Digital TV News: Cabot Communications
MHEG Features As Part Of Asian DVB-T2 Transmission Trial
Feb 28, 2011 – IMPALA has announced that MHEG is forming a key part of the DVB-T2 technology workshop and transmission trial immediately prior to Asia-Pacific Broadcasting Union Digital Broadcasting Symposium in Malaysia.
News categories: IMPALA, Asia-Pacific Broadcasting Union, DVB-T2, Malaysia, MHEG-5, Middleware, Terrestrial
CI Plus Specification Benefits From HD MHEG Upgrade In Version 1.3
Jan 26, 2011 – The International MHEG Promotion Alliance has welcomed the launch of version 1.3 of the CI Plus standard. v1.3 conformance will become mandatory for new receivers integrating CI Plus no later than the 1st of August 2012.
News categories: CI Plus, IMPALA, Digital TV, MHEG-5, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Hybrid Web-to-TV Set Top Boxes Enable Operators and Broadcasters for Internet Video Battleground
Sep 29, 2010 – With an Internet Protocol (IP) link coming in to nearly every possible consumer electronics device with a screen, hybrid Web-to-TV set top boxes (STB) will be vital tools that enable broadcasters and operators to compete, says In-Stat.
News categories: In-Stat, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, OTT, Satellite, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
Worldwide Hybrid Web-to-TV Set Top Box Market Will Reach US$ 1.3 Billion by 2014
Aug 10, 2010 – Hybrid Web-to-TV Set Top Boxes will bring a new set of Internet services to TV sets. The value of Hybrid Set Top Boxes that are immediately put into use will reach US$ 1.3 Billion worldwide by 2014, according to In-Stat.
News categories: In-Stat, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Media Player, Middleware, OTT, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
MHEG Community Welcomes RTÉ's Selection Of MHEG For Irish DTT
Aug 4, 2010 – IMPALA, the International MHEG Promotion Alliance, has welcomed the news that Ireland's public broadcaster RTÉ has selected MHEG as the interactive middleware for the rollout of its national DTT service.
News categories: IMPALA, RTÉ, Ireland, MHEG-5, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
ETSI Adds Hybrid TV Interaction Channel In MHEG Middleware Update
May 5, 2010 – IMPALA, the International MHEG Promotion Alliance, has announced that ETSI has published the latest version of the market-leading public standard interactive TV middleware as a formal European standard.
News categories: IMPALA, MHEG-5, Middleware
ACCESS and Cabot Announce Platform-Independent HbbTV Plug-In Package
Apr 28, 2010 – ACCESS Co. and Cabot Communications have announced that they have jointly developed an HbbTV (Hybrid Broadcast Broadband TV) solution that can be plugged into any digital TV or set-top box platform.
News categories: ACCESS Co., Cabot, Digital TV, HbbTV, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV
Freeview NZ Adopts MHEG Interaction Channel For Hybrid Services
Feb 25, 2010 – IMPALA, the International MHEG Promotion Alliance, has announced that Freeview NZ has adopted the MHEG Interaction Channel (MHEG-IC) from the D-book 6.1 as part of an upgrade to its MHEG Country Profile that will allow hybrid services to be provided.
News categories: IMPALA, Freeview NZ, Digital TV, DVR, MHEG-5, New Zealand, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
Vestel Receives First FreeView HD Certification
Jan 20, 2010 – Vestel Electronics has announced that its T8300 DVB-T2 Freeview HD set top box (STB) has been certified by Freeview for the UK market. Vestel's Freeview HD box is the world's first DVB-T2 STB certified by Freeview.
News categories: Vestel, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, UK
- Connected TV continues to drive U.S. digital video ad growth
- VBox announces ATSC 3.0 Android TV Gateway
- Small growth in global pay TV subscribers to 2026
- Brightcove powers Studio Mojo's ‘Koode’ OTT service
- Vivendi, Fininvest and Mediaset end their disputes
- fuboTV partners with LiveRamp on addressable ad targeting
- Verizon Media to be acquired by Apollo funds
- Stoneroos acquired by NEP The Netherlands
- AirConsole casual gaming for TrueID TV Box users in Thailand
- Charter residential video customers down 156,000 in 1Q 2021
- Megacable subscribers up 24,000 in 1Q 2021
- Proximus Luxembourg selects Verimatrix VCAS
- Accedo supports 'AWS for Media & Entertainment' initiative
- Verizon Media and VIZIO announce connected TV advertising partnership
- IBM extends Watson advertising AI to OTT media and streaming
- Conviva releases Q1 2021 State of Streaming report
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 491,000 in 1Q 2021
- HISPASAT to take over Media Networks Latin America
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 230,000 in 1Q 2021
- Amazon Prime Video app added to UPC TV in Switzerland