ISDB-T (Integrated Services Digital Broadcasting – Terrestrial / 13-Seg / Full-Seg) News
GMA to begin DTT rollout in the Philippines
Dec 6, 2016 – GMA Network is spending $8.4m on transmitter facilities for its DTT project, while GMA New Media (NMI) has unveiled a prototype of a set-top box that can function as both a DTT receiver and a digital media player.
News categories: GMA Network, Felipe L. Gozon, Gilberto R. Duavit Jr, Content Distribution, Digital TV, ISDB-T, Philippines, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
Two million TVplus units shipped by ABS-CBN
Dec 5, 2016 – ABS-CBN has surpassed its year-end target of selling two million units for its digital television product ABS-CBN TVplus as of November. The development comes only three months after the company hit 1.6 million units.
News categories: ABS-CBN, Carlo Katigbak, Chinky Alcedo, Digital TV, ISDB-T, Market Research, Philippines, Set Top Box
STBs for Botswana DTT service expected in June
Feb 25, 2016 – According to the Botswana Government's Daily News, the target date for first availability of set-top boxes for the country's ISDB-T digital terrestrial television service is June this year.
News categories: Botswana, Digital TV, ISDB-T, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
Brazil opens consultation on specifications for Ginga C middleware
Sep 24, 2015 – Brazil's national standards body, the ABNT (Associação Brasileira de Normas Técnicas), has opened public consultation on technical specifications for Ginga C, the next version of the country's digital television middleware.
News categories: Associação Brasileira de Normas Técnicas, Brazil, Digital TV, Middleware, SBTVD, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
MaxLinear MxL683 ISDB-T STB receiver shipments pass 10 million
Sep 9, 2015 – MaxLinear (NYSE: MXL) has said that it has sold more than 10 million MxL683 ISDB-T receivers, for use in set-top boxes, to operator and consumer markets in Brazil, Japan and the Philippines.
News categories: MaxLinear, Yves Rasse, Brazil, ISDB-T, Japan, Market Research, Philippines, SBTVD, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Nicaragua adopts ISDB-T for DTT broadcasting
Aug 4, 2015 – The Republic of Nicaragua has decided to adopt the Japanese terrestrial digital TV broadcasting system (called the ISDB-T system) for its digital terrestrial television broadcasting (DTTB).
News categories: Telcor, Digital TV, ISDB-T, Nicaragua, SBTVD, Terrestrial
MStar develops Ginga STB platform with MOPA Embedded Systems
Jul 10, 2015 – MStar Semiconductor is supporting Brazil Analog Switch-Off (ASO) and the transition to richer digital TV services with a complete production-ready digital set-top-box platform developed in close cooperation with MOPA Embedded Systems.
News categories: MStar Semi, MOPA Embedded System, Ray Lung, Brazil, Digital TV, Middleware, SBTVD, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
MStar adopts TQTVD Ginga STB middleware for Latin America
Jul 10, 2015 – MStar Semiconductor has adopted TQTVD's AstroTV+ Ginga software solution to support the switchover from analogue to digital broadcasting in Latin America, especially for the Analogue Switch-off (ASO) transition in Brazil.
News categories: MStar Semi, TQTVD, Ray Lung, Brazil, Digital TV, Latin America, Middleware, SBTVD, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
GatesAir prepares Brazil's Rede VTV for transition to DTT
May 18, 2015 – GatesAir is preparing Brazilian TV broadcaster Rede VTV for a full ISDB-Tb digital TV transition in advance of the country’s 2018 analogue TV shutoff. As part of the solution, systems integrator Foccus Digital is rolling out multiple GatesAir UHF transmitters.
News categories: GatesAir, VTV, Foccus Digital, Joseph Mack, Marcus Mansur, Cesar Donato, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV, ISDB-T
- Pay TV revenues to plunge to $150 billion
- Sisvel announces first VP9 and AV1 patent licensees
- Comcast to bring HBO Max to Xfinity customers
- HBO Max launched in the U.S.
- Nordic households spending €149pm on media and access services
- SES unveils results of Philippines TV market reception survey
- Over half of U.S. adults watching more TV since the pandemic
- NEXTGEN TV begins broadcasting in Las Vegas
- Shifts in viewing behavior continue during COVID-19 pandemic
- Dailymotion and Huawei Video announce global video partnership
- SoftAtHome builds RDK-based video product for service providers
- Nordija integrates Yospace ad insertion technology
- iQIYI partners MediaTek for AV1-powered Ultra HD streaming
- Bitė to acquire Telecentras' IPTV business in Lithuania
- World's fastest internet speed from a single optical chip
- Disney+ attracts 2 million Australian viewers in 4 months
- Global TV shipments to fall 5.8% in 2020
- SpotX expands Measurement and Attribution Suite
- Nordic video markets riding high
- WarnerMedia announces further launch partners for HBO Max