Zambia Digital TV News
Zambia contracts with StarTimes for DTT broadcasting system
Jul 10, 2014 – Zambia's Government has signed a US $9 million contract with Star Software Technology Company Limited of China for the supply, installation and commissioning of phase one of the National Digital Terrestrial Broadcasting System in the country.
News categories: StarTimes, Ministry of Information and Broadcasting Services, Emmanuel Mwamba, Bert Mushala, Ken Xie, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Terrestrial, Zambia
Zambia launches Digital Migration Policy
May 16, 2014 – Zambia has launched its Digital Migration Policy to provide guidelines for signal distributors and to develop market structures and a licensing framework for the country's 2015 switch from analogue to digital television.
News categories: Information and Broadcasting Services, ZICTA, Digital TV, Terrestrial, Zambia
MultiChoice expands DTT distribution in Sub-Saharan Africa with Intelsat
Apr 9, 2014 – Intelsat (NYSE: I) has announced that African direct-to-home operator, MultiChoice, is leveraging Intelsat capacity to expand the reach of its digital terrestrial television (DTT) offering in Sub-Saharan Africa.
News categories: Intelsat, MultiChoice, Nico Meyer, Grant Marais, Content Distribution, Ghana, Kenya, Malawi, Namibia, Nigeria, Rwanda, Satellite, Terrestrial, Uganda, Zambia
Digital TV penetration accelerates in Sub-Saharan Africa
Jan 8, 2013 – About 35.3% of TV homes in Sub-Saharan Africa took digital signals by end-2012, according to a report from Digital TV Research. The Digital TV Sub-Saharan Africa report forecasts that digital TV penetration will rocket to 95.5% by 2018 - with household numbers quadrupling to 49.0 million.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Africa, Angola, Côte d'Ivoire, Digital TV, Ghana, Kenya, Market Research, Nigeria, South Africa, Subscribers, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia
Sub-Sahara Africa's 'My TV' Secures DTH Operations With Conax Chipset Pairing
Mar 7, 2012 – Conax has announced that Nigeria-based pay-tv operator My TV is further extending its 6-year relationship with security partner Conax and has committed to deploying a Conax Chipset Pairing solution for its satellite platform.
News categories: Conax, My TV, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Conditional Access, Congo-Brazzaville, Digital TV, Equatorial Guinea, Ethiopia, Ghana, Malawi, Namibia, Nigeria, Satellite, Seychelles, Tanzania, Togo, Zambia, Zimbabwe
MultiChoice and Pace bring new digital TV options to Africa
Sep 7, 2011 – Pace (LSE: PIC) has announced that it has been selected by MultiChoice Africa to support MultiChoice's launch of its GOtv offering, which is bringing digital TV services to terrestrial subscribers in Sub-Saharan Africa.
News categories: Pace plc, MultiChoice, GOtv, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, Uganda, Zambia
GOtv pay-DTT service launches in Zambia
Jun 30, 2011 – MultiChoice Zambia (JSE: NPN)(LSE:NPSN) has partnered with the Zambia National Broadcasting Corporation (ZNBC) to launch pay TV in the country. The DVB-T2 service, called GOtv, is to launch on July 1st with 19 channels.
News categories: GOtv, ZNBC, MultiChoice, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Terrestrial, Zambia
SADC ICT ministers adopt DVB-T2 for digital terrestrial
Nov 24, 2010 – The ministers responsible for ICT in the Southern African Development Community (SADC) have approved recommendations that Member States should adopt DVB-T2 with MPEG-4 compression as the digital terrestrial standard for the region.
News categories: SADC, Angola, Botswana, Digital TV, DRC, DVB-T2, Lesotho, Madagascar, Malawi, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Seychelles, South Africa, Swaziland, Tanzania, Terrestrial, Zambia, Zimbabwe
Wananchi and Cisco Sign Multiyear Contract to Take Triple Play to Next Level
Aug 2, 2010 – Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) has announced that the Wananchi Group, Africa's pioneering provider of triple-play and VSAT services, has signed a contract for the purchase of Cisco® network technology solutions and services in East Africa.
News categories: Cisco Systems, Wananchi, Burundi, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Ethiopia, Kenya, Malawi, Rwanda, Set Top Box, Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia
- Comedy most pirated genre of entertainment
- Viaccess-Orca and Broadpeak achieve 3-second latency for live sports streaming
- Globecast powers distribution of 2022 World Cup for New World TV
- Ateme reduces latency to under four seconds for Cyta's OTT channels
- Digiturk deploys Irdeto 360 Video Security Services
- ThinkAnalytics unveils new customer wins
- Netgem to initiate sale of activities other than TV streaming
- Synamedia delivers low latency World Cup streaming for Cellcom
- NEXTGEN TV broadcasting begins in Boston
- SkyShowtime announces line-up ahead of launches in Central & Eastern Europe
- Global online video subscriptions to reach 1.7bn in 2023
- BARB launches API giving clients direct access to viewing data
- Roku makes deal with Warner Bros. Discovery for The Roku Channel
- Trinidad and Tobago selects ATSC 3.0 for DTT
- Faurecia-Aptoide and Catappult launch app distribution hub for cars
- 24i supports launch of Philips Hue Sync TV App
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution
- Breezeline Stream TV comes to Cleveland and Columbus, Ohio
- Sale of Millicom to Apollo Global Management and Claure Group in discussion
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 2.034 million in 2022