Digital TV News: Australian Government
Ocean Blue Talking TV Software Benefits Thousands In Australia As Part Of Government Help-Box Scheme
Apr 4, 2012 – Ocean Blue has partnered with Hills Antenna & TV System to release the first of its kind 'Talking' set-top box in Australia. The Talking Set Top Box, Hills HD94003G, was developed with the assistance of the Australian Government and Vision Australia.
News categories: Ocean Blue, Hills Antenna, Australia, MHEG-5, Middleware, Set Top Box
Australian Government releases talking set-top box
Sep 22, 2011 – Australia's Minister for Broadband, Communications and the Digital Economy has announced the commercial release of talking set-top boxes to help people who are vision impaired make the switch to digital-only television.
News categories: Australia, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
Optus Selects Irdeto's Conditional Access System to Secure Its Viewer Access Satellite Television System (VAST)
Jan 31, 2011 – Irdeto has announced that Optus has selected Irdeto's CA technology for the company's Viewer Access Satellite Television (VAST) effort, recently implemented by the Australian Government to allow all Australians to enjoy digital TV including HDTV.
News categories: Irdeto, Optus, Australia, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box
3ality Digital Powers World's First Terrestrial Stereoscopic 3D Broadcast
Jun 2, 2010 – Through an agreement with Australia's Nine Network, 3ality Digital has made the first of three matches of the 2010 National Rugby League State of Origin series available to viewers in S3D.
News categories: 3ality, Nine Network, Australia, Metaverse, Terrestrial
Australia releases National Broadband Network Implementation Study
May 6, 2010 – The Australian Government has released the National Broadband Network Implementation Study. The NBN will expand the possibilities for service providers to deliver video services to end users.
News categories: DBCDE, Australia, Content Distribution, IPTV, Regulation, Streaming
UEC set-top boxes for Eastern Australia satellite TV in-fill service
Apr 14, 2010 – The Australian Government has announced that VAST, a Southern Cross Media and Imparja joint venture, will provide digital TV services to viewers in eastern Australia who cannot receive DTT. Altech UEC will be the initial supplier of set top boxes.
News categories: Southern Cross Media, Imparja, Altech UEC, Australia, Digital TV, Regulation, Satellite, Set Top Box
Australia plans National Broadband Network
Apr 7, 2009 – The Australian Government has announced the establishment of a new company to build and operate a new super fast National Broadband Network to connect 90 percent of Australian homes, schools and workplaces with broadband at speeds up to 100Mbps.
News categories: Australia, Broadband, Fibre, IPTV
Australia announces digital TV transition package
Jan 29, 2009 – The Australian Government has announced a pilot package to drive the availability of improved television services as Australia makes the transition to digital. The package includes a new satellite service to extend access to digital TV.
News categories: Department of Broadband, Communications and the Digital Economy, Australia, Digital TV, Satellite, Terrestrial
Broadcast Mobile TV demonstrated with Sydney Trial
Jan 23, 2009 – The Ai Group's Australian Digital Suppliers Industry Forum (ADSIF) is coordinating a DVB-H mobile TV trial in Sydney with partners including Optus, Nokia, Nokia Siemens Networks, LG, Broadcast Australia and Australian Digital Testing.
News categories: Ai Group, Australia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile
- CDNetworks powers VSTV K+ OTT streaming in Vietnam
- 24i and Amagi partner to enable rapid launch of streaming services
- Net Insight and Skyline partner on live video workflows
- Mixed fortunes for pay TV in the Asia Pacific region
- Evolution Digital integrates OpenSync with an Android TV set-top box
- ARF calls for move away from TV households as basis of TV measurement
- 76% of SVOD services to introduce ads in the next two years
- Free, ad-supported streaming takes off in the U.S.
- NextGen TV begins broadcasting in Des Moines, IA
- PANTAFLIX to dispose of streaming technology subsidiary
- Harmonic powers live sports streaming for VertiCast
- Eurovision Sport selects Ad Insertion Platform monetization solution
- TV reception over the Internet continues to grow in Switzerland
- Ateme launches statmux for NextGen TV and streaming services
- Canela Media chooses Amagi for FAST content monetization
- SES in discussions regarding possible combination with Intelsat
- Comscore expands 48-hour television reporting
- TCCL deploys iWedia Android TV Custom Launcher
- LiveU joins AWS Partner Network
- 63% of rural Americans bundle internet and TV