Digital TV News: ANA
Sunrise deploys Media Distillery to enhance TV user experience
Jun 28, 2022 – Media Distillery has announced that Sunrise has deployed its EPG Correction Distillery. Thanks to the technology, the operator’s DTV subscribers with the latest generation TV box now see accurate EPG start- and end-times for programmes.
News categories: Media Distillery, Sunrise, Liberty Global, Roland Sars, Tina Rodriguez, Chris van der Linden, Big Data, Cable TV, Digital TV, Switzerland, UX
Omdia expects pay TV & online video subscriptions to pass 3 billion in 2027
Jun 27, 2022 – Research from Omdia shows that online video subscription numbers continue to grow worldwide at impressive levels. Omdia finds that the global total increased from 1.14 billion at end-2020 to 1.34 billion at end-2021, up 17.7% year-on-year.
News categories: Omdia, Adam Thomas, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, Worldwide
U.S. streaming video consumers becoming more price sensitive
Jun 23, 2022 – According to The NPD Group, from October 2021 to April 2022, cost went from the #4 reason for cancelling an SVOD service to #2. According to NPD's latest study, consumers are also increasingly signing up for services based on promotional or discounted offers.
News categories: NPD Group, John Buffone, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
BuyDRM to provide streaming security for Samsung TV Plus
Jun 22, 2022 – BuyDRM has announced the selection of its KeyOS Multi-DRM platform to provide streaming security for Samsung TV Plus, Samsung’s free ad-supported streaming TV (FAST) platform. KeyOS is a content security platform for premium video content.
News categories: BuyDRM, OVHcloud, Christopher Levy, Thierry Souche, Digital TV, DRM, Mobile, Smart TV, Streaming, Watermarking, Worldwide
Horizon Media to trial Comscore Local TV measurement data
Jun 23, 2022 – Horizon Media is testing Comscore’s (Nasdaq: SCOR) local TV measurement solution as a new form of currency for 2023 planning and buying. The partnership follows Horizon Media’s commitment to transact up to 15% of Upfronts with alternative currencies.
News categories: Comscore, Horizon Media, Carol Hinnant, Eric Blankfein, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
Irdeto announces results for its 2022 financial year
Jun 23, 2022 – Irdeto has announced results for its 2022 financial year. Irdeto Video Entertainment continued to grow its global footprint, bringing new innovations to the market and supporting the needs of its customers.
News categories: Irdeto, Doug Lowther, Advertising, Android TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, RDK, Results, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Frost & Sullivan names Samba TV #1 in TV viewership data capability
Jun 23, 2022 – Frost & Sullivan has released findings of an analysis assessing the capabilities of eight leading television data providers. The '2022 Frost Radar on Television Viewership Data Providers' found Samba TV to be the leader in TV data capabilities.
News categories: Samba TV, Frost & Sullivan, Ashwin Navin, Robert Cavin, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Smart TV, USA, Worldwide
South Korea pay-TV revenues to grow slowly to $6.9bn by end 2026
Jun 22, 2022 – Pay-TV services revenue in South Korea is expected to grow marginally at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 1.14%, from $6.5 billion in 2021 to $6.9 billion in 2026, mainly supported by the IPTV segment, forecasts GlobalData.
News categories: GlobalData, Harendra Sharma, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Korea, Market Research, Satellite
By 2024, U.S. traditional pay-TV to have declined to 76.7 million households
Jun 21, 2022 – According to Parks Associates, U.S. pay-TV subscriptions and revenues are on a continuous decline as consumers embrace OTT services. The firm expects traditional pay-TV to decline to 76.7 million households by 2024, the lowest penetration in a decade and a 27% drop from 2014.
News categories: Parks Associates, Paul Erickson, Digital TV, Subscribers, USA
- Nielsen Admosphere to implement cross-platform TV audience measurement in the Czech Republic
- ASTA-NET selects CryptoGuard to secure IPTV services in Poland
- Redge Technologies extends contract with TVN Warner Bros. Discovery
- ViX+, TelevisaUnivision’s premium SVOD tier, debuts on July 21
- Eurofins releases updated NEXTGEN TV logo certification test suite
- Xfinity Stream app launches on Apple TV 4K and Apple TV HD
- Tencent Video available in NetRange Smart TV app store
- Gibtelecom launches new TV platform with Netgem
- izzi adds anti-piracy and extended threat defense technologies from Verimatrix
- MEO deploys Velocix CDN and cloud-native VRM platforms
- AminoOS deployed to Vodafone Iceland’s legacy Samsung STBs
- Bhimavaram Community Network chooses Skyworth for 4K RDK IPTV set-tops
- Synaptics selects Allegro DVT VVC compliance streams
- NextGen TV launches in Shreveport, LA
- Sunrise deploys Media Distillery to enhance TV user experience
- Vewd brings in-vehicle streaming to Renesas R-Car automotive chipsets
- Omdia expects pay TV & online video subscriptions to pass 3 billion in 2027
- SeaChange Advanced Advertising Platform selected by Armstrong and BEAM
- U.S. streaming video consumers becoming more price sensitive
- SES-22 to launch on June 29th