Digital TV News: Airbus
Eutelsat HOTBIRD 13G successfully launched
Nov 3, 2022 – Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) has announced that its HOTBIRD 13G satellite has been successfully launched into Geostationary Transfer Orbit by SpaceX. HOTBIRD 13G will replace three older satellites at 13°E.
News categories: Eutelsat, Eva Berneke, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Satellite
HOTBIRD 13G delivered to Kennedy Space Center
Oct 17, 2022 – A special aircraft has delivered Eutelsat's HOTBIRD 13G to Cape Canaveral in Florida. HOTBIRD 13G, a member of the 'Eurostar Neo' family of Airbus satellites, is the twin of the recently launched HOTBIRD 13F.
News categories: Airbus, Jean-Marc Nasr, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Satellite
HOTBIRD 13F successfully launched
Oct 15, 2022 – Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) has announced that its HOTBIRD 13F satellite has been successfully launched into geostationary transfer orbit by SpaceX using a Falcon 9 rocket that lifted off from Cape Canaveral on October 15th.
News categories: Eutelsat, SpaceX, Pascal Homsy, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Middle-East, Satellite
MEASAT-3d and GSAT-24 successfully placed into orbit
Jun 22, 2022 – An Ariane 5 launcher has successfully orbited two geostationary satellites, MEASAT-3d and GSAT-24. MEASAT-3d will provide redundancy and additional capacity at 91.5°E. GSAT-24 will provide TV and broadcasting services across India.
News categories: Arianespace, ArianeGroup, Stéphane Israël, André-Hubert Roussel, Asia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, India, Satellite
MEASAT-3d satellite ready for launch on June 22nd
Jun 14, 2022 – The Airbus-built MEASAT-3d satellite is in Kourou, French Guiana ready for launch on June 22, 2022. MEASAT-3d will be positioned at 91.5°E providing redundancy and additional capacity for video distribution in the Asia-Pacific region.
News categories: Airbus, Francois Gaullier, Asia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite
Dataxis reports on fixed satellite communication market
Dec 15, 2021 – According to Dataxis, after years of significant growth, the decline in traditional video activity in the most developed countries is being sustained. Some regions are still appealing for satellite video however, most particularly Africa and MENA, as well as Asia-Pacific.
News categories: Dataxis, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Market Research, Satellite, Worldwide
YouVue launches 3D sharing platform
Dec 19, 2019 – YouVue has launched a 3D sharing platform that will provide immersive viewing on any device, anywhere in the world. Unlike other 3D offerings, YouVue streams photorealistic experiences from any 3D media source to be consumed on everyday mobile devices.
News categories: YouVue, Joe Mikhail, Conrad Burke, Digital TV, Metaverse, Mobile, Worldwide
Successful launch of EUTELSAT 5 West B
Oct 10, 2019 – Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) has announced that EUTELSAT 5 West B satellite was successfully launched into super-synchronous transfer orbit by ILS using a Proton Breeze M rocket that lifted off from the Baikonur Cosmodrome at 12.17 pm CET on October 9.
News categories: Eutelsat, Rodolphe Belmer, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Middle-East, Satellite
OneWeb first launch mission a success
Feb 28, 2019 – OneWeb has announced the successful launch of its first six broadband satellites. The OneWeb network will provide high data throughput, low latency, global coverage to the poles, and a range of user terminals for multiple markets.
News categories: OneWeb, Adrian Steckel, Broadband, Satellite, Worldwide
- Bitmovin and MainStreaming partner to deliver broadcast-quality video streams
- New products and more countries for Amazon-built TV range
- Pay TV subscribers in Eastern Europe to fall to 73 million in 2028
- VIZIO selects Whip Media for WatchFree+ ad revenue reporting
- Qwilt partners with Telefónica to provide CDN services in Spain
- Ateme launches 'audience-aware' streaming solution
- SAPEC to develop encoder for first live 8K DTT broadcast
- Big Media launches The New Frontier channel with VlogBox
- Bedrock expands 6play max availability to more connected devices
- Slower AR/VR headset shipment growth expected for 2023
- Netgem completes sale of Fibre France business to Nordnet
- Integral Ad Science ad verification goes live with Netflix
- DoubleVerify media quality measurement now available to Netflix advertisers
- EU clears acquisition of VOO and Brutélé by Orange, subject to conditions
- Liberty Global Belgium to launch takeover bid for Telenet Group Holding
- Proximus extends partnership with ThinkAnalytics
- Allente launches Google TV device powered by 3SS and SEI Robotics
- Streaming TV now most-watched TV form in the EU5
- StarHub introduces interactive advertising with Hoppr
- Breezeline Stream TV launches in Pennsylvania