Digital TV News: AWS Elemental
Harmonic adds Google and Equativ to its ad-tech ecosystem
Sep 13, 2023 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) has announced that it is expanding its targeted advertising ecosystem through partnerships with ad tech platforms Google Ad Manager and Equativ.
News categories: Harmonic, Equativ, Google Ad Manager, Gil Rudge, Advertising, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2023, Streaming, Worldwide
Veset integrates cloud playout platform with AWS Elemental MediaTailor
Jul 25, 2023 – Veset's Nimbus cloud playout platform is now integrated with AWS Elemental MediaTailor, enabling users to build channels and insert personalised ads entirely in the cloud.
News categories: Veset, AWS Elemental, Gatis Gailis, Advertising, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2023, Streaming, Worldwide
Universal Tennis chooses M2A Media to syndicate its live match feeds
Apr 17, 2023 – Universal Tennis has chosen M2A Media's live IP transport product to automate, optimize, and manage the transport of its live match feeds to partners, affiliates, and third-party service providers.
News categories: M2A Media, Universal Tennis, Matt Hughes, Kelly Forese, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Worldwide
OCGL uses AWS to enhance video streaming and improve accessibility
Apr 17, 2023 – AsiaSat's OCGL is using AWS for live streaming and to roll out new applications and services swiftly without the need to worry about infrastructure stability and scalability.
News categories: AsiaSat, AWS, Roger Tong, OCGL, Asia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming
Globecast creates AWS-powered video headend for European telco
Apr 17, 2023 – Globecast has developed and launched the first video public cloud video headend, powered by AWS, for a major European telco, after joining the AWS Partnership Program last year.
News categories: Globecast, Sylvain Merle, Jean-Christophe Perier, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, IPTV
24i integrates with THEOplayer to enhance player support
Apr 12, 2023 – 24i and THEO Technologies have announced that THEOplayer has been integrated with the 24i Mod Studio platform, bringing premium video playback features to a wide range of devices.
News categories: 24i, THEO Technologies, Dr. Neale Foster, Steven Tielemans, Digital TV, Media Player, NABShow, Streaming, Worldwide
M2A Media to debut encoder-based ad insertion at 2023 NAB Show
Mar 27, 2023 – M2A Media is to launch its encoder-based ad manipulation (EBAM) at the 2023 NAB Show. EBAM handles SCTE-35 and SCTE-224 messaging to insert advertising at the encoder side of a live video workflow.
News categories: M2A Media, Matt Hughes, Advertising, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Worldwide
Thaicom and AWS to build cloud-based satellite TV broadcast platform
Mar 31, 2022 – Thaicom (SET: THCOM) has signed an agreement with AWS that includes the building of a cloud-based satellite TV broadcast distribution platform for the Asia Pacific region based on AWS Elemental media services.
News categories: Thaicom, Amazon Web Services, Patompob (Nile) Suwansiri, Clint Crosier, Asia, Content Protection, Digital TV
AWS powers global rollout and increased personalization of discovery+
Dec 1, 2021 – AWS (NASDAQ: AMZN) is powering the vast majority of Discovery’s infrastructure needs to deliver its discovery+ on-demand streaming video service, its digital services, and more than 450 linear TV channels to viewers around the world.
News categories: Amazon Web Services, Discovery, Inc, Kathrin Renz, Avi Saxena, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
- Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
- Proximus optimises delivery of Pickx with Velocix Analytics
- Traditional US pay-TV services face continued decline
- Edgio adds player-independent video performance reports
- Flat panel display oversupply to continue into 2024
- Japan SVOD service revenue to reach $6 billion in 2027
- Ateme powers NT's sports video contribution in Asia and beyond
- Global TV shipments to fall below 197 million units in 2023
- WSTS revises semiconductor growth projections slightly upward
- Go Addressable becomes industry trade body
- NorDig releases IRD 3.2.1 and Test Plan 3.2.1 specs
- Improved tool helps ensure interoperability of DASH delivery
- Growth in global SVOD subscriptions to continue
- LG announces organizational restructuring
- HbbTV updates Operator Application specification
- Bouygues Telecom streams video in Multicast ABR with Broadpeak
- iWedia releases test solution for HbbTV device compliance
- Utomik to bring cloud gaming to VIDAA Smart TVs
- Avid provides Iceland's RÚV with ingest and playout solution
- Global pay TV penetration to fall for the first time in 2024