Mickaël Raulet, Lorenzo Casaccia, Frank Copsidas, 5G, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Du chooses DataMiner monitoring for broadcast and teleport operations
Sep 20, 2023 – Skyline has announced that du has chosen its DataMiner Platform for its new Al Qudra teleport as well as for monitoring of its new broadcast center providing DTH, IPTV and OTT services.
News categories: Skyline, du, Ben Vandenberghe, Saleem AlBlooshi, Content Distribution, Digital TV, QoE, UAE
Orange offers live video streaming with mABR in Spain
Sep 21, 2023 – Orange, DAZN and Broadpeak have deployed a multicast ABR (mABR) solution that enables the delivery of live content for mass consumption in a multi-device environment with the highest quality.
News categories: Orange, DAZN, Broadpeak, Carlos Ruf, Robin Oakley, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Spain, Streaming
Allegro DVT launches video encoder IP for 4K/8K video
Sep 12, 2023 – Allegro DVT has announced the availability of its E300 video encoder IPs, built on a higher performance architecture with support for resolutions from 4K60 up to 8K120.
News categories: Allegro DVT, Nouar Hamze, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2023, Silicon IP, Worldwide
ZTE unveils updated Cloud PVP solution at IBC 2023
Sep 16, 2023 – ZTE (0763.HK/000063.SZ) unveiled its next-generation Cloud Premium Video Platform (PVP) at IBC. Türk Telekom is using the solution to provide advanced experiences for its viewers.
News categories: ZTE, Türk Telekom, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2023, IPTV, Turkey
TVMonaco chooses OKAST streaming platform
Sep 11, 2023 – TVMonaco has chosen the OKAST streaming platform to provide a multiscreen OTT experience, as well as multiple channels for monetization and activation, content management, and rights management.
News categories: OKAST, TVMonaco, Cédric Monnier, Nathalie Biancolli, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Monaco, Streaming
DAZN Edge platform expands coverage in Europe with MainStreaming
Sep 16, 2023 – MainStreaming has announced the continued expansion of the DAZN Edge platform in DAZN’s core European markets. DAZN Edge is built with MainStreaming's proprietary Video Edge technology.
News categories: MainStreaming, DAZN, Antonio Corrado, Robin Oakley, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Streaming
- Hrvatski Telekom initiates Iskon integration
- PROEN deploys Qwilt and Cisco CDN solution in Thailand
- Akta powers AVOD, SVOD, Live Streaming and FAST for ViX
- Nielsen integrates measurement for Netflix's ad-supported plan
- CommScope to sell Home Networks business to Vantiva
- AMC Networks launches ad-supported version of AMC+
- Xumo launches Pioneer Xumo TVs at Best Buy
- VTV selects ENENSYS for distribution to DVB-T2 transmitters over DTH
- DIAGNAL and Lounges.tv extend technology partnership
- Global FAST revenues to hit $17 billion in 2029
- Videotex India's largest licensee manufacturer of webOS Hub TVs
- Tubi beta tests ChatGPT-powered content discovery
- Amagi partners with TAG Video Systems for FAST channel monitoring
- ViewNexa survey reveals dissatisfaction among streaming subscribers
- Cignal TV taps Quickplay for Pilipinas Live global sports app
- TiVo releases Q2 2023 video trends report
- Ateme powers Viacom18's Indian Premier League UHD experience
- Streaming now most popular TV source in Canada
- Pixalate releases H1 2023 EMEA CTV ad supply chain report
- Mirada to power MNC's Vision+ streaming service in Indonesia