Digital TV News: Consumer Technology Association
ADTH begins NEXTGEN TV receiver shipments
Aug 23, 2023 – Atlanta DTH has confirmed that shipments of its ADTH NEXTGEN TV Box have begun. The box allows ATSC 3.0 NEXTGEN TV and ATSC 1.0 FTA TV programs to be viewed on any IP-compatible TV display.
News categories: Atlanta DTH, Ivy Shou, ATSC 3, Digital TV, DRM, Set Top Box, USA
U.S. Cyber Trust Mark labeling program for smart devices announced
Jul 18, 2023 – The U.S. has announced a cybersecurity certification and labeling program to help Americans more easily choose smart devices that are safer and less vulnerable to cyberattacks.
News categories: Federal Communications Commission, National Institute of Standards and Technology, Digital TV, Gateway, Smart TV, USA
Zinwell certified to produce NEXTGEN TV set-tops
Jul 13, 2023 – Pearl TV has announced that Zinwell has completed self-certification testing and will soon enter the U.S. market with set-top products to help viewers transition to NEXTGEN TV.
News categories: Pearl TV, Zinwell, Anne Schelle, Paul Wu, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA
Tolka software powers first certified NEXTGEN TV upgrade accessory receiver
May 9, 2023 – Atlanta DTH (ADTH) is the first vendor to produce officially certified NEXTGEN TV upgrade accessory receivers with its ADTH NEXTGEN TV Box. The receiver is powered by Tolka ATSC 3 Stack software.
News categories: Tolka, Pearl TV, Atlanta DTH, Alex Day, Anne Schelle, Dr. Bob Campbell, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, USA
Software and services drive U.S. consumer technology market growth
Apr 12, 2023 – The CTA has announced its first U.S. Consumer Technology Software and Services Industry Forecast showing that software and services account for 31% of the U.S. consumer technology market in 2023.
News categories: Consumer Technology Association, Digital TV, Gaming, Market Research, Smart Home, Streaming, USA
Pearl TV brings NEXTGEN TV And Run3 TV to NAB Show 2023
Apr 13, 2023 – At NAB Show 2023, Pearl TV will demonstrate NEXTGEN TV features and capabilities with partners including Comcast NBCUniversal, Samsung and LG Electronics.
News categories: Pearl TV, RUN3TV, Robert Folliard, Anne Schelle, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middleware, NABShow, Smart TV, USA
Tolka software to power first certified NEXTGEN TV upgrade accessory
Feb 6, 2023 – Tolka is the first ATSC 3.0 software vendor to power devices entering the NEXTGEN TV trademark certification process. The Tolka software stack will reside on ADTH-branded receivers planned for introduction later this year.
News categories: Pearl TV, Tolka, Anne Schelle, Sam Matheny, Dr. Bob Campbell, ATSC 3, Digital TV, NABShow, Peripherals / Accessories, USA
NEXTGEN TV broadcasting begins in Boston
Jan 31, 2023 – Six television stations in Boston have launched NEXTGEN TV. The stations are: WUNI (Univision; channel 27); WCVB (ABC; channel 5); WFXT (FOX; channel 25); GBH (PBS; channel 2); WBZ (CBS; channel 4) and WBTS (NBC; channel 10).
News categories: Pearl TV, Anne Schelle, Theodore Stoner, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Initiative to further improve TV energy efficiency in N. America announced
Jan 6, 2023 – The CTA, with leading TV manufacturers, the NRDC and the ACEEE have announced a voluntary agreement aimed at significantly improving the energy efficiency of TVs sold in the United States and Canada.
News categories: Consumer Technology Association, NRDC, Douglas Johnson, Joe Vukovich, Canada, Digital TV, Smart TV, USA
- VTV selects ENENSYS for distribution to DVB-T2 transmitters over DTH
- DIAGNAL and Lounges.tv extend technology partnership
- Global FAST revenues to hit $17 billion in 2029
- Videotex India's largest licensee manufacturer of webOS Hub TVs
- Tubi beta tests ChatGPT-powered content discovery
- Amagi partners with TAG Video Systems for FAST channel monitoring
- ViewNexa survey reveals dissatisfaction among streaming subscribers
- Cignal TV taps Quickplay for Pilipinas Live global sports app
- TiVo releases Q2 2023 video trends report
- Ateme powers Viacom18's Indian Premier League UHD experience
- Streaming now most popular TV source in Canada
- Pixalate releases H1 2023 EMEA CTV ad supply chain report
- Mirada to power MNC's Vision+ streaming service in Indonesia
- Munich court rules Netflix infringing Broadcom video patent
- India Smart TV market grew 8% YoY in 1H23
- TV Monaco starts operations supported by Qvest
- Caretta Research: MVPDs must evolve into 'super aggregators'
- Barb upgrades API with BVOD, SVOD, video-sharing and non-TV device data
- U.S. JIC conditionally certifies Comscore, iSpot and VideoAmp currencies
- Global SVOD revenues to surpass $127bn in 2029