Digital TV News: CBS Sports
OS updates coming to Roku devices in the U.S. this spring
Mar 9, 2023 – Roku (NASDAQ: ROKU) has announced platform-wide updates to its OS, with updates to Live TV, content discovery, Sports, the Roku Mobile App, and more rolling out in the U.S. this spring.
News categories: Roku, Preston Smalley, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, TV OS, USA, UX
6G-Datacast.tv offers datacasting protocol for ATSC 3.0
Nov 10, 2022 – 6G-Datacast.TV has developed a protocol by which a serial data stream is pushed to unlimited numbers of clients wirelessly. The protocol makes good on the promise of ATSC 3.0 for datacasting.
News categories: CEA Group, 6G-Datacast.tv, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
ViacomCBS to launch connected video ad platform
Aug 4, 2020 – ViacomCBS (NASDAQ: VIAC, VIACA) is to launch ViacomCBS EyeQ, a connected video advertising platform that will serve as a single transactional point of entry for digital video content from ViacomCBS’ portfolio of networks.
News categories: ViacomCBS, John Halley, David Lawenda, Advertising, Digital TV, USA
ViacomCBS expands YouTube TV distribution agreement
May 7, 2020 – ViacomCBS (NASDAQ: VIACA, VIAC) and Google have announced a distribution agreement to deliver more content from ViacomCBS’ portfolio of news, entertainment and sports networks for YouTube TV subscribers.
News categories: ViacomCBS, YouTube TV, Ray Hopkins, Lori Conkling, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
Comcast first MVPD to launch CBS All Access STB app
Jan 8, 2020 – ViacomCBS and Comcast have announced that the companies have renewed their content carriage agreement. In addition, CBS All Access, CBS’ SVOD and live streaming service, will be available on Comcast’s Xfinity X1 and Flex platforms later this year.
News categories: Comcast, ViacomCBS, Rebecca Heap, Ray Hopkins, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming, USA
CBS renews audience measurement with Nielsen
Jan 12, 2019 – CBS (NYSE: CBS.A and CBS) and Nielsen (NYSE: NLSN) have announced an agreement for Nielsen national, digital and local audience measurement. The renewal encompasses a range of services.
News categories: Nielsen, CBS Corp, David Kenny, Joe Ianniello, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
CBS will use multiple 8K cameras at the Super Bowl
Jan 9, 2019 – At the Super Bowl, CBS Sports will give viewers unparalleled coverage with its use of virtual augmented reality graphics and 115 cameras, including multiple 8K cameras alongside 16 cameras with 4K capabilities.
News categories: CBS Sports, Digital TV, USA
CBS And Nielsen collaborate on dynamic ad insertion in live broadcasts
May 14, 2018 – CBS and Nielsen have announced that they are working on a collaboration that will deliver Dynamic Ad Insertion (DAI) in live linear national broadcast television, helping to actualize and progress addressable advertising.
News categories: CBS, Nielsen, Jo Ann Ross, Peter Bradbury, Advertising, Big Data, Content Identification, Digital TV, Middleware, USA
CBS launches 24/7 direct-to-consumer streaming network for sports
Feb 26, 2018 – CBS has launched CBS SPORTS HQ, a 24-hour streaming sports news network offering news, highlights and analysis, easily accessible for free on connected devices. The new digital network is a collaboration between CBS Sports and CBS Interactive.
News categories: CBS Corp, CBS Interactive, CBS Sports, Leslie Moonves, Jim Lanzone, Sean McManus, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
- Tenstorrent to build AI and RISC-V chiplets with LG for Smart TVs
- DISH brings its linear TV to the digital ad marketplace
- health tv launches first FAST channel with Amagi
- Number of UK SVOD homes falls in 1Q 2023
- inext signs Moldova distribution contract with DIGIMAX
- EL PAIS begins live broadcasts on its FAST channel with The Channel Store
- SoftAtHome implements Alexa voice control software for etisalat by e&
- Arabsat Badr-8 satellite successfully launched
- Streaming TV growth in Latin America driven by ad-supported viewing
- STARZ domestic OTT subscribers up 700,000 in 1Q 2023
- New DIRECTV STREAM customers get priority access to Telly waiting list
- Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin
- BeIN Media and Google Cloud announce media and broadcast collaboration
- Activated STBs grow to 3,166,461 for South Africa's Openview
- Singtel TV subscribers down 6,000 in 1Q 2023
- Orby Elevate selects EUTELSAT for DTH TV distribution in the US
- U.S. SVOD revenues to grow at a 6.3% CAGR over 2022-2027
- Netgem releases trading update
- IPTV to partially offset revenue losses in cable and DTH in Korea
- Player.pl available on Xbox consoles, powered by Redge Media