Digital TV News: Consumer Technology Association
iWedia launches ATSC 3.0 software stack
May 17, 2022 – iWedia has announced the launch of an ATSC 3.0 broadcast and broadband software stack, designed to give network operators more flexibility, greater reliability and more efficient operation. iWedia has also become a member of the ATSC committee.
News categories: iWedia, Hans-Jürgen Desor, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Middleware, Worldwide
Pearl TV and MediaTek launch 'FastTrack to NEXTGEN TV' reference platform
Apr 19, 2022 – Pearl TV and MediaTek have launched 'FastTrack to NEXTGEN TV,' a program that accelerates and streamlines the path for adoption of NEXTGEN TV technology by consumer electronic makers producing smart TVs and related devices.
News categories: MediaTek, Pearl TV, Alfred Chan, Anne Schelle, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Middleware, NABShow, Semiconductor, Smart TV, USA
NEXTGEN TV showing increasing consumer interest and purchase intent
Mar 30, 2022 – According to research conducted by Magid, NEXTGEN TV advertising, including Dolby commercials from a marketing campaign which debuted on local TV stations across the U.S., is resonating strongly with consumers.
News categories: Pearl TV, Dolby, Magid, Anne Schelle, Mathias Bendull, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
NEXTGEN TV coalition highlights industry momentum at CES
Jan 5, 2022 – The coalition of U.S. broadcasters transitioning to NEXTGEN TV has applauded the plans announced during CES 2022 by Hisense and MediaTek, and new field test data recently achieved by Sony at the 'Motown 3.0 Open Test Track' in Detroit.
News categories: Pearl TV, MediaTek, Hisense, Sony Electronics, Anne Schelle, Alfred Chan, ATSC 3, CES2023, Digital TV, In-Car, Semiconductor, Smart TV, USA
CES 2022 to close one day early
Dec 30, 2021 – The Consumer Technology Association (CTA) has announced that CES 2022 will be closing one day early, to now take place in Las Vegas on Jan. 5-7, 2022. Over 2200 exhibitors are confirmed to exhibit in person at the show.
News categories: Consumer Technology Association, Gary Shapiro, CES2023, Digital TV, USA
U.S. STB initiative saves consumers $2 billion in energy costs
Aug 23, 2021 – An agreement between the pay TV industry and energy efficiency advocates, led by the CTA, NCTA and CableLabs, has cut energy usage of STBs by more than half in the U.S., since it was established eight years ago.
News categories: NCTA, Consumer Technology Association, Neal Goldberg, Doug Johnson, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Satellite, Set Top Box, USA
Proof of vaccination required to attend CES 2022
Aug 18, 2021 – The Consumer Technology Association (CTA) has announced that CES 2022 will require in-person attendees to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination. CES 2022 will take place in Las Vegas on January 5-8, 2022.
News categories: Consumer Technology Association, Gary Shapiro, CES2023, COVID-19, Digital TV, USA, Worldwide
U.S. tech revenue to hit $487 billion in 2021
Jul 15, 2021 – According to the CTA, subscription video streaming services will see continued growth in demand in 2021. TV shipments will reach 45 million units, with NEXTGEN TV shipments up nearly sixfold to 2.1 million units.
News categories: CTA, Gary Shapiro, Digital TV, Gaming, Market Research, Metaverse, Smart Home, Smart TV, Smartphone, Streaming, USA
CTA announces return to Las Vegas for CES 2022
Apr 29, 2021 – The Consumer Technology Association (CTA) has announced that CES 2022 will return to Las Vegas next year. CTA will convene the tech industry in-person and digitally. CES heads back to Las Vegas Jan. 5-8, 2022.
News categories: Consumer Technology Association, Gary Shapiro, Karen Chupka, CES2023, COVID-19, Digital TV, USA, Worldwide
- SUPER RTL launch TOGGO multiscreen service enabled by 3SS
- 24i launches 24iQ personalization and recommendations service
- Great Wall Motor selects ACCESS-powered IVI system from BEAN TECH
- Infovista enables user experience testing for OTT and 5G apps and services
- UAE TV viewership research launched at CABSAT 2022
- Another record month for U.S. streaming in April
- Global OTT revenues to grow to $224 billion in 2027
- Conviva data shows double digit streaming growth worldwide
- Nielsen deduplicates audiences across Smart TV and streaming providers
- 605 extends agreement to use VIZIO ACR data
- Pluto TV launches in the Nordics
- U.S. home entertainment spending up 10.9% to $8.7 billion in 1Q 2022
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost 1,956,000 subscribers in 1Q 2022
- 3SS and ContentWise to use AI to power personalized user experiences
- NOS shows international holographic transmission using 5G
- Telestream acquires Encoding.com
- Hisense unveils its first Smart TV with Fire TV built-in
- Conviva announces streaming audience measurement standard
- iWedia launches ATSC 3.0 software stack
- SVOD reaches saturation in Sweden