Digital TV News: COSMOTE TV
OTE Group TV subscribers pass 600,000 in 3Q 2021
Nov 12, 2021 – OTE Group (ASE: HTO; OTC MARKET: HLTOY) has announced results to September 30, 2021. At period-end, the total number of TV subscribers was 600,000, up 6.6% year-on-year. Cosmote TV added 21,000 in the quarter.
News categories: OTE Group, Digital TV, Greece, IPTV, Results, Satellite, Subscribers
COSMOTE TV deploys private CDN with Synamedia
May 19, 2020 – COSMOTE TV has gone live with Synamedia’s Media Streamer CDN platform for its new streaming service. Media Streamer provides virtualized edge caching and streaming through a network of servers deployed across cities throughout Greece.
News categories: Synamedia, COSMOTE, Julien Signes, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Greece, Streaming
COSMOTE TV launches OTT service in Greece
Dec 11, 2019 – COSMOTE TV’s OTT service is now commercially available in Greece. With the new service, subscribers have access to COSMOTE TV's premium content with personalized recommendations based on their preferences and habits.
News categories: COSMOTE, Android TV, Digital TV, Greece, Set Top Box, Streaming
COSMOTE TV delivers Smart Remote experience on Zenterio OS-based STBs
Aug 30, 2018 – Zenterio has announced that OTE Group has deployed, in COSMOTE TV its pay-TV service, an advanced set-top box (STB) called EUROBOX (KAON NS2000) using Zenterio OS. Zenterio OS allows COSMOTE TV to support internet-delivered, on-demand content in addition to live content.
News categories: Zenterio, OTE Group, Jörgen Nilsson, Apps, Digital TV, Greece, IBC2023, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box
COSMOTE TV launches multiroom in Greece
Nov 2, 2017 – COSMOTE TV has announced that its subscribers are now able to watch simultaneously different channels through different TV sets in the home, as well as enjoy interactive TV services on all screens, via its COSMOTE TV MULTIROOM service.
News categories: COSMOTE TV, Digital TV, Greece, IPTV, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box
Zenterio migrates legacy STBs for OTE in Greece
May 2, 2017 – Zenterio has announced that it has completed the migration to Zenterio OS of the first 85,000 legacy set-top boxes for COSMOTE TV, OTE Group’s pay TV platform. The upgrade began at the end of 2016 on a customer opt-in basis.
News categories: Zenterio, OTE Group, Jörgen Nilsson, Digital TV, Greece, IPTV, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box
COSMOTE TV reaches 500,000 subscribers
Jan 30, 2017 – OTE Group, the largest telecommunications provider in the Greek market, has announced that COSMOTE TV has continued to grow, reaching 500 thousand subscribers, with more than 250 thousand migrating to hybrid services.
News categories: OTE Group, COSMOTE TV, Digital TV, Greece, IPTV, Satellite, Subscribers
OTE adopts COSMOTE TV brand for communication and entertainment services
Nov 14, 2016 – OTE Group's TV service has been re-named COSMOTE TV. The new world of COSMOTE TV unifies the capabilities of the group's satellite and IPTV platforms. COSMOTE TV offers interactive household and on-the-go TV services for all.
News categories: OTE Group, Dimitris Michalakis, Digital TV, Greece, IPTV, Satellite
- VTV selects ENENSYS for distribution to DVB-T2 transmitters over DTH
- DIAGNAL and Lounges.tv extend technology partnership
- Global FAST revenues to hit $17 billion in 2029
- Videotex India's largest licensee manufacturer of webOS Hub TVs
- Tubi beta tests ChatGPT-powered content discovery
- Amagi partners with TAG Video Systems for FAST channel monitoring
- ViewNexa survey reveals dissatisfaction among streaming subscribers
- Cignal TV taps Quickplay for Pilipinas Live global sports app
- TiVo releases Q2 2023 video trends report
- Ateme powers Viacom18's Indian Premier League UHD experience
- Streaming now most popular TV source in Canada
- Pixalate releases H1 2023 EMEA CTV ad supply chain report
- Mirada to power MNC's Vision+ streaming service in Indonesia
- Munich court rules Netflix infringing Broadcom video patent
- India Smart TV market grew 8% YoY in 1H23
- TV Monaco starts operations supported by Qvest
- Caretta Research: MVPDs must evolve into 'super aggregators'
- Barb upgrades API with BVOD, SVOD, video-sharing and non-TV device data
- U.S. JIC conditionally certifies Comscore, iSpot and VideoAmp currencies
- Global SVOD revenues to surpass $127bn in 2029