Israel Digital TV News
Kaltura to migrate Cellcom TV to the Cloud
Sep 29, 2020 – Kaltura has been selected by Cellcom Israel to power Cellcom TV, the largest OTT TV service in Israel, with over 250,000 subscribing households. The service will be fully cloud-based and hosted on Amazon Web Services.
News categories: Kaltura, Cellcom, Nuno Sanches, Atara Litvak Shacham, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Israel, Streaming
3SS provides technology for STINGTV app from Yes
Sep 23, 2020 – Israel's yes (TASE: BEZQ) has incorporated 3SS technology in its STINGTV streaming service. 3SS developed an operator application, in both English and Hebrew, offering a full range of features for STINGTV subscribers.
News categories: 3SS, 'Yes', Kai-Christian Borchers, Itzhak Elyakim, Apps, Digital TV, Israel, Smart TV, Streaming, UX
Yes partners with Synamedia to achieve broadcast-equivalent latency
Jul 29, 2020 – Synamedia has announced that Yes (TASE: BEZQ) is deploying Synamedia’s end-to-end video network portfolio to achieve broadcast-equivalent latency for its cloud-based, internet-only TV services in Israel.
News categories: Synamedia, 'Yes', Yves Padrines, Itzhak Elyakim, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Israel
Blacknut and Israel's Partner TV to offer cloud gaming service
Jul 20, 2020 – Partner TV has been working with Blacknut to launch a cloud gaming service called Partner TV Gaming Powered by Blacknut. The new service will offer more than 400 family-friendly premium games.
News categories: Blacknut, Partner Communications, Olivier Avaro, Liran Dan, Apps, Digital TV, IPTV, Israel, Set Top Box
Vubiquity to power VOD stores at Partner TV in Israel
May 7, 2020 – Vubiquity (NASDAQ: DOX) has announced that it will power Partner TV's (NASDAQ, TASE:PTNR) VOD store with premium Electronic Sell-Through (EST) titles and will continue to provide the content library for its TVOD store.
News categories: Vubiquity, Partner Communications, Darcy Antonellis, Isaac Benbenisti, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Israel
Altice Europe terminates discussions on acquisition of Partner Communications
Mar 31, 2020 – Altice Europe (Euronext: ATC & ATCB) has confirmed that its fully owned subsidiary Hot has terminated discussions regarding the potential acquisition of Partner Communications.
News categories: Altice Europe, Partner Communications, Digital TV, IPTV, Israel, MandA
Hot submits offer for 100% of Partner Communications.
Jan 29, 2020 – Responding to market speculation, Altice Europe (Euronext: ATC & ATCB) has confirmed that its subsidiary Hot Telecommunication Systems Ltd has submitted an offer for 100% of the share capital of Partner Communications.
News categories: Altice, Partner Communications, Digital TV, IPTV, Israel, MandA
Kantar to continue delivering TV trading currency in Israel
Dec 11, 2019 – The Israel Audience Research Board (IARB) have appointed Kantar to operate Israel’s TV trading currency for the next seven years, with the option of an extension until 2030. The existing TV audience measurement service will also be expanded.
News categories: Kantar, Israel Audience Research Board, Eitan Kassif, Rony Aran, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Israel
Partner Communications selects Broadpeak for server-side ad insertion
Nov 13, 2019 – Broadpeak has announced that Partner Communications (NASDAQ and TASE: PTNR) will deploy its server-side ad insertion (SSAI) solution. With other Broadpeak technologies already deployed, Partner Communications will be able to deliver personalized ads within VOD content.
News categories: Broadpeak, Partner Communications, iFeelSmart, Jacques Le Mancq, Ronen Gutmanovitz, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, IPTV, Israel, UX
- Discovery+ launching on Sling TV and Dish TV
- FAST Channels TV provides linear channels for Digital TV Cyprus OTT platform
- Video streaming services lost further playtime per user in H1 2022
- BARB releases Establishment Survey data for the UK for Q2 2022
- Simulmedia and TiVo renew data-licensing partnership
- Paramount+ joins Roku Channel’s Premium Subscriptions lineup
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 85,000 in 2Q 2022
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 257,000 in 2Q 2022
- Over six million Android TV OS deployments for iWedia
- RTL Deutschland and Seven.One Entertainment to create addressable TV JV
- Charter residential video customers down 240,000 in 2Q 2022
- Access Advance adds further patent owners
- Disney+ app integrated on Foxtel set top boxes
- ADTH introduces ultra-compact USB ATSC 3.0 receiver
- ATSC 3.0-in-a-box from ENENSYS and Ateme powers WCRN Boston NEXTGEN TV
- Sinclair partners with Korean broadcasters to further NextGen broadcasting
- Linear TV viewing down as online long form viewing time continues to grow
- Auton and Anywave launch ATSC 3.0 broadcast internet test lab in Oregon
- OAN expands CTV reach with NetRange
- Liberty Global, Telefónica, InfraVia Capital to build fibre network in the UK