Digital TV News: COMARK
Comark releases all-in-one transmitter for Non-Repack and NextGen TV
Sep 18, 2020 – Hitachi Kokusai Electric Comark has released its PARALLAX All-In-One (AIO) DTV transmitter for non-repack and NextGen TV requirements. PARALLAX AIO is a compact transmitter intended for medium power DTV markets.
News categories: Comark, Tom Barbeau, ATSC 3.0, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
NextGen Video Information Systems Alliance launched
Jun 11, 2020 – Broadcast and cable media solution providers have launched the NextGen Video Information Systems Alliance, a coalition to help accelerate the industry's evolution toward next-generation broadcast and OTT TV systems.
News categories: NextGen Video Information Systems Alliance, Edward Czarnecki, ATSC 3.0, Digital TV, USA, Worldwide
ARK Multicasting broadcasts both ATSC 1.0 and ATSC 3.0 from the same equipment stack
Oct 8, 2019 – ARK Multicasting has announced the first broadcast of both ATSC 1.0 and NEXTGEN TV ATSC 3.0 from the same equipment stack. An ATSC 1.0 signal was tested with a Hitachi-Comark transmitter and Ateme encoder. Using the same transmission equipment with the addition of an ATSC 3.0 stack by ENENSYS, the signal was converted to NEXTGEN TV.
News categories: ARK Multicasting, Hitachi-Comark, Airwavz.tv, ENENSYS, ATEME, Vern Fotheringham, Dick Fiore, Bonnie Beeman, Régis LE ROUX, ATSC 3.0, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Terrestrial, USA
Comark appointed as DigiCAP reseller for ATSC 3.0 solutions
Jul 31, 2019 – DigiCAP has appointed COMARK as an authorized reseller and service provider of the DigiCAP hardware and software product line. COMARK will be focusing on the North American broadcast DTV market for ATSC 3.0 solutions.
News categories: COMARK, DigiCAP, Tim Hosmer, Sang Jin Yoon, ATSC 3.0, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Gateway, North America
Phoenix Model Market to add second transmission site and SFN broadcasts
Apr 4, 2019 – The Phoenix Model Market project will soon expand beyond a single Next-Gen TV transmission tower to include an additional Single Frequency Network (SFN) station, to help broadcasters evaluate the benefits of SFN transmissions.
News categories: Pearl TV, Phoenix Model Market, Anne Schelle, ATSC 3.0, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Digital Alert Systems powers ATSC 3.0 Advanced Emergency Alerting demos at NAB 2019
Apr 2, 2019 – Digital Alert Systems has announced that its DASDEC series of Emergency Alert System (EAS)/Common Alerting Protocol (CAP) encoder/decoders will power demonstrations across the 2019 NAB Show that showcase the ATSC 3.0 Advanced Emergency Alerting (AEA) specification.
News categories: Digital Alert Systems, Ed Czarnecki, ATSC 3.0, Digital TV, NABShow, USA
Comark becomes Triveni Digital ATSC 1.0 and ATSC 3.0 re-seller for the U.S.
Mar 15, 2019 – Comark Digital Services has signed a reseller agreement with Triveni Digital for transmission, test and monitoring equipment for ATSC 1.0 and ATSC 3.0 installations. Comark Digital Services provides integration and system design services for TV stations.
News categories: Comark, Triveni Digital, Joe Turbolski, Ralph Bachofen, ATSC 3.0, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
DISH trials ATSC 3.0 as part of Spectrum Co's Dallas SFN project
Apr 8, 2018 – DISH has trialed the transmission and reception of the ATSC 3.0 standard as part of Spectrum Consortium's 'Next Gen' deployment project in Dallas. Using its 700 MHz E Block spectrum, DISH deployed on Spectrum Co.'s Garland SFN site.
News categories: DISH Network, Tom Cullen, John Hane, ATSC 3.0, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Terrestrial, USA
Comark transmitter and TeamCast exciter for Cleveland ATSC 3.0 trials
Apr 5, 2017 – TeamCast and Comark have announced that the National Association of Broadcasters (NAB) & the Consumer Technology Association (CTA) have selected their products for ATSC 3.0 field testing in Cleveland, OH (USA).
News categories: TeamCast, Comark, Eric Pinson, Dick Fiore, ATSC 3.0, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Terrestrial, USA
- Kaltura to migrate Cellcom TV to the Cloud
- Smart Home device market remains resilient despite pandemic
- Roku OS 9.4 to begin roll out to Roku devices
- Armstrong secures VOD launch with Verimatrix
- Global SVOD revenue to grow to $100 billion
- Amazon announces new Fire TV devices and redesigned UX
- ENENSYS announces ATSC 3.0 head end for hybrid delivery
- 605 signs measurement and analytics deal with Walmart
- AdLedger pilots OTT video ad deployment using blockchain
- VR market to grow despite pandemic blow to location-based segment
- Graham Media renews with Comscore for TV measurement
- 317 million SVOD subscriptions for the U.S. in 2025
- Clearcable adds Minerva Networks IPTV platform to offering
- BARB issues invitation to tender for five contracts
- Amino helps Colsecor add SENSA OTT to legacy set-top boxes
- 3SS provides technology for STINGTV app from Yes
- Discovery acquires assets of adtech start-up AdSparx
- SimulTV picks Limelight Edge services for global video delivery
- U.S. pay TV suffers historic cord-cutting
- SpotX unveils programmatic solutions for linear Addressable TV