Digital TV News: Actions Semiconductor
Actions Semi impacted by China's new OTT STB policy
Nov 30, 2015 – Actions Semiconductor (Nasdaq: ACTS) has reported results for the third quarter ended September 30, 2015. Revenue for the third quarter of 2015 was $13.0 million, as compared to revenue of $13.1 million for the third quarter of 2014.
News categories: Actions Semiconductor, Dr. Zhenyu Zhou, China, Results, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Streaming
Actions Semi launches 64-bit 4K OTT set-top box SoC
Nov 6, 2015 – Actions Semiconductor (Nasdaq: ACTS) has announced the launch of its GT7 chipset featuring 4K H.265 decoding, a quad-core 64-bit CPU and aquad-core GPU, targeting the over-the-top (OTT) set-top box market.
News categories: Actions Semi, Dr. Zhenyu Zhou, Digital TV, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Streaming, Worldwide
Actions Semi debuts SoC for tablets and OTT set-tops
Oct 21, 2014 – Actions Semiconductor (Nasdaq: ACTS) has announced that it has debuted a quad-core application processor offering for the tablet and OTT set-top box markets at the Asia World-Expo in Hong Kong.
News categories: Actions Semiconductor, Dr. Zhenyu Zhou, China, Digital TV, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Streaming, Tablet, Worldwide
Actions Semi licenses ARM Cortex-A50 for tablet and OTT STB SoCs
Jun 27, 2014 – Actions Semiconductor (Nasdaq: ACTS) and ARM (NASDAQ: ARMH) have signed a license agreement for the 64-bit ARM® Cortex®-A50 processor family. Actions plans to develop SoCs targeting the tablet and OTT set top box markets.
News categories: Actions Semi, ARM, Dr. Zhenyu Zhou, Allen Wu, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Silicon IP, Streaming, Tablet, Worldwide
Actions Semiconductor Expands Product Offering with the Introduction of New Series 28 Products
May 4, 2011 – Actions Semiconductor (Nasdaq: ACTS) has announced the introduction of its Series 28 product family. With a 1080p video engine and HDMI built-in, Series 28 allows users to enjoy HD content on a portable device, or through a television.
News categories: Actions Semi, ICs, Portable, Semiconductor, Tablet
MPEG IC Shipments on Track to Reach 2 Billion units
Feb 1, 2010 – As consumers access digital video on more devices, applications for MPEG digital video compression technology are expanding, particularly in portable devices, reports In-Stat. As a result, shipments of MPEG ICs will reach 2 billion units by 2013.
News categories: In-Stat, Digital TV, DVD, Market Research, Mobile, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Silicon IP, Smart TV
Actions Semiconductor Licenses MIPS32 24KEc Pro CPU
Mar 28, 2007 – MIPS Technologies (NASDAQ: MIPS) has announced that Actions Semiconductor has licensed the MIPS32® 24KEc(TM) Pro core to develop next-generation SoCs for portable, digital multimedia applications. More …
News categories: Digital TV, Semiconductor, Silicon IP, Tablet
Actions Semiconductor Starts Sampling Series 13 Product Family
Jan 9, 2007 – Actions Semiconductor (Nasdaq: ACTS) has announced that it has begun shipping samples of its new Series 13 product family. The Series 13 product family features a dual-core architecture supporting full video and audio functionality on larger QVGA color displays.
News categories: Actions Semiconductor, Digital TV, Semiconductor
- Roku launches player line-up for Germany
- 5G Broadcast and DTT can share UHF band and broadcast infrastructure
- SVOD household penetration in Malaysia to reach 27% in 2025
- Accedo powers Arabic SVOD service from TenTime
- Wurl unveils performance marketing service for streamers
- Origin selects Kantar for UK media measurement
- Germany to overtake the UK by SVOD subscribers
- Roku launches OneView ad platform for Canada
- NEXTGEN TV launched on five local TV stations in St. Louis, MO
- Redbox signs distribution agreement with Vewd
- SpringServe first independent ad server to integrate with IRIS.TV
- Robust growth forecast for SVOD revenue in India
- Latest Vestel TVs certified for DTS:X immersive audio
- Wiztivi develops UI for Sagemcom Video Soundbox STB
- AlphaOTT partners with STI Telecom for OTT/IPTV headend services
- UEI providing voice-enabled remote for Astro's Ultra set-tops
- Ross Video withdraws from IBC 2021 exhibition
- Comcast brings XiOne streaming box to the U.S.
- Liberty Global to sell UPC Polska to iliad’s Play subsidiary
- Subscription fatigue in Australia? Not yet but on the way