Digital TV News: Altice France
Altice France to acquire Coriolis Telecom
Sep 20, 2021 – Altice France has entered into an exclusivity agreement to acquire 100% of Coriolis S.A. Coriolis is a French independent Telecom group, offering mobile and fixed telecom services to more than 500 thousand customers.
News categories: Altice France, Coriolis, Grégory Rabuel, Pierre Bontemps, France, MandA
BFMTV launches vertical, live video format for mobile
Jul 23, 2020 – French news channel, BFMTV, has launched 'Live Vertical'. Developed with Wildmoka, 'Live Vertical' automatically converts the horizontal frames of standard TV streams to a vertical format better suited to smartphones.
News categories: Altice, Wildmoka, BFMTV, Arthur Dreyfuss, Thomas Menguy, Digital TV, France, Mobile, UX
Altice France selects CommScope for SFR Box 8 Smart Media Device
Sep 12, 2019 – Altice France is collaborating with CommScope to bring a personalised connected home experience to its SFR subscribers. Altice’s SFR Box 8 Smart Media Device represents the next phase of customer experience engagement as it aggregates services that consumers love.
News categories: CommScope, SFR, Altice France, Joe Chow, Grégory Rabuel, Digital TV, France, IBC2023, IPTV, Set Top Box, UX
SFR STBs first in France to integrate Amazon Prime Video
Aug 27, 2019 – Altice Europe is to make Amazon Prime Video available to its SFR customers in France. SFR will be the first of Altice operations and the first operator in France to announce the Prime Video app within its LaBox SFR Fibre, SFR Box Plus and SFR Box 8 set-top boxes.
News categories: Altice, Prime Video, Alain Weill, Jay Marine, Apps, Digital TV, Dominican Republic, France, IPTV, Israel, Portugal, Set Top Box, Streaming
- América Móvil increases shareholding in Telekom Austria
- Tele Columbus taps Simply.TV for advanced metadata
- AOMedia offers spatial audio specification under royalty-free license
- TheViewPoint integrates with FreeWheel
- Australia to introduce 'prominence framework' for local broadcast services
- Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
- Proximus optimises delivery of Pickx with Velocix Analytics
- Traditional US pay-TV services face continued decline
- Edgio adds player-independent video performance reports
- Flat panel display oversupply to continue into 2024
- Japan SVOD service revenue to reach $6 billion in 2027
- Ateme powers NT's sports video contribution in Asia and beyond
- Global TV shipments to fall below 197 million units in 2023
- WSTS revises semiconductor growth projections slightly upward
- Go Addressable becomes industry trade body
- NorDig releases IRD 3.2.1 and Test Plan 3.2.1 specs
- Improved tool helps ensure interoperability of DASH delivery
- Growth in global SVOD subscriptions to continue
- LG announces organizational restructuring
- HbbTV updates Operator Application specification