Zambia Digital TV News
Zambia contracts with StarTimes for DTT broadcasting system
Jul 10, 2014 – Zambia's Government has signed a US $9 million contract with Star Software Technology Company Limited of China for the supply, installation and commissioning of phase one of the National Digital Terrestrial Broadcasting System in the country.
News categories: StarTimes, Ministry of Information and Broadcasting Services, Emmanuel Mwamba, Bert Mushala, Ken Xie, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Terrestrial, Zambia
Zambia launches Digital Migration Policy
May 16, 2014 – Zambia has launched its Digital Migration Policy to provide guidelines for signal distributors and to develop market structures and a licensing framework for the country's 2015 switch from analogue to digital television.
News categories: Information and Broadcasting Services, ZICTA, Digital TV, Terrestrial, Zambia
MultiChoice expands DTT distribution in Sub-Saharan Africa with Intelsat
Apr 9, 2014 – Intelsat (NYSE: I) has announced that African direct-to-home operator, MultiChoice, is leveraging Intelsat capacity to expand the reach of its digital terrestrial television (DTT) offering in Sub-Saharan Africa.
News categories: Intelsat, MultiChoice, Nico Meyer, Grant Marais, Content Distribution, Ghana, Kenya, Malawi, Namibia, Nigeria, Rwanda, Satellite, Terrestrial, Uganda, Zambia
Digital TV penetration accelerates in Sub-Saharan Africa
Jan 8, 2013 – About 35.3% of TV homes in Sub-Saharan Africa took digital signals by end-2012, according to a report from Digital TV Research. The Digital TV Sub-Saharan Africa report forecasts that digital TV penetration will rocket to 95.5% by 2018 - with household numbers quadrupling to 49.0 million.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Africa, Angola, Côte d'Ivoire, Digital TV, Ghana, Kenya, Market Research, Nigeria, South Africa, Subscribers, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia
Sub-Sahara Africa's 'My TV' Secures DTH Operations With Conax Chipset Pairing
Mar 7, 2012 – Conax has announced that Nigeria-based pay-tv operator My TV is further extending its 6-year relationship with security partner Conax and has committed to deploying a Conax Chipset Pairing solution for its satellite platform.
News categories: Conax, My TV, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Conditional Access, Congo-Brazzaville, Digital TV, Equatorial Guinea, Ethiopia, Ghana, Malawi, Namibia, Nigeria, Satellite, Seychelles, Tanzania, Togo, Zambia, Zimbabwe
MultiChoice and Pace bring new digital TV options to Africa
Sep 7, 2011 – Pace (LSE: PIC) has announced that it has been selected by MultiChoice Africa to support MultiChoice's launch of its GOtv offering, which is bringing digital TV services to terrestrial subscribers in Sub-Saharan Africa.
News categories: Pace plc, MultiChoice, GOtv, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, Uganda, Zambia
GOtv pay-DTT service launches in Zambia
Jun 30, 2011 – MultiChoice Zambia (JSE: NPN)(LSE:NPSN) has partnered with the Zambia National Broadcasting Corporation (ZNBC) to launch pay TV in the country. The DVB-T2 service, called GOtv, is to launch on July 1st with 19 channels.
News categories: GOtv, ZNBC, MultiChoice, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Terrestrial, Zambia
SADC ICT ministers adopt DVB-T2 for digital terrestrial
Nov 24, 2010 – The ministers responsible for ICT in the Southern African Development Community (SADC) have approved recommendations that Member States should adopt DVB-T2 with MPEG-4 compression as the digital terrestrial standard for the region.
News categories: SADC, Angola, Botswana, Digital TV, DRC, DVB-T2, Lesotho, Madagascar, Malawi, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Seychelles, South Africa, Swaziland, Tanzania, Terrestrial, Zambia, Zimbabwe
Wananchi and Cisco Sign Multiyear Contract to Take Triple Play to Next Level
Aug 2, 2010 – Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) has announced that the Wananchi Group, Africa's pioneering provider of triple-play and VSAT services, has signed a contract for the purchase of Cisco® network technology solutions and services in East Africa.
News categories: Cisco Systems, Wananchi, Burundi, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Ethiopia, Kenya, Malawi, Rwanda, Set Top Box, Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia
- Netflix releases fourth-quarter 2019 results
- U.S. weekly time watching Netflix and Hulu up 20 minutes in 2019
- Allegro DVT unveils VVC compliance test bitstreams
- Synamedia partners with USSI Global for the U.S. market
- Disney+ brings forward EMEA launch date
- BARB begins reporting reach and time spent viewing across screens
- Synamedia partners with World Wide Technology
- Roku TV launches in Brazil in partnership with AOC
- Realtek, Jiuzhou join NAGRA Android TV Reference Program for Pay TV operators
- ENENSYS DVB-SIS solution ready for deployment
- Syncbak to debut simplified OTT syndication and monetization tools at NATPE 2020
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues
- Indian communication satellite GSAT-30 launched successfully
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service
- Comscore TV viewing data used to predict advertising audience decline
- Majority of U.S. advertisers using Advanced TV solutions
- US broadband households interested in innovative offerings accessed via TV
- U.S. advertising and marketing spend to grow to $390 billion in 2020
- Bannister Lake integrates MPEG-DASH into data aggregation workflow
- NextGen TV offers clear upside potential according to BIA