Digital TV News: CoreMedia
Global DRM Market to Reach US$2.5 Billion by 2017
Nov 21, 2011 – Global Industry Analysts (GIA) has announced the release of a report on the Digital Rights Management (DRM) market. Media & Entertainment DRM is the fastest growing segment, with revenue growing at a CAGR of about 15.3% over the analysis period.
News categories: Global Industry Analysts, Content Protection, DRM, Market Research
Discretix and CoreMedia demonstrate OMA DRM for mobile video streaming
Mar 18, 2009 – Discretix and CoreMedia have announced the availability of the world's first open standards-based solution for secure mobile video streaming.
News categories: CoreMedia, Discretix, 5G, Content Protection, DRM, Middleware, Mobile
Technology Leaders Announce 'Marlin Partner Program' to Make Digital Content Interoperable Across Multiple Devices and Services
Oct 22, 2008 – Over twenty-five leading technology companies have joined forces to create the Marlin Partner Program (MPP). Members of the program can now deliver technology solutions that make digital content interoperable between consumer electronics devices.
News categories: Marlin, Content Protection, DRM, Mobile, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Streaming, Tablet
BBC signs agreement to enable 'over the air' download from iPlayer to mobiles
Oct 10, 2008 – The BBC has signed a set of agreements to allow users to download television programmes from BBC iPlayer direct to their mobile handsets, via a wireless internet connection or 'over the air'.
News categories: BBC iPlayer, CMLA, CoreMedia, Intertrust, Open Mobile Alliance, Digital TV, Media Player, Mobile, Streaming, UK
OMA BCAST 1.0 mobile TV interoperability tests held in Berlin
Jun 11, 2007 – bmcoforum members held a test camp from June 4-8, 2007 in Berlin targeting interoperable end-to-end solutions based on an initial implementation profile for mobile TV based on specifications of the Open Mobile Alliance.
News categories: bmcoforum, Open Mobile Alliance, Digital TV, Mobile
First-Ever Mobile Television Handset With Smartcard Profile Protection
Jun 6, 2007 – Discretix together with CyberLink, CoreMedia, and GIGA-BYTE Communications (GBC), have announced a demonstration of the first mobile TV handset supporting the Smartcard Profile. More …
News categories: Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, Media Player, Middleware, Mobile
CoreMedia, Discretix to Demo OMA BCAST Smartcard Profile Mobile TV at NAB
Apr 19, 2007 – Discretix and CoreMedia have announced the availability of a groundbreaking mobile television solution at NAB2007. The solution is the first ever to offer end-to-end service and content protection according to the OMA BCAST Smartcard Profile. More …
News categories: CAM, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, Mobile, NABShow
- Mirada to power MNC's Vision+ streaming service in Indonesia
- Munich court rules Netflix infringing Broadcom video patent
- India Smart TV market grew 8% YoY in 1H23
- TV Monaco starts operations supported by Qvest
- Caretta Research: MVPDs must evolve into 'super aggregators'
- Barb upgrades API with BVOD, SVOD, video-sharing and non-TV device data
- U.S. JIC conditionally certifies Comscore, iSpot and VideoAmp currencies
- Global SVOD revenues to surpass $127bn in 2029
- Ateme enables 5G Broadcast transmission in the U.S.
- Amazon announces Fire TV product updates
- TCL adds Fire TV options to U.S television portfolio
- Another slow year expected for AR/VR headsets
- Intigral partners with DIAGNAL to enhance entertainment experiences
- Du chooses DataMiner monitoring for broadcast and teleport operations
- TSTT switches to Zappware's multi-screen client framework
- Allegro DVT launches video encoder IP for 4K/8K video
- AVOD revenues to hit $69 billion in 2029
- ZTE unveils updated Cloud PVP solution at IBC 2023
- Accedo brings AI-powered sports highlights to Accedo Launcher
- 76% of Nordic households now have an internet connected TV set