Vodafone UK fixed broadband to launch this summer
Jun 10, 2015 – Vodafone UK has launched Vodafone Connect, which will provide broadband and home phone services to customers across the UK later in the summer. Vodafone’s network already reaches exchanges which pass nearly 20 million premises across the UK.
News categories: Vodafone, Jeroen Hoencamp, Cindy Rose, IPTV, Router, UK
Safaricom launches mobile broadband connected STB
May 8, 2015 – Safaricom (NSE: SCOM) has announced the launch of a hybrid set-top box that will enable subscribers to view TV content and share data connectivity. Known as ‘The BigBox’, the STB allows subscribers to use Safaricom's 3G and 4G data network to access content.
News categories: Safaricom, Bob Collymore, Broadband, Digital TV, Kenya, Mobile, Router, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Terrestrial
Sequans and Expway deliver LTE Broadcast over Wi-Fi solution
Apr 21, 2015 – Sequans Communications (NYSE: SQNS) and Expway have announced the availability of a new platform for the delivery of LTE broadcast service to an LTE-Wi-Fi router, enabling all devices in range of the Wi-Fi router to receive the LTE broadcast streams.
News categories: Sequans, Expway, Craig Miller, Claude Seyrat, 5G, Middleware, Router, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Worldwide
Youku Tudou enters the hardware business
Dec 10, 2014 – Internet TV company, Youku Tudou (NYSE: YOKU), has announced the launch of its Cloud Entertainment business unit and the unit's first batch of hardware products consisting of a WiFi router, smart TV box, and large Android tablet.
News categories: Youku Tudou, Leo Yao, Victor Koo, China, Digital TV, Router, Set Top Box, Tablet
High-end gateways and STBs crowding out broadband routers
Nov 26, 2014 – Infonetics Research has released excerpts from its latest home networking report. The residential gateway and broadband router segments will continue to move in opposite directions as operators provide more advanced WiFi gateways to consumers.
News categories: Infonetics, Jeff Heynen, Digital TV, Gateway, Market Research, Router, Smart Home, Worldwide
32 million 802.11ac access points to ship in 2014
Sep 24, 2014 – The worldwide Wi-Fi customer premises equipment (CPE) market is expected to grow 11% in 2014. According to ABI Research, total shipments of Wi-Fi access points, routers, and residential gateways are set to surpass 176 million units by the end of 2014.
News categories: ABI Research, Jake Saunders, CPE, Gateway, Market Research, Router, Smart Home, Worldwide
Focus of home networking industry squarely on multiscreen video
Nov 8, 2013 – According to Infonetics Research, in China, South East Asia, Eastern Europe, the Middle East, and Latin America, the focus of home networking is first on expanding WiFi coverage, then quickly shifting to distributing multiscreen video
News categories: Infonetics Research, Jeff Heynen, Gateway, Market Research, Mobile, Router, Smart Home
Huawei widens lead in broadband CPE market
Jun 12, 2013 – Infonetics has released excerpts from its 1Q13 Broadband CPE and Subscribers report. Owing to the continued strong growth of FTTH and cable CPE, the broadband CPE market hit $2.2 billion in 1Q13, an increase of 6% sequentially and 17% from the year-ago quarter.
News categories: Infonetics, Broadband, Cable Modem, CPE, Gateway, Market Research, Router
Technicolor reports second half 2012 results
Feb 22, 2013 – Technicolor (Paris: TCH) has released its 2012 full year results. In the second half of 2012, Connected Home revenues totaled €671 million, up 29.9% at current currency and up 26.6% at constant currency compared to the second half of 2011.
News categories: Technicolor, Cable Modem, Cable TV, Gateway, Licensing, Patent, Results, Router, Satellite, Set Top Box
- Market turbulence set to define media industry in 2023
- Huawei brings stc tv streaming to its users in the MENA region
- Sky rolls out Entertainment OS 1.1 update
- Comedy most pirated genre of entertainment
- Viaccess-Orca and Broadpeak achieve 3-second latency for live sports streaming
- Globecast powers distribution of 2022 World Cup for New World TV
- Ateme reduces latency to under four seconds for Cyta's OTT channels
- Digiturk deploys Irdeto 360 Video Security Services
- ThinkAnalytics unveils new customer wins
- Netgem to initiate sale of activities other than TV streaming
- Synamedia delivers low latency World Cup streaming for Cellcom
- NEXTGEN TV broadcasting begins in Boston
- SkyShowtime announces line-up ahead of launches in Central & Eastern Europe
- Global online video subscriptions to reach 1.7bn in 2023
- BARB launches API giving clients direct access to viewing data
- Roku makes deal with Warner Bros. Discovery for The Roku Channel
- Trinidad and Tobago selects ATSC 3.0 for DTT
- Faurecia-Aptoide and Catappult launch app distribution hub for cars
- 24i supports launch of Philips Hue Sync TV App
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution